Author Topic: HQ  (Read 2966 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
HQ
« on: July 02, 2023, 04:07:01 AM »
I don't know about everyone, as to how they felt about Bish HQ being down for a couple hour? At least there wasn't the same "Gnashing of Teeth" as in the past!  Seems that, we which remain just say,"Looky we playing DCS....how hard?" :neener:  It was a shock to a couple of newer guys, but didnt hinder a great evening in Aces High.  I didnt hear a single gripe about it..was odd, but appreciated! If that makes sense? :rock Communication was abundant!   Amid all the "Cheating Accusations", it was a breath of fresh air!  :cheers:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
Re: HQ
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2023, 05:26:20 AM »
When I logged in Bish were pushing semi-deep into Knightland and had 5 fighters over the base I started from. After clearing the airspace I began a push over the next 2hrs that lead to Knights coming within 30 miles of the city.

So I began a strat campaign that started with dropping the city to 35%. In order to prevent a quick resupply run I smashed the troops factory first then disabled troops at the base closest to city and HQ. Downtime was 83 minutes. As soon as the Bishops began making the long flight to resupply HQ I re-upped for the HQ again and dropped it for an additional 30 minutes. Managed a few goon kills as well  :salute

So for 2 hrs during primetime on a Saturday evening Bish HQ was down <S>

I logged after this and took a nap. Woke up 6 hrs later and reset the map about 45 minutes ago. Made sure Knights had a good head start against the bishops to start Black Sea map. I'm exhausted and headed back to bed.  :cheers:
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 05:36:32 AM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2023, 08:11:06 AM »
That was a good strategy and it worked well.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2023, 09:34:12 AM »
.......and saw numbers drop as players just logged off.

I play AH to have fun fighting against other players. If I wanted to play "Microsoft Flight Simulator" in goons I could do that, but I dont because that isnt fun.

I think I lasted about an hour into the second time the HQ was flattened, which was a lot longer than most. Saturday night is the only night I get to play, and if Im not going to get to play, whats the point of sticking around. Its hard enough to find fights with the numbers we have. Why would anyone think this is a good way to play the game?

It just seems to me we had a few selfish players who went out of their way to take away the fun for a third of the players in an already low populated map. The last time they had an issue with the HQ being down all the time player not only logged, they canceled subscriptions. So much so that the coding was changed for HQ down times. Last night was one night I know, but the fix if it continues might be just close the doors considering Hitech health.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2023, 10:59:01 AM »
I wasn't there.  What is the effect of having HQ down?

- oldman

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2023, 11:20:16 AM »

- oldman

No radar of any sort, dot or darbar.  Only flashing bases.  I'm not telling anyone how to play their game, but not fun for fighter jocks.

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2023, 11:23:07 AM »
.......and saw numbers drop as players just logged off.

I play AH to have fun fighting against other players. If I wanted to play "Microsoft Flight Simulator" in goons I could do that, but I dont because that isnt fun.

I think I lasted about an hour into the second time the HQ was flattened, which was a lot longer than most. Saturday night is the only night I get to play, and if Im not going to get to play, whats the point of sticking around. Its hard enough to find fights with the numbers we have. Why would anyone think this is a good way to play the game?

It just seems to me we had a few selfish players who went out of their way to take away the fun for a third of the players in an already low populated map. The last time they had an issue with the HQ being down all the time player not only logged, they canceled subscriptions. So much so that the coding was changed for HQ down times. Last night was one night I know, but the fix if it continues might be just close the doors considering Hitech health.
That is absolute BS.

Bishops did not have a numbers drop at all. In fact they retained the highest number of players through the 2nd HQ attack (+50 players versus knights under 30 and rooks under 40)

I do thank you for letting me know how much of an impact I had against you guys last night. That was the goal. Not gonna save the bases yall we're going to horde so I executed the nuke.

