Author Topic: Downloaded skins disappeared  (Read 209 times)

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
Downloaded skins disappeared
« on: November 01, 2023, 11:44:41 AM »
They are all gone. Poof!

Reinstalled AHIII today. I then checked AH skin folder and only entry in it was "skins.res". Went into game and in hanger only default skins show. In hanger I checked "auto download skins". Waited but no skins began to download. Exited AH and downloaded a skin from AH website. Put it into skins folder in AH.

Then loaded game and skin was not there. There were no other skins showing in red text available, only the default skin visible. I then shutdown game. Then checked the AH skin folder and the b239.res was present and the "skins.res" file was gone. Rinse and repeat several times...no joy.

Ideas? Thanks in advance.  :)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Re: Downloaded skins disappeared
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2023, 12:33:24 PM »
Did you back up any folders before reinstalling?
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2023, 02:14:00 PM »
Thanks for replying. Yes, I backed up settings folder, terrain folder, skins folder...etc.

I put my .jsm files back in (stick, throttle and rudders) and they all work fine. Also tried putting a few skin files into AH folder and they all failed to show in hanger. Repeated this a few times without success  :(

Auto skins download is enabled in hanger, but none have begun to download. Still tinkering.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2023, 05:37:41 PM »
Bixby, try going into the MA, go into the hanger, select a skin, and see if it downloads that skin. It should dl the skin you selected. If it does, then go to the skins page, there is an option to dl all the skins, I think it's in two parts click that direct it to the skins folder in AH and you should be good to go.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2023, 11:56:17 AM »
I got it all worked out. :)

After seeing my "Aces High/settings/skins.cfg" file showed.. "0,DownloadSkinsEnabled"
I changed the 0 value to 1 in notepad, Auto skins downloads now work in the hanger.

Before editing the skins.cfg file, I also deleted all saved skins in my backup folder.

All is working fine today. A mystery how it all began but I should be able to fix it if it happens again.

Thanks for responding! This fix may help others in the future. <S> All.