Author Topic: My HP desktop is stuck!  (Read 321 times)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
My HP desktop is stuck!
« on: July 27, 2023, 10:29:17 AM »
I am always using Ebay and any other site that much like this BB where I have to click forward and reverse to grab certain items from each page.
I am having A HORRIBLE DRIVE ME CRAZY problem since I started using Windows 11 where every time I click on the forwards or reverse buttons and even a link thats on either the BB or any page that would be on the Ebay website it will open a new page!!! I can't find any one single repair for this problem!

God willing one of you guys have had this same issue and fixed it!?!? So please HELP ME! :bhead

<S>!
Morph
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: My HP desktop is stuck!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2023, 03:28:20 PM »
mine just started going really slow after the last  update.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2023, 01:12:05 AM »
mine just started going really slow after the last  update.

semp
If the update is the culprit, simply roll back. I know there's a way to find that somewhere in the settings but I usually just push the windows button and R simultaneously and then type "rstrui" (without quotes).

Then again, I've noticed that in the era of SSD Microsoft doesn't bother optimizing the disk usage of their updates. That's clear when you have an older system with an HDD as system disk. A process called "system" uses most of the disk performance after every update - I call it "recreating the index" for non-techies. On an HDD it can take half an hour...
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2023, 03:52:47 AM »
Is your CTRL key stuck down? When you add CTRL to a click it usually opens a new tab on most browsers. See what happens if you hit CTLR when you click, or also try double tapping CTLR to un-stuck it.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2023, 01:12:41 PM »
I am always using Ebay and any other site that much like this BB where I have to click forward and reverse to grab certain items from each page.
I am having A HORRIBLE DRIVE ME CRAZY problem since I started using Windows 11 where every time I click on the forwards or reverse buttons and even a link thats on either the BB or any page that would be on the Ebay website it will open a new page!!! I can't find any one single repair for this problem!

God willing one of you guys have had this same issue and fixed it!?!? So please HELP ME! :bhead

<S>!
Morph

I'm also on Windows 11.  I use FireFox as my browser. 
Check for a setting similar to the one in the following image.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2023, 04:18:12 PM »
If the update is the culprit, simply roll back. I know there's a way to find that somewhere in the settings but I usually just push the windows button and R simultaneously and then type "rstrui" (without quotes).

Then again, I've noticed that in the era of SSD Microsoft doesn't bother optimizing the disk usage of their updates. That's clear when you have an older system with an HDD as system disk. A process called "system" uses most of the disk performance after every update - I call it "recreating the index" for non-techies. On an HDD it can take half an hour...

today it just started working normally.  it went from 10-20 seconds to load tabs to instantly.  god knows what happened.

but thanks.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.