Author Topic: 45% of rook bases left and both nit and bish still double team them?  (Read 1078 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Last night was just ridiculous on Oceania map. Knits had 38% and bish had 22% of rook bases while neither side attacks each other... I tried to fly to a bish base to stir up some action and only one guy rolls.

I just dont get it...

There has got to be more incentive to attack the other side. This gang on one country thing until they have 4 bases left on a huge freaking map is really not good.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Last night was just ridiculous on Oceania map. Knits had 38% and bish had 22% of rook bases while neither side attacks each other... I tried to fly to a bish base to stir up some action and only one guy rolls.

I just dont get it...

There has got to be more incentive to attack the other side. This gang on one country thing until they have 4 bases left on a huge freaking map is really not good.

Seems to me the easiest solution is smaller maps.    Action easier to see on the map, player numbers don't support large maps.. etc..

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Wasn’t happening when I was on from about 8-11P est? Rooks were squeezed but we were not being attacked by Bish. The Bish were focused on the Knights mostly the whole time and we were actually doubling up the Knights attacking them on our east side. I few people took a Bish base early on but that was it. A couple Bish pilots were mixing it up with us too but just for the dogfights not taking anything.

It wasn’t until i was logging off Bish started attacking us because they only needed one base of ours. They had 15% of ours the whole time I was on. 

We actually had some good fights over those two Knight bases. 
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 11:24:16 AM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Had to log about 7:30ish. Apparently things must have changed then. Typical. But still ridiculous.

Seems to me the easiest solution is smaller maps.    Action easier to see on the map, player numbers don't support large maps.. etc..

Would help greatly with the current #s. These huge maps don't build battles except evening time, which is what most people want. Horrible for off hours. 
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Maybe… I’m sure there’s a balance.

Small maps like buzzsaw make me log off… Buzzsaw in general lol.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member

Well Buzzsaw is a horrible base layout. Wouldn't consider it with the rest of the small maps. Should go aswell.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member

That map should either be burned and buried or at least taken out of the rotation. 

Offline BigR

• Silver Member

I just dont get it...

As a rook, the last few times ive logged on there have been 0 actual fights. Last night I was on for a about a half hour. On the Knit front as far as i could tell, Only Kermit was engaging while the Rooks attacked multiple bases. On the Bish front, literally nothing was happening. There were 115 or so people on when I logged on and numbers were pretty even for a change. With that many people you would expect to see some kind of action without having to horde or change countries, but no. I also flew to a Bish base to see if anyone would up. 2 GVs upped. 

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member

THIS^^^

It's the reason I quit ten+ years ago. It's like HiTech & Co. hate for us to have fun. Irrational love of huge maps entirely disproportionate to the player population is not good for the game, as is evidenced by the crashing player count since.

500 players online? HUGE maps are ok....
100 players online? HUGE maps are straight up fun killers.

Prove me wrong, I dare you!

PS. I'm not coming back, I just check back in occasionally, holding the faint hope stubborn
 HiTech admits he was wrong and all the HUGE maps go where they belong, a trash bin. If that day ever comes, I'll re-subscribe along with all my peeps from back in the day.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 03:21:40 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
I have a solution to this action! When a country goes below 50% an immediate cease fire or truce is called . No points awarded! It would require just a little thought here. We have over 20% fields and don't want to miss getting perk points.
Nits had 38% :x Rook fields and still fought Rooks!
        :banana: :cheers: :banana:
AkCaine

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
I have a solution to this action! When a country goes below 50% an immediate cease fire or truce is called . No points awarded! It would require just a little thought here. We have over 20% fields and don't want to miss getting perk points.
Nits had 38% :x Rook fields and still fought Rooks!
        :banana: :cheers: :banana:

Some of us only need perk points for coffee.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
THIS^^^

It's the reason I quit ten+ years ago. It's like HiTech & Co. hate for us to have fun. Irrational love of huge maps entirely disproportionate to the player population is not good for the game, as is evidenced by the crashing player count since.

PS. I'm not coming back, I just check back in occasionally, holding the faint hope stubborn
 HiTech admits he was wrong and all the HUGE maps go where they belong, a trash bin. If that day ever comes, I'll re-subscribe along with all my peeps from back in the day.

Variety is the spice of life.
There are maps I love, tolerate, and hate, but none of them make me log off in disgust. There is always something interesting to do; and you can create something interesting if you are willing to be at disadvantage, almost always.
The "anti big map" people are looking for greater probabilities of finding action on their terms. Some of those players like things concentrated so they can dominate having alt. Not my personal idea of fun.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Even on smaller maps, there is a tendency for two sides to attack one.  This AM the numbers were 12 v 4 v 4.  Was it 12 against 8?  No, it was 16 against 4 (actually 16 against 3, since I was there just to check the map).

I've suggested modifying the downtimes according to side numbers to encourage attacks on the most populated side, but that would require a programming effort.  And, as pointed out in a different thread, any change at this point is going to upset somebody, and risk losing players. 
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
THIS^^^

Holy crap! A Zazen sighting!  :rock

I'm totally with you. During the off hours the maps are so slow and very little action to find. The bomber you see on the map is 35k. It's not even worth it to roll if you want some fighter action.

What MolyB doesn't understand is that very few people A. Know how to create action, B. Want to be disadvantaged. C. Want to fly alone to a base to shoot ack, D. Want to fly bombers for an hour and go land.

Most people want fighter action and big battles. It's why stupid war Thunder got so popular. Kids these days just don't have the patience to fly to a base with no action. They don't want to play a game with no action, and most just get bored in AH during off hours or can't find action and log, like me generally on the afternoon weekends. It's the big fights that keep players on late into the night. On BowlMA for example, no fight at night really helps players log earlier, especially for the side with no action.

I just dont understand why it's so hard to understand. On top of that, you have now teams that are ganging one side to 45% rather than fight each other on the other side and its just unfortunate that player direction is going this way.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
THIS^^^

The majority of the old booming population paid 14.95, hell even 29.95 for the adrenaline packed fights.  Those the prime days of the game were mostly on smaller maps too when you think about it.  The larger maps were nice with those numbers, as you could get multiple 30 vs 30 type fights over different bases, spread through the whole map.

Now those same maps literally are spreading things so thin, it's really hard to generate something all those people used to pay for. 

Let's be honest, competition cut into the player base numbers, but keeping some of these maps is just driving the knife deeper into the wound.

I've been here over 20 years and enjoy the game still to this day.  I don't mind flying into crappy odds and seeing how long I can survive.  I spent a LARGE amount of time in my teenage years getting pretty competitive at times, so it holds a special place in my heart.  But 90% of the time, the P2P interaction and combat just isn't there anymore.  That is what people pay for.

Hitech has stuff going on, and this isn't me trying to tell him how to run his business.  It's just an observation from someone who has been here from the start to current. 

I would love to see it thrive again, but without some changes to game mechanics and subscription model, it just isn't going to happen.  I'll still be here either way, for the reasons mentioned earlier.