Author Topic: Where can I find more training films like this?  (Read 3840 times)

Offline Palace Cobra

• Copper Member
Where can I find more training films like this?
« on: October 20, 2023, 07:21:28 PM »
I subscribe to a lot of AH channels, but none seem to be active.

I saw this video come across my feed tonight and I like the format of it, minus the personal drama that seems to exist between the author and the subject. They break down everything in each fight.

Until seeing this video, I would never have thought it would be so easy to beat a veteran player like this, nor be able to understand the maneuvers and where the opponent went wrong or the decision making process of the attacker.

Literally, this has changed my outlook on dogfighting. Now I just need more of it. This is gold.

Are there any other channels or videos I can sub to that might have videos that cover fights in-depth, similar to the video? I don't think this channel has many others like this, so I don't really know what terms to search for.

https://youtu.be/w8UWa5j6ChA

« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 08:53:41 PM by Palace Cobra »

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Re: Where can I find more training films like this?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2023, 07:55:55 PM »
Try searching YouTube for videos by VuduVince.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2023, 07:59:17 PM »
One idea would be to set up times with Training staff. They can put you through some ACM training. And may have links to videos. I'm sure someone will chime in here.

One thing to keep in mind, we're all still learning, even after years of flying. It's a true in-depth art. The object is to have fun learning it.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2023, 12:07:32 AM »
If you haven't already, take a look at The Air Combat Tutorial Library on YT  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwV5RLX7mkaDy5gTIiuwGmg
It's based in IL2 but they have some very good tutorial vids covering just about every aspect of aerial combat.

You can also schedule some time with a trainer as Animl suggested. Yes, it is a shameless plug.
If you want to set up a time to meet up just PM me with the best times for you, and I'm sure we can work something out.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2023, 02:59:05 AM »
I wouldn't waste your time on Skyyr's films, they are purely an ego massage for a once decent MA player turned cheat.

I have to echo the others The Air Combat Tutorial Library by Requiem is very probably the best training library out there.

JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Palace Cobra

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2023, 06:22:15 AM »
I wouldn't waste your time on Skyyr's films, they are purely an ego massage for a once decent MA player turned cheat.

I have to echo the others The Air Combat Tutorial Library by Requiem is very probably the best training library out there.

I haven't seen Requiem's tutorial. I'll search for it. The problem is when searching for AH3 content, most of it is old and not weighted heavily in search, so it doesn't come up easily or it brings up AH2 content. Did the flight model change at all from AH2 to AH3?

I'm somewhat familiar with the Skyr accusations. I believe they revolved around him reportedly being banned for tracking other players with shades. While I believe that's likely an advantage of sorts, I've never seen anything that suggests his actual flying was illegitimate. In fact, the video they posted along with the AH film file seems to prove he was legitimate in terms of skill, if not just an bellybutton at times.

As much as I dislike the stigma around it, his channel really does seem to be the most popular and largest for AH3. We really need more current AH3 streamers and content makers. It's kind of sad that we have this amazing game from Hitech and almost no one is making content for it now... and the vast majority of this content is almost halfa decade old.

I did message him to see if he had any other videos and he sent me several links to more recent gameplay which was hidden/unlisted on his channel, along with duels to other players. I guess this wasn't his only training video, he just doesn't make most of them public. I asked him to publish whatever he could and he said he had a few fights with certain players in mind he'll be publishing soon.

On the topic of training, I noticed in the video he seems to use a HUD ladder. Does anyone know why? It seems to me to be a bit useless.

Would any current players be up for making content or streaming? Is there a list of AH content pages or channels anywhere on the forums?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2023, 06:50:11 AM by Palace Cobra »

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2023, 06:27:28 AM »
his channel really does seem to be the most popular and largest for AH3.

You pat yourself any harder your going dislocate your shoulder.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2023, 06:56:19 AM »
While I didn't watch the film, I can answer the question of the title.

I fly with a mouse and keyboard.  That means I use my keyboard for rudder, flaps, and views with one hand while using my other hand on a mouse to navigate my plane.

If you use flight controls and track-ir and you have difficulty dueling me, you should seek a trainer ASAP.

You can also message your brother for films of the other duels we have had and ask him what went wrong on his end.

Good luck in your training endeavors. :salute.

I suggest looking for other outlets.

Offline Palace Cobra

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2023, 07:06:25 AM »
If you haven't already, take a look at The Air Combat Tutorial Library on YT  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwV5RLX7mkaDy5gTIiuwGmg
It's based in IL2 but they have some very good tutorial vids covering just about every aspect of aerial combat.

You can also schedule some time with a trainer as Animl suggested. Yes, it is a shameless plug.
If you want to set up a time to meet up just PM me with the best times for you, and I'm sure we can work something out.

:salute
Sik

Thanks for the offer, Sik! I'll hit you up here when I've got some time. My playtime is sporadic at best at the moment, but I look forward to learning whatever I can from you.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2023, 07:31:12 AM »
Thanks for the offer, Sik! I'll hit you up here when I've got some time. My playtime is sporadic at best at the moment, but I look forward to learning whatever I can from you.

Do yourself a favor. Film your flights and fights. Its very helpful to see what you did right or wrong. Don’t get discouraged. We all started as new. It will come to you. And remember, while you learn, you’re flying against the most seasoned pilots in the genre, some of us have been st it 20-35 yrs, you’re learning from high caliber. Its where you want to be. :)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2023, 08:41:25 AM »
Until seeing this video, I would never have thought it would be so easy to beat a veteran player like this, nor be able to understand the maneuvers and where the opponent went wrong or the decision making process of the attacker.

Literally, this has changed my outlook on dogfighting. Now I just need more of it. This is gold.

I thought I recognized the handle.  https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,400274.30.html.  I doubt that this has changed your outlook on dogfighting one bit.

- oldman

Offline Wolf

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2023, 09:09:25 AM »
I fly with a mouse and keyboard.  That means I use my keyboard for rudder, flaps, and views with one hand while using my other hand on a mouse to navigate my plane.

If you use flight controls and track-ir and you have difficulty dueling me, you should seek a trainer ASAP.

do you not like the mouse and keyboard controls? I've always found them more precise than joysticks. I flew with a mouse and keyboard for the first half of my AH time. I was actually much more precise with my mouse and keyboard, but I had less buttons and the layout was less ergonomic. I ended up using something like this for my rudder control and function keys: https://a.co/d/6fMeI7u

most gaming tournaments have classes or divisions for mouse and keyboard users because they're so much more precise over controllers and joysticks. But, nothing quite feels like a proper joystick in a sim.
The one who cries the loudest are the alpha wannabees. They cry out because they aren't good enough to get the kills they feel they deserve unless delivered on a silver platter.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2023, 10:12:49 AM »
do you not like the mouse and keyboard controls? I've always found them more precise than joysticks. I flew with a mouse and keyboard for the first half of my AH time. I was actually much more precise with my mouse and keyboard, but I had less buttons and the layout was less ergonomic. I ended up using something like this for my rudder control and function keys: https://a.co/d/6fMeI7u

most gaming tournaments have classes or divisions for mouse and keyboard users because they're so much more precise over controllers and joysticks. But, nothing quite feels like a proper joystick in a sim.

In terms of shooting, I think the precision of the mouse holds the upper hand.  In terms of precise control of your airplane and being able to track opponents, especially in high traffic areas, is a huge disadvantage.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2023, 01:07:33 PM »
Obvious Skyyr trolling here. Post should be locked. Skyyr has uploaded 4 videos in the last day of AH fights with Lazer and Dolby. I bet he's seething at the mouth that he can't play.  🤣
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2023, 01:29:45 PM »
As much as I dislike propagating any Skyyr content, I have to agree to agree that this is just trolling and attention seeking. The guy used to talk about himself on vox pretending to be other people for years. Obvious self esteem issues, shared by some of his insane fanbois that keep bringing his name up, forgetting that he always was and always will be an unadulterated cheater.