Author Topic: General behaviour and Sportsmanship in the MA  (Read 3926 times)

Offline capera

• Copper Member
Re: General behaviour and Sportsmanship in the MA
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2023, 10:30:12 AM »
My guess is cap is still harassing that one player relentlessly as usual.

Fly with honour....invest in your sim. Never cheap out on either.

Score means nothing. Game play does.

Figure it out

Offline TechWrek

• Zinc Member
« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2023, 10:35:04 PM »
veteran players of Aces High taking more enjoyment out of upsetting other players on Ch200, more that actually playing the sim.

a few toxic players keep ruining the sim and intentionally trying to discredit other veteran players of the sim. This IS the stuff that makes people not even want to log in.

but unless Dale deals with these toxic, personally attacking players….i will be joining the other 1100 that left.

This place is ALL what WE make it it. Please don’t let the dysfunctionals ruin it for everyone.

cap you need to take your own advice.

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2023, 03:11:59 AM »
This topic is an unfortunate deja vu from the sim I used to fly a lot before AH. It started with insults in in general channel (like me as a noobie was "too lousy to have <S> returned" after I shot down some old hand), then same in the forum and next step were miracle men. Those were Lancs and HE111s turning like A6Ms and overperforming fighters even after vator was shot off, 500 mph FM2s, 1-ping kills beyond range etc. I hope this is not going to be similar development story.

Offline PopJanko

• Zinc Member
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2023, 11:44:23 PM »
With our numbers falling, the responsibility of the gameplay “in” the main arena rests with each and everyone of us.

What I’ve been witnessing the last 6 months is veteran players of Aces High taking more enjoyment out of upsetting other players on Ch200, more that actually playing the sim.

I know a lot of players in game, think ole crappy is some sort of salamander, but ironically, I am anything but….but I am different than most that choose to fly AH….as I enjoy playing the sim, in a tactical manner. Thinking out missions, devising ways to trick the enemy…etc.

Even these forums. I have not posted here in a long long time….because anytime you ask a simple question in the FOURMS…..these dysfunctional player lurk here on the fourms, they simply never offer any positive input to the question. Actually…they take it to a nasty level, that it mades one not want to participate here either.

Last night I switched to Bish. I do this regularly, by my choice, to give me closer access to the Knit front lines. When I see where ex-RookCv25 was hidden, I repositioned it to a better location. The move was less that 1/2 a sector….on a hidden CV 8 sectors deep. The moment that I repositioned CV25, Osmium flipped out and preceded to attack my character and intent. He rallied the Bish and convinced them I was being malicious. Ironically….Osmium comes over to Rook almost daily, and is free to move CVs.

The behaviour of some of the BISH players last night was disgusting. Here we are….players that  have games together for year, and still….a few toxic players keep ruining the sim and intentionally trying to discredit other veteran players of the sim. This IS the stuff that makes people not even want to log in.

We are core community now. We don’t have 1200 droolies flying around. I’ve been playing and contributing to this sim 23 years….but unless Dale deals with these toxic, personally attacking players….i will be joining the other 1100 that left.

This place is ALL what WE make it it. Please don’t let the dysfunctionals ruin it for everyone.

Not sure I follow, but first fact, failed.  there is no more "MA".  That ceased to exist when the "Early War" [EW], and "Mid War" [MW], and "Late War" [LW] were buried.  "MA" is a reference to lesser arenas that were squashed.

Offline PopJanko

• Zinc Member
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2023, 12:34:49 AM »
This all reminds me of a point in time when we all just wanted to get a long and flowers were the answer to all things peaceful.  A time I left behind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUUv9S3LKII

Hey girl, whatcha doing down there
Dancing alone every night
While I live right above you?
I can hear your music playing
I can feel your body swaying
One floor below me
You don't even know me, I love you
Oh, my darling, knock three time
On the ceiling if you want me
Twice on the pipe
If the answer is no
Oh, my sweetness
Means you'll meet me in the hallway
Oh-oh, twice on the pipe
Means you ain't gonna show
If you look out your window tonight
Pull in the string with the note
That's attached to my heart
Read how many times I saw you
How in my silence, I adored you
And only in my dreams did
That wall between us come apart
Oh, my darling, knock three times
Mm-mm, twice on the pipe
If the answer is no
Oh, my sweetness
Whoa, twice on the pipe
Means you ain't gonna show
Whoa, I can hear the music playing
I can feel your body swaying
One floor below me
You don't even know me, I love you
Oh, my darling, knock three times
Whoa, twice on the pipe
If the answer is no
(I love you, I love you, I love you)
Oh, my sweetness
Mm-mm, twice on the pipe (twice on the pipe)
Means you ain't gonna show...

Hey darlin, the game is old, and she's dancing down there...
no one to catch her she's oh a sweetness

But the answer is no

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2023, 08:27:03 AM »
Lay off the bottle bro.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Online hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2023, 06:24:49 PM »

Now I know you are all saying.....whats the point of that, it will not accomplish anything, but that is where you are wrong. Up until I spoke with Dale yesterday, I never knew that these reports are CUMULATIVE. Once you have collected/earned enough reports against you....the sim with remove your chat/vox privileges. Then the only way you can get your chat privileges back, is you have to Hitech Creations and you and him will walk through the data file. This is where you can explain to Dale why there are so many reports against you. Not a comfortable conversation.

I find this very hard to believe. I was muted on numerous occasions for reasons such as "discussing non-game related material on 200" or for "no reason at all"
I decided to take a break and a player in the game that was trying to convince me to stay said he contacted Dale and that Dale said he could find no record of my being muted...

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2023, 07:47:41 PM »
I find this very hard to believe. I was muted on numerous occasions for reasons such as "discussing non-game related material on 200" or for "no reason at all"
I decided to take a break and a player in the game that was trying to convince me to stay said he contacted Dale and that Dale said he could find no record of my being muted...

I also thought that was bogus or sooooo many people would be gone.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!