Author Topic: How to lead your target in AH3......DON'T!!  (Read 2035 times)

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Re: How to lead your target in AH3......DON'T!!
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2023, 09:22:54 PM »
It...has...to...be...seen... on...the Judges FE..THATS where hits or misses are logged on the server...

Why can't anyone understand that fact ?

IT IS A FACT.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2023, 09:33:04 PM »
It...has...to...be...seen... on...the Judges FE..THATS where hits or misses are logged on the server...

Why can't anyone understand that fact ?

IT IS A FACT.

Please don't bring logic into this witch hunt

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2023, 10:08:45 PM »
There are 2 "realities" in each engagement, Player "A's" and Player "B's". They are never exactly the same due to lag. While AHF allows players to see what other players see, in their reality, you will always have to have Player "A's" and Player "B's" film to see the complete picture.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2023, 04:00:07 AM »
Due to the internet, lag and latency, what you see on your screen isn't actually what is happening, you are essentially towing a little target around behind you.

When that towed target gets hit you get hit and depending on the difference in connection between you and your opponent the further ahead he is of what you see and the further behind you are.

Which is why I say, If you see a nose pointing towards you inside 600 yards, he has a gun solution and if you are not doing enough to avoid his nose pointing at you, expect to get hit.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2023, 06:30:38 AM »
This is why you open up aiming slightly high at 1k when you ho in a g2 with gonds

If accurate they go boom before their bullets even reach you

It's what the judge does as his connection seems to accentuate this

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2023, 07:26:02 AM »
Even if fhe hit or miss was logged on TheJudges front end, it doesn't explain a least a 1 second latency on Trogs film. Bascially what you all are saying, is that TheJudge hit Trog before Trog even knew he was hit, and Trog blew up on 1-2 seconds later on his end than when TheJudge actually saw him blow up on his end? What you are saying is that Trogs front end didn't register the shot until 1-2 seconds later when TheJudge was out of shooting range? If this is the case, I am not sure how it's fair gameplay given that someone's front end doesn't register being shot until a second later. It may only be 1-2 seconds, but that one second can put you into a different position if you time things. I'm not saying TheJudge is manipulating this on purpose, but I am saying it doesn't seem fair if you get shot after thinking you weren't shot in a fighting situation. That 1-2 seconds can be very crucial to setting up a reversal. Not sure I have seen film this bad of latency. Could anyone else provide other film examples of this?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 07:30:22 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2023, 08:20:35 AM »
Judge could provide the same film from his pov

The comparison might show something

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2023, 10:52:26 AM »
I think most are missing the point here. If there is a player that is consistently landing fatal hits from angles that appear impossible, something is wrong.

If this was "normal" it would be a very different and completely unplayable game.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2023, 12:23:48 PM »
I think most are missing the point here. If there is a player that is consistently landing fatal hits from angles that appear impossible, something is wrong.

If this was "normal" it would be a very different and completely unplayable game.

Your statement has merit, but you lack proof. At this point it is mere speculation. Your reputation in the game does not help your position either, no disrespect intended.  :lipsrsealed:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2023, 12:59:40 PM »
It is old trick to deliberately increase lag with VPN or something similar. I have some AmCam videos, where pilot using that has tracers of tailgunner coming 2 plane lenghts behind his kite and where attacking fighter is shooting to plain air, bomber being far away from sights.

The difference between AmCam and some external video app is that AmCam shows what happens in game while Xbox and other similar ones record what's visible on screen.

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2023, 02:40:04 PM »
Your statement has merit, but you lack proof. At this point it is mere speculation. Your reputation in the game does not help your position either, no disrespect intended.  :lipsrsealed:

:headscratch: Do tell, what is my "reputation in the game", and what does that have to do with the facts that I posted?

I'm not sure if you got lost in and replied to the wrong thread, but there is nothing speculative about my statement, and in fact the OP, a respected, experienced and analytical player, posted as much proof as one could possibly acquire.

Don't let your unrequited beef distract from the point being made.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2023, 03:50:05 PM »
:headscratch: Do tell, what is my "reputation in the game", and what does that have to do with the facts that I posted?

I'm not sure if you got lost in and replied to the wrong thread, but there is nothing speculative about my statement, and in fact the OP, a respected, experienced and analytical player, posted as much proof as one could possibly acquire.

Don't let your unrequited beef distract from the point being made.
yep I got on the wrong thread lol, sorry about that.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2023, 05:02:16 PM »
:headscratch: Do tell, what is my "reputation in the game",

"Not as highly regarded as Dolby's"   :D    :neener:   
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho