Author Topic: Channel 200  (Read 2540 times)

Offline ZE

• Copper Member
Channel 200
« on: October 13, 2023, 12:38:13 PM »
 :salute to all
I would like to apologize for asking this, but looking for your thoughts about the comments that frequently occur on channel 200. I never participated in channel 200 because, at first, I did not know of its existence, then when I started following it, I believed that it was an open space to increase friendship and camaraderie among AH virtual pilots. However, over time, I can see that I was wrong, and it has become nothing more than a space where some, rather childish, people are insulting and sincerely act arrogant.

Although some take this “game” so seriously, I want to remind you that it is simply a game and nothing like real life. Maybe some, like me, are already retired, with enough age and experience in “real” life to understand to not give that importance to the game, and to those virtual arrogant heroes who belittle other players for their lack of ability as a pilot or because use an inferior plane, or because tactically they play more defensively and as a team, rather than offensive and individual, you are not helping to the game survival.  Everyone plays in their own way and uses the plane they want as best they can if that gives them the pleasure of continuing in this game. Although they are not asking me, my humble opinion is that this does more harm than good to the game – already diminished in itself – and scares away new players.

If you believe you are superior to others, and you live barking like a dog, you are probably the opposite of what you shout and in real life your achievements are few and insignificant. Maybe I'm wrong but insulting via virtual is useless – to say the less-…

ZE

BTW: open for any private duel to learn my lesson and it's OK....  :salute

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Channel 200
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2023, 12:40:11 PM »
200 is there to use at your own risk. Some are fine on it... others make you realize that IQ is in short supply.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2023, 12:44:09 PM »
Sometimes 200 even gets a little wild for me, and I was known for getting the Shane treatment back in the day.  I admit, I use it to talk smack (a lot), but I never get personal.  It's quite the soap opera sometimes!
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2023, 01:05:28 PM »
                ****Warning****   
“Channel 200 for entertainment purposes only”

☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Das-Beste-kommt-erst-noch

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2023, 01:07:06 PM »
CH200 has often, and traditionally been used to call out gamey behavior, for example, such as deliberately snap rolling and looking like a flopping fish to mess with the visuals on the guy trying to shoot you down.   Used to be a FW move because of the roll rate, but it can be done with any plane and it's becoming endemic.

Would you expect to receive a <S> from the guy you did it to?

Following that logic, one makes cheap, sketchy moves with their real life if they resort to it in a game, apparently.

<edit: what about the foul language you see many players use, that doesn't seem to bother you?>
« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 01:14:31 PM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2023, 01:07:24 PM »
Never got 200 myself

Think canned text message like the check 6 warning and salute would be better imo

Seems some have a very hard time controlling themselves these days and to continously block the loudmouths is a pita

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2023, 01:15:35 PM »
Been there, seen that, staying 99% of the time away. Even saw some substantive exchange of ideas. Just some.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2023, 03:06:14 PM »
Been there, seen that, staying 99% of the time away. Even saw some substantive exchange of ideas. Just some.

I do not tune to it. I highly recommend it.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 05:50:53 PM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2023, 03:28:25 PM »
These antics are nothing new, nor inventive. Its all been said 1000 times. This behavior has gone on by some for decades, in AW too.

Taunting, within reason, is, and always has been, encouraged. But like many things in life, some take it to the limits to see where the white line is. This is why arenas have always had moderators and rules, because its not new.

There are times I can take it in small doses. But, if it pushes the limits just tune it off, OR push to change the subject. Hard to be mad when you’re laughing.

Like mentioned above, use at your own risk. Sooner or later they exhaust themselves and things go back to “normal”.
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Animl's Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2023, 04:01:31 PM »
When someone's sole tactic is to sit 10k over a fight in a brewster waiting for someone to get tied up in a fight for an easy pick, you can see how some people may wish to call that out.

Offline ZE

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2023, 04:30:31 PM »
When someone's sole tactic is to sit 10k over a fight in a brewster waiting for someone to get tied up in a fight for an easy pick, you can see how some people may wish to call that out.
Brew flyers like me, on the contrary, usually fly below 10k and fight with the typical  B&Z guys in the famous 190 , 109, F4U, etc... If you are below me, I will pick you for sure ( like anybody else in this game ). If I fly defensively and you are behind one of my Team, I will pick you for sure. Some "shame" people complain about flopping or any crazy maneuver to avoid being killed. Well, let me tell you if not everyone or many do that...

Brewster is the number one lower plane in this game. I will take advantage of any mistake you make in order to kill you and I believe everybody does that, or you are trying to tell here that you will only engage if the other pilot has the same altitude  as you and you willn't take advantage.

Guess, I would recommend reviewing the most common fighter combat tactics and seeing if any of them don't mention that you try to be higher of your enemy and dive to kill...

Stop complaining that a guy like me (that doesn't know how to fly) can take advance of your mistake and kill you if I can. I will do that anytime. Be slow and low and I will be on your six, like anybody else in this game.

Fighting in a Brewster ( in this game ) is not an easy task with so many good players ( not me ), but for sure is a fun defensive plane.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2023, 05:50:11 PM »
Ze, I've seen these talking points spread in others before you in your squad.

One bad apple spoils the bunch.  Good luck.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2023, 06:02:01 PM »
I do not tune to it. I highly recommend it.

Then you miss when someone does a <S> instead of .s

I want to know where and how much ZE paid to get reverse installed in his brew  :salute

:cheers:

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2023, 06:06:22 PM »
Never got 200 myself

Think canned text message like the check 6 warning and salute would be better imo

Seems some have a very hard time controlling themselves these days and to continously block the loudmouths is a pita

Eagler

The thing we have always needed in this game is an active friends list and a block list. Permanent squelch would solve a lot of issues. I know it has been brought up countless times in the last 20 years so its probably never going to happen.

Offline ZE

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2023, 06:35:45 PM »
I want to know where and how much ZE paid to get reverse installed in his brew  :salute
 :cheers:
Eagler

I have nothing but I paid a lot... :D     :salute :salute