Fugitive, you are a liar and will do whatever it takes to have the game played your way LOL. Not only are you an "average" stick after so many years, you continue to try and influence perception through deceit and scare tactics. YOU have absolutely no idea what is happening in this game beyond what you chose to see from 1 country, with 1 squad, 1 night a week. Your post is the perfect example of the Bishops attitude these days. If you don't have it your way you throw a fit and log. You think no map sucks try playing against 20-30 red every sortie.

That's right I absolutely wrecked your ability to navigate the map at ease. For an entire tour the Bishops dominated the numbers game 2 sometimes 3 to 1 during primetime. When I dropped the HQ for the second time Knights had 25 players logged in from 8 to 9pm while bishops had 53. I took 2 hours to put myself in that position taking defended bases, 1 hour of strat prep, and an hour and a half to complete the HQ campaign. It doesn't just happen easily. It takes work, dedication, and shear will to get what happened done.

Bishops running 20-40 players into one base versus 10-15 defenders initially then dwindling over time..... that's rough. I countered that strategically and yall still horded for 3 hours. What I did, what I do on a regular basis is control the flow of the map to help my team win a war and I'm the best player at it.  :neener:

It was the Knights that saw the players drop when they were horded by the bish which is why yall had +13 ENY for almost 2 hrs. That's what's killing the action.

I am at war with the Bishops for their in-game behavior, their toxic attitude, and their hording. If you don't want to lose the ability to read the map I suggest logging in and playing the map instead of treating this game like its solely a combat flight simulator.

Let's not talk about the resupply base magically having the Barracks bunkers pop after immediately re-dropping them after the 2nd HQ attack that would have prevented the HQ from being resupped. I was there. It wasn't resupped I was preventing that. There is only one way that happens. Would have taken 8 boxes.... :x :aok :rofl
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 11:53:11 AM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2023, 11:23:39 AM »
first you lose base dar dots, then sector counters, then proximity map dots.   

Basically, you lose overwatch capabilities compared to porking radar factory which only affects bases dot dars (but not sector counter or [proximity map dots.)

- oldman
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2023, 11:47:39 AM »
but not fun for fighter jocks.
Think I'll continue to hang out in Match Play.. none of the above nonsense to deal with there.
"See, decide, attack, reverse." - Erich Hartmann

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2023, 12:10:08 PM »
That is absolute BS.

Bishops did not have a numbers drop at all. In fact they retained the highest number of players through the 2nd HQ attack (+50 players versus knights under 30 and rooks under 40)

Fugitive, you are a liar and will do whatever it takes to have the game played your way LOL. Not only are you an "average" stick after so many years, you continue to try and influence perception through deceit and scare tactics. YOU have absolutely no idea what is happening in this game beyond what you chose to see from 1 country, with 1 squad.

That's right I absolutely wrecked your ability to navigate the map at ease. For an entire tour the Bishops dominated the numbers game 2 sometimes 3 to 1. When I dropped the HQ for the second time Knights had 25 players logged in from 8 to 9pm while bishops had 53. I took 2 hours to put myself in that position taking defended bases, 1 hour of strat prep, and an hour and a half to complete the HQ campaign. It doesn't just happen easily. It takes work, dedication, and shear will to get what happened done.

Bishops running 20-40 players into one base versus 10-15 defenders initially then dwindling over time..... that's rough. I countered that strategically and yall still horded for 3 hours. What I did, what I do on a regular basis is control the flow of the map to help my team win a war and I'm the best player at it.  :neener:

It was the Knights that saw the players drop when Bish were horded by the bish which is why yall had +13 ENY for almost 2 hrs. That's what's killing the action.

I am at war with the Bishops for their in-game behavior, their toxic attitude, and their holding. If you don't want to lose the ability to read the map I suggest logging in and playing the map instead of treating this game like its solely a combat flight simulator.

Let's not talk about the resupply base magically having the Barracks bunkers pop after immediately re-dropping them after the 2nd HQ attack that would have prevented the HQ from being resupped. I was there. It wasn't resupped I was preventing that. There is only one way that happens. Would have taken 8 boxes.... :x :aok :rofl

First, this is my one and only reply to you in this thread, so take it for what it is worth.

