Author Topic: AH Runs Fast  (Read 791 times)

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
AH Runs Fast
« on: May 30, 2023, 05:07:12 PM »
I recently installed a new HDD. I backed up all my data, and re-imaged the system after the install, and now AH runs at least twice the speed it should, but only online; NOT IN OFFLINE PRACTICE. I deleted the game from my computer and re-installed it after d/l from the AH web site. Still runs fast online. Here is some of my system info:

OS Name   Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version   6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description    Not Available
OS Manufacturer   Microsoft Corporation
System Name   TONY-PC
System Manufacturer   System manufacturer
System Model   System Product Name
System Type   x64-based PC
Processor   AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 640 Processor, 3013 Mhz, 3 Core(s), 3 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date   American Megatrends Inc. 0501, 8/3/2010
SMBIOS Version   2.5
Windows Directory   C:\Windows
System Directory   C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device   \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale   United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer   Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name   Tony-PC\Tony
Time Zone   Central Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)   4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory   4.00 GB
Available Physical Memory   1.59 GB
Total Virtual Memory   8.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory   4.49 GB
Page File Space   4.00 GB
Page File   C:\pagefile.sys

BHDrvx64   ROOT\LEGACY_BHDRVX64\0000   This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.

Symantec Iron Driver   ROOT\LEGACY_SYMIRON\0000   This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.

Symantec Network Security WFP Driver   ROOT\LEGACY_SYMNETS\0000   This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 05:33:55 PM by nooby52 »

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: AH Runs Fast
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2023, 01:28:45 AM »
The system info you've provided doesn't tell much other than that there's not too much RAM in your system. A DxDiag output as an attachment would tell much more.

What exactly do you mean by saying "I re-imaged my system after the install"? Factory reset for a <Brand name> computer? That would explain the "not present or not working properly" Symantec virtual devices (read Norton Antivirus).

Anyhow, there seems to be quite some hassle in your Device Manager which may indicate missing motherboard drivers and/or missing Windows updates.

Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2023, 07:40:27 AM »
Bizman, I am very thankful you are  on this forum. Your expertise with PC's is a lifeline for many of us, and an PC education for those of us that read most of the threads on this forum.  :salute
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2023, 01:12:29 PM »
If you happen to be referring to the clock in the tower, online arena runs fast, maybe 2x.

Offline practice arena runs same speed as clock on your wall.
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2023, 02:17:44 PM »
Guys, thanks for your replies. At first, not only was the clock moving very fast (maybe 10 seconds per revolution  for the second hand), but when I hopped aboard my ac I couldn't even taxi, the controls were so sensitive it was impossible not to "over-steer". But then I calibrated my controls and that took care of that problem. The second hand of the clock in my control tower now takes 15 seconds to complete a revolution. That sounds "normal", based on Drane's reply. I guess new equipment doesn't want to play well with Windows 7 anymore. I'll be shopping around for a new system pretty soon, I guess. I ran DxDiag per Bizman's suggestion. How much of it should I post, just in case anyone's interested in seeing it? It's kinda lengthy.

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2023, 04:26:14 PM »
Windows 7 ?? Get windows 10. Some have had problems with 11.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2023, 01:32:26 AM »
I ran DxDiag per Bizman's suggestion. How much of it should I post, just in case anyone's interested in seeing it? It's kinda lengthy.
The first third should suffice, however it's just a .txt file which isn't too large to upload.

Don't put it into the text field, instead use the +Attachments and other options  link below the Post reply text field!

I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2023, 06:52:45 AM »
Windows 7 ?? Get windows 10. Some have had problems with 11.

Windows 7 works perfectly fine. No reason to upgrade because microsoft tells you to
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2023, 11:15:59 AM »
Windows 11pro runs great on all my machines.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2023, 02:16:46 PM »

I have Win11 Home on my new PC, and I had had zero issues thus far.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2023, 07:58:34 AM »
Bizman, I am very thankful you are  on this forum. Your expertise with PC's is a lifeline for many of us, and an PC education for those of us that read most of the threads on this forum.  :salute

Can't tell you how true this statement is. Bizman has helped me out countless times. A true asset to the community. Thank you Biz!  :salute

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2023, 06:02:42 PM »
Can't tell you how true this statement is. Bizman has helped me out countless times. A true asset to the community. Thank you Biz!  :salute

I believe most, if not all, would agree. I certainly do.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2023, 02:23:23 PM »

really?  I've been a bit reticent about installing it even though I've got the free upgrade option.  Is there a way to shut off stuff you don't want running in the background like my beloved and now deceased XP?
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2023, 10:58:04 AM »
really?  I've been a bit reticent about installing it even though I've got the free upgrade option.  Is there a way to shut off stuff you don't want running in the background like my beloved and now deceased XP?
You can do it manually the same way as always, through the task manager. And of course before that uninstall every app you don't need. And go through the settings to shut down any background activity. And... The same as with every Windows version before 11.

Kotisivuni