Author Topic: Nascar in Chicago  (Read 3521 times)

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
Re: Nascar in Chicago
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2023, 05:13:45 PM »
Just sad for those fans, so let down. It just didn’t end well.

Anyone with good common sense would have predicted that. Of course, NASCAR abandoned common sense 4 decades ago. And Chicago long before that.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2023, 05:23:44 PM »
Anyone with good common sense would have predicted that. Of course, NASCAR abandoned common sense 4 decades ago. And Chicago long before that.

Boy oh boy, NOW they decide to race at 6:15, lack of communication. I heard the blowers going to dry the track. Xfinity portion canceled
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Animl's Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2023, 05:38:52 PM »
Cars are running,

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2023, 06:26:54 PM »
Pretty cool stuff, not a huge NASCAR fan but road courses are at least interesting.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2023, 08:12:52 PM »
I drive all those roads often., OMW working.

Kinda odd to see the fences and barriers on those roads. But it's not all that odd to see that kind of driving on Lake Shore Drive. It can get nutty on that road. The other 3 roads, during rush hour,... are so clogged you can't go fast enough to hurt anything. One would be wise to up their driving game in the Chicago area. Wrong time of the day is an experience.

In fact, yesterday, at 4:50am on my commute to work, I almost got crushed in the rear by a car doing at least 120. I was only doing 70. he came so fast by the time I saw him his front bumper was about to disappear in my rear view mirror. Had i not pushed 310 hp through the flour and yanked it to the right,.. I'd not be typing this right now. About 1 ft from disaster. THANK GOD FOR FLIGHT SIMS and ACM <nods>. :)

The race is a mixture of misery, history,sad, and proud our union put it together, and the entertainment. I'm going to sleep for a week. It's cute, it's OK to be over. Cya next time around.

I'm working out of the Hilton Chicago, on Michigan Ave (part of the track). That place alone is history.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2023, 08:55:53 PM »
Can't believe that guy won the race. First time in 60 years a driver won in their debut race. One thing to be a great driver, another to have a car that's fast enough. That track was giving those dudes a hell of a time. Glad they got the race in. I bet everyone is so thrilled it's over haha.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2023, 09:09:41 PM »
Can't believe that guy won the race. First time in 60 years a driver won in their debut race. One thing to be a great driver, another to have a car that's fast enough. That track was giving those dudes a hell of a time. Glad they got the race in. I bet everyone is so thrilled it's over haha.

Smooth is fast and he has a lot of experience driving similar cars. Experience won that race. And before you say "how come the older NASCAR drivers didnt fair so well?" Its because they are use to wheeling a car around. It is also why most of them are in line for retirement. They cant adapt to this new piece of crap car.

My favorite part was when they all got bunched up in that one corner. It was like watching the go-kart races at the local tracks LOL! 

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2023, 08:43:54 AM »
That track was not perfectly dry. I would have thought they’d have done a better job with the blowers.

Drivers didn’t spend a lot of time warming up to the track, so I can see where experience came out on top.

That said, I have no idea what I’m talking about in racing, drivers.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2023, 08:52:12 AM »
It is also why most of them are in line for retirement. They cant adapt to this new piece of crap car.
Do you have any sort of proof of this or is it purely conjecture?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2023, 09:01:04 AM »
Turn right/left drivers have replaced turn left only drivers for many years when racing on a 'road circuit'.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2023, 02:19:42 PM »
Do you have any sort of proof of this or is it purely conjecture?

Im just going by the years Ive watched, and the numbers I've seen. Harvick has 2 wins in the Gen7 car over 3 years, 35 wins in the Gen6 over 5 years. Jimmy Johnson cant finish a race in the Gen7 car. It just looks like the guys who could muscle a car around just dont do well in these new cars.

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2023, 03:06:35 PM »
Im just going by the years Ive watched, and the numbers I've seen. Harvick has 2 wins in the Gen7 car over 3 years, 35 wins in the Gen6 over 5 years. Jimmy Johnson cant finish a race in the Gen7 car. It just looks like the guys who could muscle a car around just dont do well in these new cars.

The Gen 7 car has only been in use for a year and a half. It debuted last season. Also, Harvick went winless in 2021, the last year with the Gen 6 car.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2023, 07:27:15 PM »
The Gen 7 car has only been in use for a year and a half. It debuted last season. Also, Harvick went winless in 2021, the last year with the Gen 6 car.

The Gen7 was built to bunch drivers up, or to create close racing by making it bullet proof while also eliminating any hint of creativity from the race teams.  It's a cookie-cutter car void of personality or manufacturer resemblance.             
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2023, 08:27:43 PM »
The Gen7 was built to bunch drivers up, or to create close racing by making it bullet proof while also eliminating any hint of creativity from the race teams.  It's a cookie-cutter car void of personality or manufacturer resemblance.             

Don't kid yourself. The gen 5/6 car was no different. Do you forget the "Car of Tomorrow" back in 2007?
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2023, 08:55:23 PM »
I'm not a big fan of the new body look. Almost looks like a damn hatchback. Though, personally, I don't believe they make much of a difference in the overall outcome of the race, given that the top drivers normally always make it to the top, and some drivers you never hear about and never make the top 10. There is certainly a reason for that if you ask me. Hell, Larson was almost unstoppable heading to the end of the year last year and I felt like he definitely found something that made that car faster over the others. I'm glad there was a change to some extent because I was thinking he was going to start winning too much ha.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion