Author Topic: Skin Request : B-24M Liberator "Surprise Attack" (44-50956) - 308th BG, 374th BS  (Read 305 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
B-24M Liberator (44-50956) "Surprise Attack" of the 308th Bomb Group, 374th Bomb Squadron.

This one has airways been a personal favorite.  I grew up looking at the nose art hanging from Confederate Air Force's main hangar in Harlingen, Texas.    I have a replica nose art panel and a throw pillow of it in my living room.   Lol.

Any way, the fact that this is one of the few extant original noise art paintings makes it a worthy subject if anyone is interested in taking it on.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 12:55:12 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Always not airways....  Nose art not noise.   :bhead
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 03:41:12 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Curious why you don't do it?

:salute
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Pretty sure he's working on other things, and the B-24 hasn't been updated so the normal issues with skinning the aircraft are there.  Greebo would probably be best suited to skinning her since I believe he's done some recently?  I fairly certain that one has been done within the past year, though knowing my luck, I'm misremembering. :o

But, the question is valid.  I'm also a touch curious.  :)
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Volron peri much sums it up.  Also, I barely get notice on my current work, not sure venturing into the B-24 will change that, especially considering G has that airframe well in hand as it is.

I'm also knee-deep in my templates for the NMF P-38J and L.   I see rivet lines in my sleep!  :O
”KILLER V”

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
I can skin that for you Vraciu. The only slight issue with the AH B-24J shape is with the shark mouth, the teeth below the front of the turret will be missing due to texture stretching at that point.

Incidentally to those saying "Why don't you do it?" to Vraciu, it's not as simple as that. For each different AH aircraft a template must be made, which means doing all the panel lines, rivets, weathering, lighting files and so on. This is a lot of work, a month or so for me and I am faster than most. Once the template is made though additional skins on that template are usually only a few hours work each. As the only current skinner with a B-24J template I can do this way faster than anyone else could.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Volron peri much sums it up.  Also, I barely get notice on my current work, not sure venturing into the B-24 will change that, especially considering G has that airframe well in hand as it is.

I'm also knee-deep in my templates for the NMF P-38J and L.   I see rivet lines in my sleep!  :O

I had a solid feeling that the templates would be a main issue, on top of the other stuff ye be working on. :aok

You skinners got the patience of a saint, my brain melted when I seen the templates ye all posted.  :blank:
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Thanks, G.   Thanks,  V. 

I used to be a lot faster at making templates as I had more time to do it,  but I still took way longer than a month.   Wow.
”KILLER V”

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
”KILLER V”