Author Topic: Against all odds......  (Read 1241 times)

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
Against all odds......
« on: October 03, 2023, 11:45:54 PM »

Standard fighter hanger shutdown of a small airfield in B17s at 10-12k. Over a dozen enemy fighters stacked from the deck to 20k. While this is happening, I have MeTaTr0N at 15k in B24s that come in from a different direction to white flag the town. On my second run while lining up for the last hanger, I come under tremendous attack. Had I not setup up my line prior to engaging 4 fighters in the last minute leading up to my drop I would not have succesfully completed the shutdown.  I had 3 seconds to drop coming out of the scope. In total fighter hangers were closed and town was WF. 2 kills on FT, 6 kills on Meta. Lots of actions Lots of fun :banana:

Had I hit Shift-X instead of X I would not have broke my wing off  :bhead

Best sequence begins at the 5:45 minute mark  :salute :rock :cheers:

« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 12:10:52 AM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Against all odds......
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2023, 12:03:17 AM »
It's so great that you had fun killing a fight by dropping the fighter hangars.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2023, 12:04:31 AM »

The war never stops :old:

Or is it the war never sleeps? :rock :ahand
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2023, 12:14:57 AM »

Furballing isn’t the only fighting.

I love taking out hangers other key items to help stall a base take.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2023, 06:44:03 AM »

Chuikov

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2023, 07:53:47 AM »
That is some wild stuff there, well done.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2023, 09:05:37 AM »

Are you saying HT should remove bombers from the game?
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2023, 09:45:17 AM »
Are you saying HT should remove bombers from the game?

No, just calling out his bragging over his self-serving behavior for what it is - being classless.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2023, 09:48:42 AM »
No, just calling out his bragging over his self-serving behavior for what it is - being classless.

OK, You'll get no argument from me about bragging.

But people brag in subtler ways just the same.   People post vids of their kills and just humble brag "Such great fights tonight!".

I'm surprised that after decades in MMOG that someone bragging even makes a dent.  I'm surprised Shane doesn't offend you more.  I never see you slam him when he spews his guff about how superior he is.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 09:52:30 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2023, 09:54:51 AM »
bragging? Hahaha

If you think I'm trying to show off I will just go-ahead and show you what bragging and showing off really looks like  :neener:

For how long and how personal you have taken my behavior over the past 2 years... your a silly little man.

It is never about me when it comes to my videos. It is all about showcasing this wonderful game. I however do enjoy triggering the fk outta guys like you when I post stuff like this on the forums. It isn't always my first intention but you just can't help yourself and thus neither can i :rofl :aok :ahand
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 10:00:31 AM by mERv »

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2023, 10:51:28 AM »
The thumbnail of the video is a fantastic shot - great composition, wicked skin on the B-24.

Question, what was the rounded white square outline with the target circle in the middle and small triangular markers on the left and bottom edges, in the lower center section of your bombsite view?  How do you get that?

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2023, 10:54:30 AM »
Bragging? Hey, I'm capable of stalling a tank and I've been in same rain than many famous people, like Boris Johnson, Moomintroll and Edward James Olmos

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2023, 10:55:24 AM »
The thumbnail of the video is a fantastic shot - great composition, wicked skin on the B-24.

Question, what was the rounded white square outline with the target circle in the middle and small triangular markers on the left and bottom edges, in the lower center section of your bombsite view?  How do you get that?
That's a GUI thing that displays your joystick and throttle position. Not sure exactly where in the settings it is but it's in the GUI settings somewhere.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2023, 11:18:46 AM »
Dunno why people keep projecting their insecurities on me.  I don't belittle honest effort.  I mock lack of effort, and even more so when the other parties double down on it.

It's not guff if you can back it up. While I possess some natural talent for this kind of game, I've also put in my time in getting as good as I am (was.)

Were you ever any good? I don't even know who you were in game however long ago it was you played. Probably no one of note.

OK, You'll get no argument from me about bragging.

But people brag in subtler ways just the same.   People post vids of their kills and just humble brag "Such great fights tonight!".

I'm surprised that after decades in MMOG that someone bragging even makes a dent.  I'm surprised Shane doesn't offend you more.  I never see you slam him when he spews his guff about how superior he is.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2023, 11:19:15 AM »
That's a GUI thing that displays your joystick and throttle position. Not sure exactly where in the settings it is but it's in the GUI settings somewhere.
you beat me to it.

It comes in handy when trying to calibrate quickly. Having your throttle set just right for the speed your currently at makes for quick and precise calibrations. Being able to visually see the throttle position when using the keyboard is huge. I know exactly where to keep throttle at every speed from 125-240. Just a quick adjustment and we are dropping Lazer guided bombs. Side note, the general rule I use for calibration is what I call the 4 second rule. If my air speed and altitude does not change for more than 4 seconds my calibration will be accurate whether the numbers are precise or not. Any changes needed will be done with the throttle by increasing or decreasing the throttle by (+or-) 1 to 3%

Thank you for the compliment oboe  :cheers:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 11:31:06 AM by mERv »