Author Topic: Channel 200  (Read 2538 times)

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Channel 200
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2023, 08:46:25 PM »
:salute to all
I would like to apologize for asking this, but looking for your thoughts about the comments that frequently occur on channel 200. I never participated in channel 200 because, at first, I did not know of its existence, then when I started following it, I believed that it was an open space to increase friendship and camaraderie among AH virtual pilots. However, over time, I can see that I was wrong, and it has become nothing more than a space where some, rather childish, people are insulting and sincerely act arrogant.

Although some take this “game” so seriously, I want to remind you that it is simply a game and nothing like real life. Maybe some, like me, are already retired, with enough age and experience in “real” life to understand to not give that importance to the game, and to those virtual arrogant heroes who belittle other players for their lack of ability as a pilot or because use an inferior plane, or because tactically they play more defensively and as a team, rather than offensive and individual, you are not helping to the game survival.  Everyone plays in their own way and uses the plane they want as best they can if that gives them the pleasure of continuing in this game. Although they are not asking me, my humble opinion is that this does more harm than good to the game – already diminished in itself – and scares away new players.

If you believe you are superior to others, and you live barking like a dog, you are probably the opposite of what you shout and in real life your achievements are few and insignificant. Maybe I'm wrong but insulting via virtual is useless – to say the less-…

ZE

BTW: open for any private duel to learn my lesson and it's OK....  :salute

Channel 200 is a crap shoot. For the most part it is a fun way to talk to other players and have some fun, but as ZE stated there are some Aholes who cant stand being shot down or cant understand why some players play the way they play, or fly the planes they fly. Squelch those players that annoy you (  .squelch playersname). There are very few I squelch these days. Ten years ago I would spend half the night squelching players. The guys that are a pain in the neck these days are amateurs and arent worth the time it takes to squelch them.

I just look for fights.....in planes.... Sure Ill call out those one or two guys who MUST HO, or dive in from 25K in a pony to pick, but we all know THOSE players. ZE I have never had a problem with. Hes always a tough kill even tho he is most always low and slow in that Brewster with 2 or 3 guys on him. When a player is fighting out numbered I always give them a break. I KNOW they are going to take any shot they can just to survive the fight.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2023, 03:18:50 AM »
Channel 200 is a crap shoot. For the most part it is a fun way to talk to other players and have some fun, but as ZE stated there are some Aholes who cant stand being shot down or cant understand why some players play the way they play, or fly the planes they fly.

Yeah nah, some people do fly a certain way. For example I HO, I have my reasons for it (usually a 37mm that can reach out and touch you in personal places). Call me out on #200 and I will admit it. ZE on the other hand is in denial. I've watched the way he plays and he is quite predictable - a high brew, usually 10k+, won't engage 1 on 1, comes back when lower cons are engaged.

Now don't get me wrong, it's his money that pays his sub - so he can play any way he likes. But don't have a cry when people call you out on it.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2023, 07:08:32 AM »
Love it when you are called out for hoing when your ho disintegrates them before their ho reaches you  :joystick:

If you see a g2 with gonds it will ho if it is me..maybe not so much in the k4

Live with it - I suggest staying out of my 10 to 2

:cheers:

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2023, 07:28:12 AM »
AH is nothing more than a game in the absence of cross community chat.
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2023, 07:33:43 AM »
HO seems to be eternal source of whining in every combat sim. It happened in real world and it happens in sims. It's perhaps not my favorite method but sometimes it's the only solution to try to survive or save your buddy/VH/dar etc. in rapidly changing situations during hectic battle. And those who cry after been killed in HO should remember; always two participants in it. Just turn away and there is no HO.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2023, 08:38:46 AM »
Love it when you are called out for hoing when your ho disintegrates them before their ho reaches you  :joystick:

If you see a g2 with gonds it will ho if it is me..maybe not so much in the k4

Live with it - I suggest staying out of my 10 to 2

:cheers:

Eagler

And you say all you want to do is fight. A HO isnt a fight, its a joust with a 50-50 chance to either player with a bit of a tip in favor of the one with cannons.

HO seems to be eternal source of whining in every combat sim. It happened in real world and it happens in sims. It's perhaps not my favorite method but sometimes it's the only solution to try to survive or save your buddy/VH/dar etc. in rapidly changing situations during hectic battle. And those who cry after been killed in HO should remember; always two participants in it. Just turn away and there is no HO.

I can understand it in real life because it was life or death. But again, here we are playing a game. If the challenge is to shoot down your opponent by maneuvering your plane to a point where you have a shot with out giving the other guy a shot, why cut corners to run a 50-50 deal? If your not up for the challenge, why bother playing the game?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2023, 08:43:49 AM by The Fugitive »

Offline ZE

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2023, 09:44:31 AM »
Yeah nah, some people do fly a certain way. For example I HO, I have my reasons for it (usually a 37mm that can reach out and touch you in personal places). Call me out on #200 and I will admit it. ZE on the other hand is in denial. I've watched the way he plays and he is quite predictable - a high brew, usually 10k+, won't engage 1 on 1, comes back when lower cons are engaged.

Now don't get me wrong, it's his money that pays his sub - so he can play any way he likes. But don't have a cry when people call you out on it.

Vulcan,
I don't have too many opportunities to fight you;  you kill me sometimes, but please review how do you fly in the game and see if it is you using much different tactics than mine.
Detail what I'm in deniel??. I'm not in denial any:
- I will try to be on top of enemies (which I don't do often since I fly a plane that doesn't match others in a dive )
- I will try to take advance if the enemy is distracted killing others and don't see me coming ( like everybody else ); war is not a honorable fight where you wait for a plane to kill your friend and then you engage. Many people have killed me while I was flying on another plane.
- I will choose a plane that is low and slow ( guess you do the same as others )
- I will use the slow and lower performance plane in the game ( Nasty Brewster ) since it is the only one I know how to flight .
- I do engage 1 on 1 if I believe have some advantage ( like many I try not to fight if I know i will die ) not on a suicide mode.  I resume my offer to be able DA challenge to test and learn my lesson on one on one, who knows... maybe I must retire from this game as well....

All I said is the 200 channel should be more for enjoy with friends, comments on others flight tactics to learn and encourage camaraderie. There should not be a channel to insult  players or yapping around that you are the best. This is not about me, even though I have been named ( as well others ) to do this or that...
Sorry if you feel like I'm doing something wrong, but I don't deny my combat flying style and hope to learn how to kill any plane I can using the Brew without being accused of something.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2023, 11:24:26 AM by ZE »

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2023, 10:20:28 AM »
The thing we have always needed in this game is an active friends list and a block list. Permanent squelch would solve a lot of issues. I know it has been brought up countless times in the last 20 years so its probably never going to happen.
World War II Online has this from what I know it is crazy that this game doesn't.
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2023, 11:35:03 AM »
And you say all you want to do is fight. A HO isnt a fight, its a joust with a 50-50 chance to either player with a bit of a tip in favor of the one with cannons.

I can understand it in real life because it was life or death. But again, here we are playing a game. If the challenge is to shoot down your opponent by maneuvering your plane to a point where you have a shot with out giving the other guy a shot, why cut corners to run a 50-50 deal? If your not up for the challenge, why bother playing the game?

So we are again in "fight as I say or stay away"-situation. And in a division of gamers and virtual pilots. As I wrote in another topic some time ago, self-declared elite of every sim seems to be very eager to give orders they are not authorized. Orders often masked as questions, hints or advices. To tell the others, what is fun and what is not, how they have to fight according to The Code of Ivory Tower Warriors.

You have to either turn away every time there's a probability to face HO, or ask HiTech if you can have authority to kick my kind of inept and unskilled noobies out and block them forever. Then you can have just dogfighting skillful obedient pilots. Masses of them, real hoards. No bombers, no jabos, neither GVs nor CVs or BCs. Just eternal fun in sunshine.

Over and out

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2023, 12:46:02 PM »
I loathe HOs with passion. Probably conditioned from AW where it was highly frowned upon.

