Author Topic: I believe "Masters of the air" is in the can  (Read 3576 times)

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
I believe "Masters of the air" is in the can
« on: March 31, 2023, 11:58:07 AM »
On to editing etc.

nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: I believe "Masters of the air" is in the can
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2023, 12:34:08 PM »
I was watching a Band of Brothers panel recorded at the National WW2 museum a few months ago that was focused on the actor boot camp. The panel included Capt. Dale Dye (whose company runs the boot camps), several actors, and one of the series producers. The producer mentioned that the Master's of the Air actor boot camp was completed shortly before the panel was held.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2023, 09:06:22 AM »
Can't wait.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2023, 09:20:27 AM »

Hope it's better than The Pacific.

But maybe comparison to Band of Brothers is too high a bar for anyone.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2023, 11:49:20 PM »
It had better be.  Talk on another forum says the FAA is going to issue an emergency AD which will ground all B-17s soon due to wing spar issues.  Supposedly operators have been warned to get their planes to a final destination where they want them to stay before the AD drops.

“The Yankee Air Museum decided to proactively cease flight operations of the B-17G Flying Fortress ‘Yankee Lady.’Recent inspections of other B-17s have discovered wing spar issues. As a result we expect a mandatory Airworthiness Directive to be issued by the FAA in the next few weeks regarding the matter. Out of an abundance of caution, we are temporarily ceasing our B-17 flight operations and awaiting direction from the FAA regarding necessary inspections and repairs that will be required. It is expected that the B-17 will not fly during the 2023 flying season. Please note that this only affects the B-17.“
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2023, 07:37:16 AM »
Unfortunate but better than losing another 17 and her flight crew. Safety first.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2023, 10:22:45 AM »
Not being obtuse, but have there been losses of B17's to spar related issues lately?
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2023, 11:18:19 AM »
No, but it could have been something uncovered in the investigations of the two B-17 mishaps.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2023, 12:17:47 PM »
It had better be.  Talk on another forum says the FAA is going to issue an emergency AD which will ground all B-17s soon due to wing spar issues.  Supposedly operators have been warned to get their planes to a final destination where they want them to stay before the AD drops.

“The Yankee Air Museum decided to proactively cease flight operations of the B-17G Flying Fortress ‘Yankee Lady.’Recent inspections of other B-17s have discovered wing spar issues. As a result we expect a mandatory Airworthiness Directive to be issued by the FAA in the next few weeks regarding the matter. Out of an abundance of caution, we are temporarily ceasing our B-17 flight operations and awaiting direction from the FAA regarding necessary inspections and repairs that will be required. It is expected that the B-17 will not fly during the 2023 flying season. Please note that this only affects the B-17.“

Shouldn't that be up to the B17 flyers to make the decision? Don't they check for that kind of thing? Could it not be repaired and re-inforced?

A shame regardless if they go through with that.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2023, 10:59:29 PM »
When you think about it with the loss of 3 B17s over the past 10 years or so, there are only 3 or so flyable in the US and one in the UK.

See the following links for more info..

It's coming up on 25 years since I filmed this..  four B17s at one airshow.  https://youtu.be/sL4u4OM_7YI

https://www.aerovintage.com/2023/04/15/new-b-17-wing-ad-forthcoming/

http://www.warbirdinformationexchange.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=73727&sid=b367bfbb9bf8c1955406f9003e9d186b&mobile=off
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 11:08:52 PM by Fencer51 »
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2023, 03:00:21 PM »
Has anyone heard an update or seen anything released yet? A Google search seemed to give me a September 20th, 2023 release date - but I have not activated an Apple TV subscription to view myself.
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2023, 03:46:03 PM »
I've had AppleTV for a year in anticipation of this; still says its coming at a later date.  Not sure, could the writer's strike have set back the schedule?

Hoping for it by the end of the year...

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2023, 03:51:50 PM »
I saw an article that said we could see it sooner than we thought. But I have seen nothing since that article.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2023, 04:46:16 PM »
I've had AppleTV for a year in anticipation of this; still says its coming at a later date.  Not sure, could the writer's strike have set back the schedule?

Hoping for it by the end of the year...

I would say that’s a safe bet. It affected so many things. Looks like they made a deal.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2023, 05:44:29 PM »
Last rumors I heard is that it bumped to Jan.

Pffffftttt.

Glad I didn't already signup for Apple yet.  They'll get my money after I've heard reviews.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.