Author Topic: Do Squad Challenges Still Exist?  (Read 357 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Do Squad Challenges Still Exist?
« on: April 03, 2023, 06:27:21 PM »
Was going through some old posts from me and squaddies and came across this one where Jaegar’s 353’s challenged my squad to a match. Feels like we did a few of them and they were lots of fun. Was there a leaderboard at some point?

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,265906.msg3316252.html#msg3316252

I’m not in a squad anymore and I kind of like it that way but would totally join for the night for these. You guys do such a nice job with all the events and scenarios already, might be a nice one to retry.

Also, Jaeger I apologize for not remembering this in our recent FSO flights but going through these posts showed me that we traded a lot of paint back in the day!  :salute
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Do Squad Challenges Still Exist?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2023, 11:20:57 AM »
Was going through some old posts from me and squaddies and came across this one where Jaegar’s 353’s challenged my squad to a match. Feels like we did a few of them and they were lots of fun. Was there a leaderboard at some point?

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,265906.msg3316252.html#msg3316252

I’m not in a squad anymore and I kind of like it that way but would totally join for the night for these. You guys do such a nice job with all the events and scenarios already, might be a nice one to retry.

Also, Jaeger I apologize for not remembering this in our recent FSO flights but going through these posts showed me that we traded a lot of paint back in the day!  :salute

Unfortunately with the current state of Match Play arena, they do not exist because there is a bug where you can't choose 2v2 and up. Plus you can't choose the teams you want to fight. It's random. So that whole thing is messed up.

The only way you can do it now would be to set up a custom arena and fight that way if you can put it together.

However, I don't believe most squads these days are fighter oriented and their aren't many fighter only squads. Ontop of that, people are too scared of fighting due to Egos because of what Skyyr did to players, which made a lot of people very salty about 1v1s which I think did a lot of damage to the 1v1 fighter base for a while. So now with far less fighter squads, and far less people who are evening willing to fight 1v1 or with a squad vs squad. You probably aren't going to see it anymore unless you can get squads in a custom arena who want to fight. Ohwell!
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2023, 11:26:13 AM »
what did Skyrr do to 1v1s? I remember he was kind of a jerk but no more so than some others in here.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2023, 11:27:15 AM »
what did Skyrr do to 1v1s? I remember he was kind of a jerk but no more so than a lot of others in here.

I think posting everyone's fights on youtube and taking it all personal rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2023, 11:38:38 AM »
ah, yeah I can see that. He definitely could be unhinged sometimes. I used to watch him on twitch. He had a group of yes men that would help him hunt people. He would show up at 10k above you and then when he got in trouble he would run to his friends who would always just be lingering up high not engaging anyone else. I never remember a time meeting him in the arena where he wasn't at least 5k above me.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2023, 12:18:53 PM »
ah, yeah I can see that. He definitely could be unhinged sometimes. I used to watch him on twitch. He had a group of yes men that would help him hunt people. He would show up at 10k above you and then when he got in trouble he would run to his friends who would always just be lingering up high not engaging anyone else. I never remember a time meeting him in the arena where he wasn't at least 5k above me.

I'm sure you saw me starring in those streams quite often..   :rofl

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2023, 12:25:47 PM »
Unfortunately with the current state of Match Play arena, they do not exist because there is a bug where you can't choose 2v2 and up. Plus you can't choose the teams you want to fight. It's random. So that whole thing is messed up.

The only way you can do it now would be to set up a custom arena and fight that way if you can put it together.

However, I don't believe most squads these days are fighter oriented and their aren't many fighter only squads. Ontop of that, people are too scared of fighting due to Egos because of what Skyyr did to players, which made a lot of people very salty about 1v1s which I think did a lot of damage to the 1v1 fighter base for a while. So now with far less fighter squads, and far less people who are evening willing to fight 1v1 or with a squad vs squad. You probably aren't going to see it anymore unless you can get squads in a custom arena who want to fight. Ohwell!

Well thank you that explains a bunch lol. My squad was not a fighter squad either but we still had a good time. I’m still awful in one.  :joystick:
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!