Author Topic: Change in VR behavior - Reverb G2  (Read 261 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Change in VR behavior - Reverb G2
« on: October 30, 2023, 02:01:19 PM »
Getting in the game with VR started behaving differently for me in the last few days.

I never used to have to use a VR controller to play AH- I would just start AH, click YES to use my VR headset, and it would start the game, Windows Mixed Reality, and SteamVR.  All I had to do was minimize WMR and SteamVR to make sure AH had focus, and then I could pop my headset on and be in the game in VR.

Now, when I click YES to use my headset, the game still starts, but in front of the AH starting menu is what looks like a SteamVR home page.  Both things are running and I can't exit out of the Steam VR page unless I fire up a hand controller, select 'Now Playing', which brings up a window for aceshigh3.  In that widow, I have to use the controller to select 'Return to Game'; than SteamVR closes and I'm finally in AH again.

ANybody else have to go through this?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Change in VR behavior - Reverb G2
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2023, 02:21:43 PM »
Yes it happens with my vive pro .. a swinging wi down of steam stuff is outa focus and I can't  close it

Must be a new steam "feature "

I have been shutting it down and restarting to get around that window

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline PropNut

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2023, 09:00:34 AM »
Mine did the same after a Steam update, I finally got rid of the Home page by going into Steam settings and unchecking something like "Show Steam Desktop" sorry I am not at home and dont have the exact instructions.
 The whole Steam AH interface with my G2 is a little sketchy to me just to get into AH , sometimes I have to click on the little window that pops up for AH to make it active (which allows me to access the clipboard) and every so often I lose my mouse click in game (which I fix by hitting the Win + Y keys together)  I really like the G2 but it has more silly problems like this than my Oculus had.

Offline PropNut

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2023, 10:27:43 AM »
I did find a crappy Youtube video showing basiclly what I am talking about ..he is using the pointers to turn off Home Page but I did it on the desktop with my mouse. https://youtu.be/Qt2Y4B_bTqA?si=V1s_76dzmRJc5cwX  For some reason the last SteamVR update turned this on but this is the fix.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2023, 01:27:07 PM »
Thanks Propnut.  I followed the instructions and was able to find where to turn Steam VR Home off, which I did.   I still have the problem though, same as before.