Author Topic: Insecurities  (Read 2036 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Insecurities
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2023, 08:06:24 AM »
Kids are like puppies..

You don't have to spank your puppy more than a couple of times before it understands it is to go outside to go to the bathroom..

If displine is provided early and properly,  it will have served its purpose..

But to never actually punish the child...timeouts while they cry in the corner..what?...or send them to their room with tv, PlayStation, computer and phone is not going to cut it..

Parents want to be buddies more than parents these days..

The world reflects what spawns out of that..

Let the beatings begin! Lol

:cheers:

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2023, 10:05:59 AM »
You guys are arguing about techniques, the "Rod" vs "Compassionate Guidance". All you have to do is look at the last 2 or 3 generations and see the results. The last generation that was taught that actions have consequences, as a whole, was born in the 50's. The decline started in the 60's, and has continued to decline to the present. I believe children at a very early age need to start learning this. By the time a child is 2 1/2 to 3 years old they need to KNOW what NO means, AND what the consequences will be if they do not obey. What those consequences are maybe anything from a swat on the diaper to being put in bed, but the consequences must be perceived as negative by the child. :bolt:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2023, 10:52:08 AM »
You guys are arguing about techniques, the "Rod" vs "Compassionate Guidance". All you have to do is look at the last 2 or 3 generations and see the results. The last generation that was taught that actions have consequences, as a whole, was born in the 50's. The decline started in the 60's, and has continued to decline to the present. I believe children at a very early age need to start learning this. By the time a child is 2 1/2 to 3 years old they need to KNOW what NO means, AND what the consequences will be if they do not obey. What those consequences are maybe anything from a swat on the diaper to being put in bed, but the consequences must be perceived as negative by the child. :bolt:

Naaa, just buy them a new gaming unit so it keeps them out of your way while you refuse to give some things up to raise a family right. Then they can learn bad habits while you’re drunk watching sports with a crowd of drunks at the bar. The internet will raise your kids just fine.

[intense sarcasm]
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2023, 02:30:54 PM »
It can all be traced back to the children of the WWII generation becoming parents.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2023, 04:09:22 PM »
It can all be traced back to the children of the WWII generation becoming parents.

Actually before then, but the 60s-50s concept got noticed and later shamed. It went on until the late 70s early 80s,...but dying off. In then 90s, you can't talk angry or spank without going to jail. Which was entirely overboard that it was against the law to discipline your own child. I wouldn't doubt if you can't ground one to their bedroom with out going to jail for confinement. And as predicted, we ended up with a lot little self absorbed mouthy monsters.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2023, 04:55:22 PM »
There are now even people saying that taking the internet away from the kids smart devices is considered as child abuse
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2023, 10:26:52 PM »
There are now even people saying that taking the internet away from the kids smart devices is considered as child abuse

I can understand the concern, I had the same with my own,...totally lose me on the child abuse thing. Everyone has a blanket answer to something that should be dealt with on an individual basis. I think it's child abuse to call it child abuse. <shrug> They are misinforming the child on reality and consequences, adjusting to the reality of laws, rules, and limits could be a mental trauma based on blind hysteria. <shrug> <runs>
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2023, 07:59:33 AM »
You have children under 10 telling their parents they want a sex change and they are listening to them...

That is how bad all of this has become

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2023, 10:17:08 AM »
You have children under 10 telling their parents they want a sex change and they are listening to them...

Eagler

Its just easier to escape parental responsibilities and labeling it as giving freedom without guidance. These should be decisions made as an adult, people go through many phases in life. Some of them foolish due to lack of knowledge and wisdom. We go back full circle, much has to do with parent ways. I don’t think lying should be normalized by watching their parents lie fir political gain. I don’t think kids should have assault weapons over hunting tools. Reality covers all subjects. Lead by example is my way, some use it the wrong way.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2023, 11:26:54 AM »

Eagler

And the doctors that are performing these and the parents that purposefully allowed it should be imprisoned for willful child abuse and mutilation of a child
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2023, 12:27:32 PM »
And the doctors that are performing these and the parents that purposefully allowed it should be imprisoned for willful child abuse and mutilation of a child

Its not abuse when its a personal preference at the core. It would be a
mild form of neglect, at best. This is where freedom and wanting everyone to conform to the ideology of one tribe collide, its no longer freedom. Pick your poison wisely. Age limits may apply. But now we’re slipping into politics, where nothing makes sense. Voodoo.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2023, 01:19:52 PM »
I think an insecure ego is the root of many if not most of our modern woes..

It is the cause of most conflict of one sort or another at one level or another imo

Everything from war to the inability to discuss anything without getting personal can be blamed on it

It is our egotistical pride that we are told to feed since birth which seems to have gotten out of hand lately - praising some for doing what's expected as if it were spectacular..

Now how the ego got that insecure is another question

Be humble as we are not all we think we are

Eagler

to me its not insecurity, it's arrogance.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2023, 03:20:38 PM »
to me its not insecurity, it's arrogance.

One feeds the other..imo

Insecurities are a main ingredient in many things..bullying is another

Eagler

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2023, 03:23:50 PM »
One feeds the other..imo

Insecurities are a main ingredient in many things..bullying is another

Eagler

Yep!

Projection is around the corner.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2023, 04:03:13 PM »

Eagler

On top of that you have idiots believing every fear pumped into them.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane