Author Topic: Widespread NE Verizon Outage! Anyone Else?  (Read 286 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Widespread NE Verizon Outage! Anyone Else?
« on: October 21, 2023, 08:46:56 AM »
Their earliest estimate put the resolution at 4AM on Sunday! Ummmmm excuse me but do they not know I have AH to play tonight?

Get it together Verizon! Don’t make me come down there!  :old:
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Re: Widespread NE Verizon Outage! Anyone Else?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2023, 10:20:19 AM »
I haven't noticed any issues here in TX. I do not use them for internet, that isn't an option where I live. I did notice that when I was in New Iberia earlier that the signal strength in town was OK but not great. The data speed (4G) was almost down to 56k dial up. A mere 15 miles farther south a speed test was dramatically faster.

I live in a cell dead zone, cut off from the towers by hills so I have to use landline internet by windstream. More like clogged toilet than a stream but the verizon signal booster will only work with a landline internet connection. None of the other cell providers can produce a signal at my home so I am kind of stuck.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2023, 10:44:28 AM »
They finally fixed it around midnight.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2023, 01:48:28 PM »
A week plus ago starting at ~16:00 Friday lost my Rogers, (cable, inet, phone) they said for maintenance. It was to be finished by 22:00 that night. NOPE! All weekend gave various time that the maintenance would be finished. On Sunday tried again at 17:00 and was back in service.  :banana: :banana: A bill reduction should be coming.

How does a 4 hour fix turn into a 46 hour fix?