Author Topic: Accusations Overload  (Read 2854 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Accusations Overload
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2023, 05:01:20 AM »
No one is good enough to be Hacking. I think it would be highly noticeable with hit % and E retention aka weightloss, bit no one is good enough there. People who have cheated were banned pretty quickly because it is clearly obvious to someone who has played at a top level for a while.

I can see people getting angry in tanks, when they insta blow up out of no where. I don't play tanks for that reason. It takes too much time to drive to a base and get popped instantly for me. Not my thing. However people who are more advanced in tanks can explain it if they know what both players are in.

I dislike the new dar TBH. I don't understand why Hitech never tried just increasing the amount of damage it takes on radar, as it was always the first thing people easily gunned down, causing th3 issue. He only tried th3 new way and gave us a choice on that, which of course everyone chose at the time without really understanding how it would effect gameplay. I'd have liked to see what would happen if it took 3k pounds to take out a radar, but we never got to try that, for some reason...
"I dislike the new dar TBH", as in the Bomber and Fighter icons..instead of just a Dot..or however it was in AH2?  Yes, radar seems to be a main target. Sure, is funny to see how many auger, trying to kill it LOL  Radar down, has ZERO effect for me...could care less.  Are you talking about the "Proximity Radar" we have now?  Cant remember if that is an AH3 thing or a carry over from AH2?  I do dislike that landed C-47 shows up on "Proximity Radar", makes it harder to take bases, that dont have GV spawns very close, or at all?  Eh, its a 2 edged sword....more GVs I get to bomb and frustrating base takes  :devil
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2023, 03:01:34 AM »
sorry about the dar, I claim credit for that wishlist.  I wanted targets in icon range of friendlies to show on radar to simulate the pilot calling in locations to HQ.  I hate using vox so its a way to communicate enemies locations without having to talk.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2023, 10:53:09 AM »
sorry about the dar, I claim credit for that wishlist.  I wanted targets in icon range of friendlies to show on radar to simulate the pilot calling in locations to HQ.  I hate using vox so its a way to communicate enemies locations without having to talk.
A more accurate version would be to manually type a code into the dot command that reports a tab highlighted aircraft to HQ thus activating a timer and revealing an icon on the map for a certain amount of time before returning as a dot on the map. Same would go for a gv that would give off a gv dar on the map.
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2023, 12:31:42 PM »
"I dislike the new dar TBH", as in the Bomber and Fighter icons..instead of just a Dot..or however it was in AH2?  Yes, radar seems to be a main target. Sure, is funny to see how many auger, trying to kill it LOL  Radar down, has ZERO effect for me...could care less.  Are you talking about the "Proximity Radar" we have now?  Cant remember if that is an AH3 thing or a carry over from AH2?  I do dislike that landed C-47 shows up on "Proximity Radar", makes it harder to take bases, that dont have GV spawns very close, or at all?  Eh, its a 2 edged sword....more GVs I get to bomb and frustrating base takes  :devil

Yeah, the proximity dar even outside of radar range, just because it makes it easy for planes to be-line it right to you and help gang, making it harder for you to escape the fight. I do actually like that it shows the plane and bomber icon. Even though I'm sure bombers hate it. But it can make a difference for me if I want to roll or not. I didn't particularly like the old dar because it was too easy to take down in base range, and therfore made it seem like nothing was happening in the area, and new players didn't understand dar very well. I had just wished that the dar was harder to take down. The dar now does take away from the stealthy aspect of coming out of no where, which turned players off, though it doesn't effect me that much personally.

I do understand what Haggery was thinking, however how far does radio range travel 6k-7k, so it shouldn't be able to radio to the home field if it's more than 7k from the base, IMO.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Logan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2023, 05:23:14 PM »
You mean like a Ki-84 flying a full sector on fire? that wasn't that long ago
Yeah lol that was Ahiru ,he had a  reputation I heard about when I first joined the game in 2019 his KI 84 caught my Dora when I was doing over 500 mph  out of a dive and when he was in level flight

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2023, 03:01:49 AM »
I do understand what Haggery was thinking, however how far does radio range travel 6k-7k, so it shouldn't be able to radio to the home field if it's more than 7k from the base, IMO.

50km for German fighters, not sure about US/UK, etc.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2023, 07:17:10 AM »
These servers are controlled. It is easy to film anything suspicious, send it in. The AH film has a lot more info in it than just what you see.

Someone did send it in, and the person was banned
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2023, 08:03:24 AM »
I sucked way too much to ever get accused of cheating.  And I'll suck just as much in a couple of weeks.  But I'm still going to have fun
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2023, 11:33:45 AM »
The only things I ever thought were cheating is those darn trees.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2023, 12:56:41 PM »

So true! They grow 10 feet longer as you fly over just to reach out and snatch it. I seen it I tell you what!
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2023, 03:51:17 PM »

HA!
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2023, 06:15:05 PM »
I've been watching a lot of Vudu15's old video's of AH2 and early AH3, and, the majority of kills he gets are greeted with a "nice shot Sir <S>" or something similar, and looking at the chat during those video's, I don't think a single mention of cheating is ever made, most of the chat is friendly, some bad jokes fly around, and of course, there are some hurt feelings (the HO has never been popular)

It'd be nice if we could aim towards that kind of thing again, I mean hell, most of us have "known" each other for years, and we're members of a fairly exclusive club here, we should try to be civil in chat and save the accusations for shouting out while not on the mic.

<S>

Steely
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2023, 06:22:39 PM »
I remember when you could chat pilots in other counties and we did that a lot. Was mutual respect for everyone.

The world has lost that a bit in recent years.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2023, 10:57:49 PM »
I remember when you could chat pilots in other counties and we did that a lot. Was mutual respect for everyone.

The world has lost that a bit in recent years.
a lot of hate was also shared... and spying too. I do miss the hate messages tho :rofl
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2023, 08:47:49 AM »
I logged on last night for 5 minutes. Unfortunately the only fights at the time were between Bish and Rooks.

The very first text I saw on the buffer in the first 5 seconds contained the word “cheating”.

This has become an epidemic that needs to be dealt with.  Not just talking about it, but actions of punishment. This is very harmful to the game and retaining new players. These players who claim to love the game are chewing their own foot off.

It defeats those trying to draw new or former players.

I know some people are much more tolerant then myself. I know I have zero tolerance for nonsense . But as soon as the word is mentioned every player should hit squelch. Do not give these types a platform to stand on. Responding to them only elongates the false banter. Just squelch them. Your defense is ignored anyway.

The first comment on my first movie tells it all. Its not about older graphics, its about attitudes.

If We/I were to draw 5 players in, this stuff could chase 3-4 away. Best to loose one player for a day then 3-4 forever.

With all very due respect, locking threads helps, but isn’t solving the arena nonsense.

Just hit squelch conspiracy theorist and continue have fun.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP