Author Topic: Channel 200  (Read 2539 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Channel 200
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2023, 06:03:56 PM »
But since being back here, it seems like the #1 go-to tactic. Therefore, as soon as an AC lines up in my sights, I just open up at 2k out and unload everything I have until one of us die. Its one thing that it happened in RL, its disgusting as a #1 tactic. It wasn’t their first choice in RL, but I guess I’m outnumbered. I’m disgusted with myself for being a part of it.

Heh.  Well, you SHOULD be disgusted with yourself, Animal, you're better than that, if only because you've been around longer!

As you say, the HO debate has been around forever.  Fugitive may have nicked Eagler with the all-for-the-fight observation, but truth is, I've never seen Eagler HO.

On the other hand:  You, and I, Fugitive and Eagler have been doing this for nearly three decades.  There's absolutely no reason why someone with less experience shouldn't be able to use a tactic that offsets that knowledge.  Same thing with aeroplanes; Spit 16s give a useful handicap.  I can't think of any good reason for complaining about HOs or picking (I do draw the line at vulching and ganging, though).

- oldman

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2023, 06:19:05 PM »
In Air Warwarrior the head on hit bubble in the Arena was set so that  most head on hits didnt register. Many pilots in ww2 used frontal assaults as a tactic mostly in the Pacific.
. Avoiding a HO is simple go left ,up, down or right lol
« Last Edit: October 14, 2023, 06:50:09 PM by yipi »

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2023, 09:39:36 PM »

Heh.  Well, you SHOULD be disgusted with yourself, Animal, you're better than that, if only because you've been around longer!

As you say, the HO debate has been around forever.  Fugitive may have nicked Eagler with the all-for-the-fight observation, but truth is, I've never seen Eagler HO.

On the other hand:  You, and I, Fugitive and Eagler have been doing this for nearly three decades.  There's absolutely no reason why someone with less experience shouldn't be able to use a tactic that offsets that knowledge.  Same thing with aeroplanes; Spit 16s give a useful handicap.  I can't think of any good reason for complaining about HOs or picking (I do draw the line at vulching and ganging, though).

- oldman

I think with me is, I have limited time to play. I fly 15 min or more to get alt and speed up,....just to have that time wasted on a quick HO. Heck, just vultch me on the runway and spare some time lol. <shrug> I quickly get over 2-3 per night,...but when I'm HOed dead 7-8 of 10 flights,. which is about my nightly run..it's a bit overboard. It has happened more than 5 times. One country has squad nights, and you fly into that horde and every one of them is HOing ya.

And good point on the longer time put in. I make the same points now as I did then, and like then, it's just going to be. It would be more realistic in the reality if it toned down a bit. Prolly has a lot to do with playing a sim as a game.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2023, 09:59:21 PM by Animl-AW »
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Animl's Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2023, 09:47:15 PM »
CH200 has often, and traditionally been used to call out gamey behavior, for example, such as deliberately snap rolling and looking like a flopping fish to mess with the visuals on the guy trying to shoot you down.   Used to be a FW move because of the roll rate, but it can be done with any plane and it's becoming endemic.

Would you expect to receive a <S> from the guy you did it to?

Following that logic, one makes cheap, sketchy moves with their real life if they resort to it in a game, apparently.

<edit: what about the foul language you see many players use, that doesn't seem to bother you?>
Jesus dude let it go..I did that one time and you just won't move on....BTW I'm preparing for your fav 5 insults including my fav .."weak sauce ankle humper" I really get a laugh from those
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2023, 09:53:52 PM »
In Air Warwarrior the head on hit bubble in the Arena was set so that  most head on hits didnt register. Many pilots in ww2 used frontal assaults as a tactic mostly in the Pacific.
. Avoiding a HO is simple go left ,up, down or right lol

Ya, When one did achieve an HO in AW it was certainly intentional, ya had to put some lead into it. I tweaked the instant kill/explosion down a bit more in the later days of the bubble. My version was only used on a scenario (for crowd testing/approval) and Full Realism arena. The cockpit is a more narrow shot H2H than it was allowing.

I avoid them often, not all the time. It's just a pet peeve of mine. Once in a while kewl, it was done, 5 of 10 flights ZZzzzzz. <shrug>

It's that guy who turns in as his intent that I just start unloading from 2k-. Might as well beat em at their own game.

It will never change, and I'll prolly never stop sniveling about it lol.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2023, 09:57:19 PM »
Jesus dude let it go..I did that one time and you just won't move on....BTW I'm preparing for your fav 5 insults including my fav .."weak sauce ankle humper" I really get a laugh from those

HA!,... some of it reminds me of Ernest T. Bass yelling throwing rocks. It does tend to have a creative humor.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2023, 10:14:54 PM »
CH200 has often, and traditionally been used to call out gamey behavior, for example, such as deliberately snap rolling and looking like a flopping fish to mess with the visuals on the guy trying to shoot you down.   Used to be a FW move because of the roll rate, but it can be done with any plane and it's becoming endemic.

Would you expect to receive a <S> from the guy you did it to?

Following that logic, one makes cheap, sketchy moves with their real life if they resort to it in a game, apparently.

<edit: what about the foul language you see many players use, that doesn't seem to bother you?>

I've watched so many films, that floppy is not always intentional. In films it's because the joystick movement data of another plane just isn't there.... which leads me down the path it could be from connection or something running in the bkg of that device stuttering the data flow.

I've got someone on my 6 a LOT. My view sticks to rear view and I'll roll or what ever to move out of the path of the rounds, ya gonna work for it, I don't pose for kill shots. :)

It's an online game with a lot of moving parts and variables.

Even though it's an easy ditch to fall into, policing how others fly/play will make you crazy, it never succeeds. Play the way you play and maybe their butts will follow. That's the best yull get out of it.

Except HOers, HOers must DIE DIE DIE!!! ;)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2023, 12:26:36 AM »
Funny, I was directly referring to ZE doing it (see film in forum)... but nice of you to step up and admit to it.  :joystick:

Kind of goes to what I said..."it's becoming endemic."  :joystick:

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2023, 02:10:02 AM »
Funny, I was directly referring to ZE doing it (see film in forum)... but nice of you to step up and admit to it.  :joystick:

Kind of goes to what I said..."it's becoming endemic."  :joystick:
of course I'll admit it I have no shame I did it tonight against yucca k4 anything to stay alive same with people cutting the engine off or dropping landing gear or the HO or dogfighting against a set of bombers out turning me ETC even if it's gamey you can't make people fly the way you want them to and why would you? It's a game nothing more nothing less I'm paying to have fun and be insulted on 200 I do get my money's worth
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2023, 07:54:29 AM »
A real HO is a work of art

It's not opening up at 1.5k, flying full bore straight at each other while squeezing the trigger and waiting for one of you to pop...

Internet connections aside, in a good ho you are slightly to one side of the approaching plane and are at a slight angle from directly headon

You hit the plane at more of a 11 or 1 o'clock than a straight 12

It disintegrates and you avoid the debris as it sails past

VR helps with all aiming imo

Was accused of hoing when I popped a plane diving down out of his rope into my climbing g2

I would rather t&b with anyone and do it more than ho but I wouldn't not ho in a crowd just so I don't hurt the hordes feelings lol

I also like to turn from a t&b fight I was engaged in to face shoot a picker trying to slide in for the easy kill

G2 with gonds is perfect for it

:cheers:

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline ZE

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2023, 10:33:52 AM »
 :salute all
I don't move my joystick fast since the joystick is locked easily and can't control it anymore, but I understand in this game piltos can do whatever they need to avoid been killed . If you review some information from real WW2 fighter pilots, they also was forced sometimes to do unusual manuevers to avoid being killed. For example, as Donnald Brian mentioned in the Dogfitgh History Channel episode at 11:00    =   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13n2Z4_hwrQ&t=1768s (he named invertical inverse reverse). I have witnessed great AH piltos do those manuevers when they get me on their six, but I don't complain about that and is OK of they do that... This is a game and we play it like we want it.

I try to play in the best of my knowledge and play the game of my plane ( not enemy want me to play ) and be happy about it.

Back to the theme, reporting in channel 200 that someone is cheating without proving it is useless; barking that you were killed because of this or that, insulting and mentioning that you are the best... is useless.

For a moment, think about what happens if Aces High goes down on more pilots to the point that we don't have this fun anymore... Being more friendly and calling friends to get into this game is a better option....
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 10:46:27 AM by ZE »

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2023, 05:20:16 PM »
It's sad what 200 has become, I was watching some of Vudu's older videos the other day, and 200 was mostly people complimenting others on their flying, shooting and tactics.

Sure, there were people arguing and being generally unhappy about getting shot, but it was far from the constant cheating accusations and other bad attitude stuff we see these days, and that was when a lot more people were playing!

Just my 2c
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2023, 12:23:49 PM »
ZE is always a great fight. My brewster hero
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2023, 12:34:37 PM »
ZE is always a great fight. My brewster hero

Everyone flying B-239 successfully is a hero. He was my childhood one with 39 B-239 kills.

Offline ZE

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2023, 01:02:13 PM »
Everyone flying B-239 successfully is a hero. He was my childhood one with 39 B-239 kills.

Thanks guys but there are a bunch of good pilots in this game that really show me how bad I fly and kill me almost in every encounter...