Author Topic: Looking for AH3 .ahf video donations for a project.  (Read 2862 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Looking for AH3 .ahf video donations for a project.
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2023, 08:45:32 AM »
I already have 90% of the material, a better scene could change that. I don’t need a lot of files, I need to fill a few specific slots. If you’d like to donate a great scene in VR and in .ahf format it would be appreciated.

Oldman fights are rarely worth watching, but this fight with BTSolar's 205 and my 202 has some pretty good swirly action starting around the 14 minute mark.

- oldman

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2023, 04:17:06 PM »
I think I have more then enough planes and dogfighting films now. After saving select clips from the films I have 240G of .avi files.

The idea is to cram every aspect of the game into one 7 min (max) film that follows a loose storyboard set to soundtrack. That's not easy.  So many great pilots and clips to choose from, kinda made it harder. :)

I'd really love it if I could acquire some multi-plane take offs from an aircraft carrier. Nothing has to be aimed, record just has to be on.
And some tank wars with a couple recording the same event. Finding the time to make them myself is really hard in this heavy work $eason.

Other then that, getting angles and piecing it together will take a while. My apologies if I didn't fit clips from every donator. If it goes over well I may make another out of the same batch.

Thanks for helping, there will be credits.

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2023, 04:28:53 PM »
I think I have more then enough planes and dogfighting films now. After saving select clips from the films I have 240G of .avi files.

The idea is to cram every aspect of the game into one 7 min (max) film that follows a loose storyboard set to soundtrack. That's not easy.  So many great pilots and clips to choose from, kinda made it harder. :)

I'd really love it if I could acquire some multi-plane take offs from an aircraft carrier. Nothing has to be aimed, record just has to be on.
And some tank wars with a couple recording the same event. Finding the time to make them myself is really hard in this heavy work $eason.

Other then that, getting angles and piecing it together will take a while. My apologies if I didn't fit clips from every donator. If it goes over well I may make another out of the same batch.

Thanks for helping, there will be credits.

If there are any other volunteers, I would be happy to hop on the training arena or something and film a group CV takeoff sometime, just tell me who else will join me. I will warn you though, in my experience films with CVs are pretty wack, where it looks like the plane hooks on thin air 800 yards away from the boat, or sometimes on the MA someone will hook on the same carrier I'm on, again way off in thin air.

Just a warning, but I am more than willing to fly in a choreographed flight.

Also Animl, let me know if you want aerobatics or tricks, I'll see what I can do, I can do some funky stuff with a 262 at low speed and I can fly comfortably below treetop level, just lemme know what you want.  :aok
« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 04:30:44 PM by Tig »
Turn n' Burn!

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2023, 07:20:55 PM »
If there are any other volunteers, I would be happy to hop on the training arena or something and film a group CV takeoff sometime, just tell me who else will join me. I will warn you though, in my experience films with CVs are pretty wack, where it looks like the plane hooks on thin air 800 yards away from the boat, or sometimes on the MA someone will hook on the same carrier I'm on, again way off in thin air.

Just a warning, but I am more than willing to fly in a choreographed flight.

Also Animl, let me know if you want aerobatics or tricks, I'll see what I can do, I can do some funky stuff with a 262 at low speed and I can fly comfortably below treetop level, just lemme know what you want.  :aok

Thanks,
The angle I'm going for is just going to be a lower front or upper tip of the ship shot with the AC just streaming off a few seconds apart, to avoid view of spawn or layered AC. 2-5 planes would be great. maybe matching hogs, I already have a F6 shot. I'm only going to use about 5-10 seconds of it. I hope latency or bkg processes isn't an issue. That's a problem I'm having with great shots gone bad. A zitter and it goes in the trash. It cut shorten the Paris scenario buff formation, which was otherwise killer.

I just need some ship and ground vehicles/tanks.

Maybe in the future, time permitting, do an ACM video.

We'll see how this one turns out.