I know almost half of my squad logged, all fighter guys. Those that like to GV continued, but do you really need radar for a GV? nope, they still have their proximity dar box.

Between 8 and 1130 est I saw the Bish numbers "in air" in the 30s, in the tower, sure it may have hit 50, but we always have a bunch of tower sitters.

Why shouldnt I be able to play the way I want? After all, you do, fairs fair. All I want to do is pit my "average" skills against other players of like mind and have some fun. At least my fun doesnt destroy the fun of a third of the players in the game at the time of your antics.

Thats the difference between you and most of the other players of this game, you are "at war with the Bishops for their in-game behavior, their toxic attitude, and their holding" , while the rest of us are PLAYING war. To us its a game where we come to have some fun, and a challange against other players. To you it seems to be "real life" and you take how the bish play personally.

I think that may be why you have so many "haters" in the game. Your fun seems to out weigh everyone elses fun. Id bet if you ever flew fighters that youd be the 3rd, 4th, 5th guy in on a 2 vs 1 just to steal the kill. Heaven forbid any one else have fun in the game.

My post was my thoughts as to why I thought the HQ being trashed a number of times was not good for game play with the lower numbers we have these days. Players should work to play in a way that encourages other players to play, not to chase them away.

I have been here a long time and have seen many game play changes that have chased away many players. How many more players can we afford to chase away?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2023, 12:14:09 PM »
Think I'll continue to hang out in Match Play.. none of the above nonsense to deal with there.

nrshida tried that, just not enough fights for him. He came back to the MA for awhile and started making videos and posting to youtube. But then his time zone got too quite in the arenas and he hung them up again. I was really looking forward to his videos, could learn a lot more watching them than getting killed by him   :D

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2023, 12:17:50 PM »
Players should work to play in a way that encourages other players to play, not to chase them away.

:rofl :x

I have heard it all now.

Like I said earlier I do appreciate letting me know that my strategy to win that map last night worked.

Take you own advice and counter bish hording which is the #1 action killer in this game against weaker opponents. That will never change and so I will continue to dominate in whatever way that I can to help my team win the war. I'm not here to encourage the Bishops. I am here to shoot them down, take their bases, and dominate them in whatever ways possible for their toxic behavior.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 12:22:08 PM by mERv »

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2023, 12:23:17 PM »
Has anyone considered defending their HQ?  That might work.

Sounds like Merv did exactly what HT intended.   Do you think HT didn't intend for HQ to work that way?  He coded it that way for a reason.  he intended for HQ to be attacked (and probably intended it to be defended).  If you ignore an inbound HQ attack, then you can lose your dar.  Functions as designed.

Sounds like some just prefer Air-Quake.  HT really needs to just put back the mosh pit Furball Lake arena rather than changing the Melee into that.

Merv doesn't have a toxic attitude just because he is playing the game exactly the way HT intended.  He might for other reasons though. ;)  The whole multiple account thing is a little creepy.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 12:27:14 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2023, 12:24:12 PM »
nrshida tried that, just not enough fights for him. He came back to the MA for awhile and started making videos and posting to youtube. But then his time zone got too quite in the arenas and he hung them up again. I was really looking forward to his videos, could learn a lot more watching them than getting killed by him   :D

Amazing fight ANY time I run into Shida, but youre right sadly. We always had time zone issues. That said - I've been hanging out in there for about a week or so, and can usually get some amazing fights at one point or another. Seem to be seeing some regulars everyday. Stop by anytime to anybody in here :)  :rock :salute
"See, decide, attack, reverse." - Erich Hartmann

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2023, 12:54:40 PM »
This is the most AH complaint ever!

It take 5 minutes for 3-4 people to resup an HQ.

Maybe instead of flying around squeaking about not being able to find flights, go be a team player and resup your stuff.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!