But since being back here, it seems like the #1 go-to tactic. Therefore, as soon as an AC lines up in my sights, I just open up at 2k out and unload everything I have until one of us die. Its one thing that it happened in RL, its disgusting as a #1 tactic. It wasn’t their first choice in RL, but I guess I’m outnumbered. I’m disgusted with myself for being a part of it.

At times, depending on enemy country, 7 out of 10 flights end in HO. One country, I swear, its all they know and do, even with a horde to back them up at 7-1 odds. Some have made an art of it. Pay and fly as they will, but don’t rank yourself high when 60% of kills come from HOing. Its dweebleville.

I’ll be up getting HOed tonight.
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Animl's Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2023, 01:23:13 PM »
So we are again in "fight as I say or stay away"-situation. And in a division of gamers and virtual pilots. As I wrote in another topic some time ago, self-declared elite of every sim seems to be very eager to give orders they are not authorized. Orders often masked as questions, hints or advices. To tell the others, what is fun and what is not, how they have to fight according to The Code of Ivory Tower Warriors.

You have to either turn away every time there's a probability to face HO, or ask HiTech if you can have authority to kick my kind of inept and unskilled noobies out and block them forever. Then you can have just dogfighting skillful obedient pilots. Masses of them, real hoards. No bombers, no jabos, neither GVs nor CVs or BCs. Just eternal fun in sunshine.

Over and out

Strike a bone? My question wasnt masking anything it was a true question. Why would you play a dogfighting game if your not planning on dogfighting?

As for dodging every pass, I do try to, some of the best players in the game avoid ALL HO attempts and still win the vast majority of their fights. Why? because they know how to fight and dont bother to waste time HOing. Do I HO? yes, mostly when Im tired of dodging all night, or when know the guy coming at me is going to HO again. coming at me. Ill blast away and just reup a new plane and look for a different fight.

Like Animal, I learned in Air Warrior too. Much like I still hold doors open for women, its the way I was brought up.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2023, 02:50:33 PM »
Outnumbered I will ho if in g2..whine all you want

Psst I can't ho you if you don't fly towards my 10 to 2

Not everyone flies a lazy susan spit with one ping lazers...though it seems like it sometimes lol

If you don't like my ho when you explode -  please ask me to duel you 1v1 so I can try to kill you in h2h..

Some don't even know the difference from a ho and a rope

You use the technique for the situation that you think will kill the other guy while you survive

Eagler
« Last Edit: October 14, 2023, 02:56:10 PM by Eagler »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2023, 04:03:48 PM »

Not everyone flies a lazy susan spit with one ping lazers...though it seems like it sometimes lol

If you don't like my ho when you explode -  please ask me to duel you 1v1 so I can try to kill you in h2h..

You use the technique for the situation that you think will kill the other guy while you survive

Eagler

I totally understand the concept,... and I got nothing to say when out numbered. But when I'm outnumbered 5 or 7-1 (which seems to be my norm) and 3 of the 5 line up for HO on first merge,.... that's not a pilot, that's a point/kill hungry gamer. That's when I start heating up. It's just armature. That said, we are a mix of seasoned and armature pilots. SO then there's that. :)

The HO debate goes back 30 yrs.

The opening of my last video is spraying an HOer, he lined up for an HO, it was almost a ram had I not tilted  But in the long fight with another pilot we did everything BUT HO, and that's how a fight should go >IMO<

- Peanut Gallery
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Animl's Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2023, 04:28:30 PM »

I'd say a center mounted 37mm cannon gives you more than a 50/50 chance. And the good thing is BnZ types in their ponies with to much E usually lock themselves into a flight path making a long distance 37mm shot viable.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2023, 04:43:06 PM »

Eagler

HO passes happen especially in multi plane fights but that doesnt mean you have to pull the trigger. I try not to pull the trigger in those instances, and just look to avoid a HO/collision. Im always working to get into a position for a shot where my opponent doesnt have one.

I'd say a center mounted 37mm cannon gives you more than a 50/50 chance. And the good thing is BnZ types in their ponies with to much E usually lock themselves into a flight path making a long distance 37mm shot viable.

With the lob in that thing, for most people its probably less that 50-50  :devil That predictable path helps any one who knows to look for it..... and now I do   :neener: