Author Topic: Your best kill ever  (Read 892 times)

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Re: Your best kill ever
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2023, 12:01:03 AM »
Well in my old feeble mind there are too many to remember from low those many years ago...well except for this one time in a 1v12 as a Knight against the Bishbabies over a port area. I was way out ahead of a group of 5-6 Knights and got jumped because I was drinking and talking on comms without paying attention to anything other than the rapidly dwindling supply of whisky in the glass. I heard the BB pings from this Zero that was leading the goat herd out to kill me. That snapped me out of my starting to get drunk and fly state. I banked right and he banked left and we ended up head on at the merge and I pulled the trigger and down he went. Then there were so many red icons around me it took all I could do just to get out of dodge...I crash landed about 2 squares away from my base and exploded on stopping and then died but not before that damn Zero got smoked.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
Re: Your best kill ever
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2023, 10:39:22 PM »
I remember being pretty new to the game and I was chasing a con. I checked my six and a pony was closing on me fast and was almost into firing range. I cut throttle and pulled hard into a climb as he passed beneath me. I pulled the trigger and sure enough he came climbing up from under my nose just as my tracers got there.  BOOM!
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME