Author Topic: Problems with sound and disconnect with OR2  (Read 233 times)

Offline Prayer

• Copper Member
Problems with sound and disconnect with OR2
« on: October 21, 2023, 12:32:36 PM »
Been having trouble with sound and disconnects. With sound I can now only use my headset and no longer get sound from v/r headset. Only when ah is pulled up. Does not matter if windows mic and sound settings match both mic and audio in preferences options sound are all set to oculus correctly. All drivers and or2 are up to date.

Now with the or2 headset I get random pc disconnect. Sometimes resetting computer fixes it for days or weeks sometimes it is continually rebooting computer and it works for minutes then pc disconnect. Sometimes I can unplug link cable and plug it back in and go through prompts or times I’d get sound and just a black screen. Very odd

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Problems with sound and disconnect with OR2
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2023, 05:00:59 AM »
Using "OFFICIAL LINK CABLE" or after market cable?  My buddie Dieter had same issue with an Aftermarket Link Cable.   After rereading/before posting...you have Rift2? Dieter was Quest2.  I still use Rift2 and have no problems, up and until a Touch Controller battery is dead.I sometimes get the "3dot" Black Grid Only hang up. Restart fixes this, but have to reset "Play Area" or skip it. Do you use "Voice Attack" program?  That is an issue I run across time to time. It will reset to "Oculus Virtual Device" instead of "Oculus Rift 2 Mic/Headset"?  This results in loss of mic and Sound...
The black screen, with the 3 dots? I get that quite often. Only on startup though. I dont get a "PC Disconnect" during game play.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Prayer

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2023, 12:24:23 PM »
I have the Quest 2 with the official Link Cable to clarify.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2023, 05:10:48 AM »
I have the Quest 2 with the official Link Cable to clarify.
Probably NOT your issue, just throwing this at the wall, hoping it will stick...maybe?  If running the "Challenge Sound Pak", maybe happens regardless..but if you take off the Headset, you lose Motor,Actuators and other sounds. Voice/Vox still comes through.   My set up HATES Teamspeak and Discord Apps..not sure why..but it messes things up every time(maybe issue).
 I used to get disconnects when in Ship Guns, or at Large Airfields.  YES Black Screen..with the 3 dots and a grid pattern, for me and RiftS.   Have you check with "Oculus/Meta" volume controls? For RS...Devices:Headset and check Volume defaults?   Also, with RiftS, for me...the Black screen means, a reset of Safe Zone is in order, or a Touch Controller  Battery is low.AH will be full screen on monitor...headset...Sounds but still Black Screen with those 3 dots thing.

Hold down SHIFT while shutting down and changing USB slots before Restart fix it for a while...like you said, "Sometimes this works for WEEKS"   Just spitballing!  You situation has me befuddled. It SUCKS!  VR is a game changer and I hate to see My Brethren struggling with it!  Its NOT FAIR :aok
« Last Edit: October 27, 2023, 05:27:34 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain