Author Topic: De-rusting using ACME Eagler-compound®  (Read 1068 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
De-rusting using ACME Eagler-compound®
« on: July 23, 2023, 02:17:17 PM »
Despite an end-of-life Microsoft Sidewinder and months of rust, ran into Eagler in the MPA and had tremendous fun. Remembered what this game used to be about,

:salute Eagler
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: De-rusting using ACME Eagler-compound®
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2023, 06:34:35 PM »
Howdy nrshida

Great fights!

I am amazed the h2h AH jewel is open to the public

Hope to run into you there again soon

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2023, 07:10:03 PM »
I'm glad you're back. I'm self-relegated to bomber duty.  :old:

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2023, 07:14:36 PM »

Corsairs carry bombs...  :aok
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2023, 07:19:26 PM »
Corsairs carry bombs...  :aok

True ... but I'll be a 1a decoy on squad night.  :cool:

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2023, 01:37:39 AM »

For a few weeks when there was no one to fight in the MA I experimented with Level Toss-Bombing. Quite a challenging and rewarding art form! The ack can't touch you. Lateral aim was fine but the distance hard to judge and I stopped before developing a system. <Shrug>

I am amazed the h2h AH jewel is open to the public

Yes it seems to have been forgotten that the Duelling Arena was a paid arena!

Haven't duelled the Ki-84 in a very long time. Lots of favourite manoeuvres just not there anymore  :mad:  Felt like I was boxing on Pregabalin. Anyone wants to beat me up for all the things I've said and believe, now's your chance before I clear my head   :rofl
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2023, 08:21:07 AM »
It might be why only 1v1 works now

If it became a popular 4x4 or more, I  would not have to suffer MA looking for the fights I subscribe for

:cheers:

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2023, 11:11:30 AM »
The Force is a dying way in Aces High. There aren't many who care to learn or understand it anymore. Easy pick in easy super late war plane takes a lot less effort.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2023, 11:42:32 AM »
Its interesting. 90% of my sorties are in a brewster. The planes I meet in battle are spit 16s and 190s. 51s rarely want to play. Lose alot. BUT killing a spit 16 is just so sweet...
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2023, 12:09:39 PM »
The Force is a dying way in Aces High. There aren't many who care to learn or understand it anymore. Easy pick in easy super late war plane takes a lot less effort.

There isn't the environment to learn it anymore  :frown:
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2023, 12:13:38 PM »
Most on the MA can't fly. That is why it has become the boring 51, 190, 16....  ect.

Bring back MW.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2023, 03:27:16 PM »
Its interesting. 90% of my sorties are in a brewster. The planes I meet in battle are spit 16s and 190s. 51s rarely want to play. Lose alot. BUT killing a spit 16 is just so sweet...

Maybe you would get some more attention other than pickers if you chose a different ride.  The Uber Brewster isn't going to get you much for commitment from enemy unless it's another Brewster, ki43, or a6m.  It's basically a helicopter that will best 99% of the plane set in a drag out low speed fight. 

I'll take 1 or 2 turns with a Brewster in something like a 38 or 51, and sticking around longer than that is suicide.

Fm2, 109f4, spit9, and similar planes that can turn well, just not helicopters, will probably boost the amount someone decides to engage you and stick with it.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2023, 04:43:11 PM »
Maybe you would get some more attention other than pickers if you chose a different ride.  The Uber Brewster isn't going to get you much for commitment from enemy unless it's another Brewster, ki43, or a6m.  It's basically a helicopter that will best 99% of the plane set in a drag out low speed fight. 

I'll take 1 or 2 turns with a Brewster in something like a 38 or 51, and sticking around longer than that is suicide.

Fm2, 109f4, spit9, and similar planes that can turn well, just not helicopters, will probably boost the amount someone decides to engage you and stick with it.

Gonna have to agree with Lazer on this. Those Super Brews are too tough for most planes to fight after a couple of turns and their climb ability ain't nothing to mess with. Using less turns birds as turn fighters is the way to reel them in because they won't expect it.

Most on the MA can't fly. That is why it has become the boring 51, 190, 16....  ect.

Bring back MW.

I do agree, these planes are too much in abundance and it causes a chain reaction of more flying them. Having vets rack up over 9k kills last tour alone just in these 3 fighters is having an impact.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2023, 06:44:38 PM »
Why is nobody talking about ally he Yaks and LAs everywhere! Lol
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2023, 08:22:38 PM »
Why is nobody talking about ally he Yaks and LAs everywhere! Lol

What's even worse, is that the Temp last tour got only 100 less kills than the La7 at #5 top fighter, with the #1 K/D in the game...6. Wayyy too many taking the easy route.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 08:25:12 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-