Author Topic: SHOW me another game..!  (Read 6569 times)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
SHOW me another game..!
« on: September 19, 2023, 07:00:49 PM »
Show me anohter game such as this one that I've been playing for the past 20 years! (YIKES) dam I feel old saying that!

Show me another game that is similar to this one Aces High where I've made over the years some  very good personal friends!... I'll start off with gettiing to know Mars01! This man showed me how it was to really fly an airplane and actually teaching me to fly his true to life Pitts where it became day after day of him beating me to hell and back in his Pitts and showing me what 4-5g's really feels like in real life... I haven't had any similar experience in any online game and gained real life friends to where I would even get stupid drunk at the coolest places like "Woods Pitt" and never leave this wing joint sober!

Mars, Slapshot, Icer, Badboy!!!
I can only thank you Dale  for creating this Kindom that I played 100+ hours in a month tour and would do this tour after Tour!

Thanks! 

<S> Morph
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 07:02:46 PM by Morpheus »
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Re: SHOW me another game..!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2023, 07:32:04 PM »
Made some good friends too when I started back in the day. I’ve met some more cool people on country chat since my return.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2023, 08:08:00 PM »
Morph you play this?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2023, 08:15:43 PM »
tic-tacl-toe

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2023, 09:51:10 PM »
I haven't been playing as long as some of you gents, but I have been here since 2012. Loved the game when I first started, and still love it today. I have met some wonderful people here over the years, Woody002, Striker1, MWK522, 1Hurless, Slipknot, Slaxer lol I could go a lot more. Bottom line we have a very unique experience in this game, I have never found another one like it. While we have our issues here, overall we have a great group of players, and we are getting a few new ones also.

The Doomsayers  have the game dead already, I don't see that. While all good things must end, including us, I feel we have many more years to enjoy this game. With that said, I plan on enjoying it till the Lord takes me home. :cool:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2023, 11:13:33 PM »
Show me another air-combat sim that has Scenarios!  :aok

Morph, come on in for the October scenario, and bring your pals.  :aok

Glorious air combat over the winter Eastern Front.

https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/current-or-next-scenario

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2023, 08:50:36 AM »
I too have met some great people and great minds…as far back as 30 yrs. Still friends to this day, some have passed along the way. In all things, I’m not the best, I learned from the best, without them my milage would have varied. Some have made me a better person. Some found the wrong path with me. This style of game play is the best in my book. Connections are icing on the cake.

Roots are deep.

Keep the faith brother.

HT still has a few more months of healing and therapy. Its prolly still hard for him to get around.

MA is only living half the game. As Brooke suggested, come saddle up in the next scenario.
Live it full throttle. Or wish you did. :) <S>
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 09:33:55 AM by Animl-AW »
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2023, 01:16:36 PM »
Morph you play this?

I'm on the door step and I NEED a few guidliness to show me a good financial rout to get back into the game an play with a very good machine! I'm going to stick with HP because I've had great luck with their equipment!

Morph <S>
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2023, 02:42:06 PM »
I'm on the door step and I NEED a few guidliness to show me a good financial rout to get back into the game an play with a very good machine! I'm going to stick with HP because I've had great luck with their equipment!

Morph <S>

AH is well playable even with a $500 computer for non-VR, 1080p resolution.

Looking at HP, I'd probably go for a Victus by HP 15L TG02-0325m, for $580.  It's got a Ryzen 5600G cpu, RX 6400 gpu, 8 GB ram.  If I wanted more RAM, I'd buy from Amazon instead of HP -- it's about half the cost.

I think such a machine will get you 60 fps with shadows, reflections, pilot mesh, and environment map slider set off.  (I fly with those off regardless of cpu/gpu capability.)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2023, 02:58:39 PM »
By the way, for those of you wondering how that above HP system can be so inexpensive, I did read that the RX 6400 gpu in it might be a PCIe x4 card as opposed to an x16 card.  That lowers its speed, especially on a cpu that has Gen 3 pci and not Gen 4 pci (as is the case for the Ryzen 5600G).

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2023, 07:12:48 PM »
"Show me another game such as this one..."

NONE

:aok
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2023, 11:02:24 PM »
Morph you play this?

I gotta say, between 2008 and 2015 when I racked up huge hours of game time, I have never seen this guy fly.
One in my position would easily come to the conclusion that the delusional and unstable fantasist Animl had got another account under his control? :neener:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Online Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2023, 08:52:05 AM »
I gotta say, between 2008 and 2015 when I racked up huge hours of game time, I have never seen this guy fly.
One in my position would easily come to the conclusion that the delusional and unstable fantasist Animl had got another account under his control? :neener:

Morpheus was in a very bad accident and was away from AH for many years.

- oldman

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2023, 10:43:26 AM »
I flew with Morpheus (he was flying under a different name) in the early 2000's with the 444th Air Mafia. He's been around for a while. As Oldman said he has been away from AH for some time.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2023, 10:53:46 AM »

Morpheus was in a very bad accident and was away from AH for many years.

- oldman

Indeed and it’s the reason I ask people to call me Morf and not Morph!

Hope you make it back soon Morph,maybe even I can get back in game for more than just FSO. Till then I have bigger fish to fry,good news is the Doc says my numbers are looking good but I still have to tend the fliers until they say I’m done.

<S>