Author Topic: Thank You...  (Read 1431 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: Thank You...
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2023, 07:05:05 PM »
Hey Josh,good to hear you’re coming back,how’s the teaching going?

<S>

Just completed year #9! Time sure does fly by! Hope to see you in the TA sometime!
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2023, 04:01:39 PM »
We're getting old  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Mak333

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2023, 04:09:10 PM »
 :aok :salute
Mak

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2023, 02:31:50 PM »
Josh you Squeaker !!

Offline ZE

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2023, 11:55:09 AM »
Welcome Back
<S>

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2023, 09:06:41 PM »
It feels really good to be flying again. The rust is slowly coming off. I keep throwing myself at as many targets as possible, so I’m dying…a lot  :rofl.

I’ve noticed fights are hit or miss. They tend to die out a lot faster than they used to, but with lower player count that’s understandable.

My frustration may show at times, but I genuinely do enjoy being back. I think I’m expecting something I’m never going to get, but I’ll make fun however I can.  :rock :rock

<S>

Josh
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2023, 08:32:23 AM »
Squeak squeak Squeak.....  :rock :rock

<S>

Josh

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2023, 10:35:04 AM »
It feels really good to be flying again. The rust is slowly coming off. I keep throwing myself at as many targets as possible, so I’m dying…a lot  :rofl.

I’ve noticed fights are hit or miss. They tend to die out a lot faster than they used to, but with lower player count that’s understandable.

My frustration may show at times, but I genuinely do enjoy being back. I think I’m expecting something I’m never going to get, but I’ll make fun however I can.  :rock :rock

<S>

Josh

IMO, the game is a bit more challenging than it used to be. I think it makes it very tough on older players returning, expecting not to have to be as patient as you do today. Nowadays you have more pilots in easy fast late war planes who don't really understand ACM, so they use it as a crutch. With less players in slower planes to shoot, it can make it frustrating, especially when a squad is using those tactics in #s.

The goal for you and returning players I'd encourage is. To practice and get better at defense ACM and overshoot kills. This will help your game tremendously. Do some 1 v 1s in the match play and don't be scared. I know you aren't, but for other players as well. This skill very much helps me in the MA to be more successful and escape the combat area for another run.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2023, 12:22:29 PM »
IMO, the game is a bit more challenging than it used to be. I think it makes it very tough on older players returning, expecting not to have to be as patient as you do today. Nowadays you have more pilots in easy fast late war planes who don't really understand ACM, so they use it as a crutch. With less players in slower planes to shoot, it can make it frustrating, especially when a squad is using those tactics in #s.

The goal for you and returning players I'd encourage is. To practice and get better at defense ACM and overshoot kills. This will help your game tremendously. Do some 1 v 1s in the match play and don't be scared. I know you aren't, but for other players as well. This skill very much helps me in the MA to be more successful and escape the combat area for another run.

This is about the most accurate explanation. That’s always been my fighting style anyway. Low and slow and sucker in the high ones.

I love you, too, Britty
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2023, 10:59:36 AM »

Hogwash. It's not more challenging than it used to be.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2023, 11:11:14 AM »
Hogwash. It's not more challenging than it used to be.

The only thing that makes things more challenging is the lack of fights. With 100 players in the arena you have 30% in vehicles, 10% in bombers, and the rest in fighters. Of those in fighters you have to split them to three fronts which is why more often than not one team doesn't get any fights because the other two are fighting each other on one front. On top of that half of them are in yaks!

Old guys returning pop in hoping for the target rich skies we use to have and are sorely disappointed.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2023, 04:48:16 PM »
I still find it difficult to fly through trees..... any pointers?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2023, 06:11:21 PM »
shuffler....duck!

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2023, 08:58:56 PM »
Chainsaw?????
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2023, 09:20:21 PM »

Eliminate the squirrels with cameras…
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||