Author Topic: That last 1.5 years  (Read 9207 times)

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Re: That last 1.5 years
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2023, 03:06:39 PM »
Sorry for your loss.  Glad to hear you got your kids back.  Good luck and wish you a speedy recovery with upcoming op!   :pray

:salute
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2023, 03:10:38 PM »
Wow, that sucks monkey balls. I'm glad to hear things are looking better with the kids. Good luck with the surgery!

Camo  :salute
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2023, 03:20:49 PM »
Very sorry to hear about the rough times.  Thanks for the update.  Please keep us updated about the surgery.   :salute
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Wildin

• Zinc Member
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2023, 03:40:50 PM »
Congrats on the divorce resolution and best wishes for the upcoming surgery.  :salute

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2023, 03:52:48 PM »
Thanks for the update Dale I know that was hard to do. Im glad it is all working out with your kids and I wish you the very best with your upcoming surgery. <S>

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2023, 04:00:02 PM »
I know you were going through it Dale. I never argued about any new developments because I know for sure what was going on in your life. Take it easy, Get well soon brother and come back harder.  :salute
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2023, 04:09:22 PM »
 Sadly I can relate to real life interrupting everything. But real life takes priority. Best to you. 

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2023, 04:25:46 PM »
The last 1 1/2 years my personal life has been difficult, hence slow development.

The cliff note version is.

Fall of 2021 I filed for a divorce do to my wife trying to alienate the kids from me.
She got primary custody at the temp order hearing. The alienation was so bad she was telling our 3 kids to be mean to me so I would give up. I can not describe how difficult it is to have your kids pretend to hate you.

April 2022 My mother passed.

Last August the custody evaluation was completed and recommended she have supervised visitation only. After which she requested a jury trial which delayed the divorce another 1 to 1.5 years.  In  October primary custody was given to me.  Things improved very rapidly since I was given primary possession of my kids. They now act like my children again.

Early march I found out I have an ascending aortic aneurysm. Showed up on cat scan Feb 2021 when I had a sever case of covid, but no one told me about it.
May 5 I will have open heart surgery where they replace the first 2 inches of my aorta.

The divorce put a lot of mental stress on me, and I could not focus on any game development since the beginning of the conflict in Augest 2021.

My apologizes for the lack of development, I hope to be back at it soon.

Dale

What a horrible, crappy thing to go through with the divorce. What a horrible person your ex must be to stoop so low.
I'm glad you're finally seeing some light at the end of that.

And then losing your mom. My condolences to you. I lost my dad in October. First person close to me that I've ever experienced losing.

I'm praying for you and  your kids. Hope everything goes as planned with the surgery.

Gina

« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 04:27:33 PM by -gg- »
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2023, 04:27:28 PM »
Well that truly sucks, hope things start to turn around for ya Dale!

Online RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2023, 04:32:05 PM »
So sorry to hear this.  Sounds like at least some things are working out.  Good luck with the surgery and please keep us posted.
RELIC
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2023, 04:41:19 PM »
The last 1 1/2 years my personal life has been difficult, hence slow development.

The cliff note version is.

Fall of 2021 I filed for a divorce do to my wife trying to alienate the kids from me.
She got primary custody at the temp order hearing. The alienation was so bad she was telling our 3 kids to be mean to me so I would give up. I can not describe how difficult it is to have your kids pretend to hate you.

April 2022 My mother passed.

Last August the custody evaluation was completed and recommended she have supervised visitation only. After which she requested a jury trial which delayed the divorce another 1 to 1.5 years.  In  October primary custody was given to me.  Things improved very rapidly since I was given primary possession of my kids. They now act like my children again.

Early march I found out I have an ascending aortic aneurysm. Showed up on cat scan Feb 2021 when I had a sever case of covid, but no one told me about it.
May 5 I will have open heart surgery where they replace the first 2 inches of my aorta.

The divorce put a lot of mental stress on me, and I could not focus on any game development since the beginning of the conflict in Augest 2021.

My apologizes for the lack of development, I hope to be back at it soon.

Dale

I was married to a narcissitic sociopath for 30 years and change. (Well, it will offically be over April 15th.)

The pathological lying, serial cheating, manipulating, gaslighting and scapegoating were so bad that on July 14 2019 I attempted to take my own life. These things combined to give me PTSD so severe that I have seizures, down on the floor, flopping around like a fish out of water.

Both of my parents passed (2019 and 2020).

I am now staying with my son and his family and my mental/emotional health is getting better every day. All 3 of my kids believe me now (at one point none of them did) after seeing some of the 75g of evidence I have in a google drive account and they are all supportive of me filing for a divorce.

Things do get better over time Dale, trust in that, enjoy your kids, and do work you love.

I'm not telling you these things to get sympathy from you or anyone else. I'm telling you these things to show you that there is hope and that things can and do get better. There was a time when I couldn't do anything except pace the floor while ruminating but that has gotten better for me and things WILL get better for you as well. Keep your chin up even if that means you take things one day at a time, 1 hour, or even 1 minute at a time. Make it through each day because those kids of yours depend on you for everything.

I strongly suggest a meditation app (I use Calm) and meditate daily before leaving your bedroom. Consider reading a book titled Brain Talk by Dr David Schnarch for personal healing. Another is Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl (holocaust survivor).

Best wishes to you in your recovery process Dale, you have a long, tough, row to hoe but I and many others are in your corner and we're cheering you on. Feel free to PM me any time.

Elfie, aka Rick
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2023, 04:48:28 PM »
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline Peabody

• Zinc Member
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2023, 05:30:37 PM »
Very sorry to hear about your troubles and more so your loss of your mother. I hope that you are able to recover quickly and gain some sense of happiness and fulfillment in your life. :salute

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2023, 05:38:42 PM »
Damn Dale, I'm sorry to hear all this. I'm not one to pray much, but I'll give it a whirl
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2023, 06:09:28 PM »
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber