Author Topic: What's the point of keeping Buzzsaw?  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Re: What's the point of keeping Buzzsaw?
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2023, 12:52:44 PM »
Why complain here? Make a formal request to HiTech.

Agree.  Continually complaining amongst us players is for sure not going to change anything.  Don’t understand the hesitancy to call Dale and talk, suggest, etc. 

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2023, 01:05:43 PM »
I would submit that Dale reads the boards and has access to, on each map, the average census at specific times.

Many I would also say fly maps that they dislike.

I know I do. I bail on maps I dislike. Sight seeing with a long ride home is not why I play.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2023, 04:57:52 PM »
I'd rather use the community method of discussing issues for what it's worth. You might think its "complaining" and maybe it is, I just hate to see the #s suffer from poor gameplay on maps that create poor gameplay.

I'm trying to figure out how this map is useful for the community. Okay, 10 players like it... big whoop. I bet if we had a vote in game about 80% of players would not like it. I can see it clearly in the #s everytime I log in and see it.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2023, 05:05:46 PM »
Always produces super low #s. When I'm in the start tab and notice the #s are really low, then I click in and it's buzzsaw I alway go, yup... why hurt the #s with this map? It makes little strategic sense from a business and gameplay perspective. The map is just horrible in so many ways. Sometimes you just gotta realize that not all things are successful and it's better to just cut the loss rather than continue to let it effect the game in a negative way. I just dont get it.

I think Hitech keeps it in just to piss you off!  :devil

Some guys like the bombing on it, fields of GVs. Some guys like the GVs milking of the strats. Other guys like killing the GVs milking the strats.

You mostly dont like it because there arent many "furbal" type fights going on on it. Far to many perch sitting looking to pick and run all those guy bombing GVs.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2023, 05:37:41 PM »
I think Hitech keeps it in just to piss you off!  :devil

Some guys like the bombing on it, fields of GVs. Some guys like the GVs milking of the strats. Other guys like killing the GVs milking the strats.

You mostly dont like it because there arent many "furbal" type fights going on on it. Far to many perch sitting looking to pick and run all those guy bombing GVs.

The irony is that it's merely a giant furball island. Which is particularly why I don't like it from a MA point of view. I don't see much strategic aspects to it and you can't even really find fights from the CVs because the bases are in the middle of the "saws". I don't know, just the whole thing doesn't make a whole lotta  sense from a combat strategic point of view.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2023, 09:06:05 PM »
The irony is that it's merely a giant furball island. Which is particularly why I don't like it from a MA point of view. I don't see much strategic aspects to it and you can't even really find fights from the CVs because the bases are in the middle of the "saws". I don't know, just the whole thing doesn't make a whole lotta  sense from a combat strategic point of view.

Buzzsaw is the ultimate map from the strategic point of view. Strats are always down, or can be made down if you want them down. And then you have leverage to achieve your strategic objectives.

Oh, and the I16 and Brewster enablement at Vbases underutilized but nice little quirk. One of my 3 fav maps.

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2023, 12:41:52 AM »
Buzzsaw is the ultimate map from the strategic point of view. Strats are always down, or can be made down if you want them down. And then you have leverage to achieve your strategic objectives.

Oh, and the I16 and Brewster enablement at Vbases underutilized but nice little quirk. One of my 3 fav maps.
+1

Buzzsaw is a great map to win

It's also one of those maps that doesn't take losingmuch ground in the center before it becomes hard to play on.

One of the few maps HQ runs are profitable.

"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2023, 09:05:30 AM »
Get a hobby for the off hours. Visit a state park.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2023, 05:50:23 PM »

I already have a few  :furious
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2023, 01:49:07 PM »
absolutely absurd statement to make

« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 01:50:55 PM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2023, 04:23:36 PM »
Same with this current map. only good thing about it is fighter town and when that gets rolled by lame dudes in there mothers basement at 3am pst the map becomes extremely time consuming to do anything enjoyable. Just my opinion. I know our squad of 3-8 regulars does not play when the maps SUCK.