Author Topic: The Curse of Oak Island.  (Read 1388 times)

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
The Curse of Oak Island.
« on: November 14, 2023, 06:28:36 PM »
Are they ever going to solve the mystery? Treasure, Vikings, Knights Templar...Romans...Aliens?

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
Re: The Curse of Oak Island.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2023, 07:01:08 PM »

If they did, what would they do for next season?

Did Gilligan ever get rescued?  (In the series.)

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2023, 07:54:08 AM »
I believe Gilligan's Island over Oak Island anything...

So much entertainment is just brain rot these days..need to fill 1000 channels with something to provide 24/7 noise...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2023, 09:20:36 AM »
They are on the wrong island.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2023, 02:29:06 PM »
Are they ever going to solve the mystery? Treasure, Vikings, Knights Templar...Romans...Aliens?

It’s a mystery why people still watch this show,they found a treasure it’s the payday from the history channel.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2023, 05:08:27 PM »
aliens erase their memory from season to season.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2023, 05:09:48 PM »
and everyone elses

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2023, 06:07:39 PM »
Easy to keep a reality show going by planting some cheap junk in the dirt and then later "Oh look we found buried treasure!"
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2023, 06:22:23 PM »
Easy to keep a reality show going by planting some cheap junk in the dirt and then later "Oh look we found buried treasure!"

This is exactly what I was telling a coworker this morning.
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2023, 07:01:33 AM »
This is exactly what I was telling a coworker this morning.

Most "reality-based " tv trash these days is exactly this in one form or another..and ppl are gullible enough to swallow and follow this junk..

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2023, 07:38:40 AM »
Most "reality-based " tv trash these days is exactly this in one form or another..and ppl are gullible enough to swallow and follow this junk..

Eagler

It's very sad.

When I was a child in the late 80s, and up until the late 90s. History Channel, The Learning Channel, A&E, and Discovery all showed quality programming.

I believe this changed when MTV capitalized on the success of reality television in "The Real World" and others.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2023, 09:27:21 AM »
Now they all pander to the lowest IQ.

Very much like Idiocracy.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2023, 10:49:51 AM »
It's very sad.

When I was a child in the late 80s, and up until the late 90s. History Channel, The Learning Channel, A&E, and Discovery all showed quality programming.

I believe this changed when MTV capitalized on the success of reality television in "The Real World" and others.

Yeah, I hate it.  The problem is, it becomes way more profitable than running a standard show.  You don't have to pay actual actors.  You don't have to pay talented writers.  You don't have to think out and maintain continuity of a plot line over seasons.  Just find some tedious people and put them in a situation ripe for real or (usually) faked drama.  Then roll the cameras.  It's a form of banal voyeurism.

The only thing worse is the Marvelization of cinema.  Actual movies are a big risk nowadays.  They've gotten so expensive to make.  Studios are much less willing to take a risk on a Scorsese or Coppola doing any small edgy stuff like in the 70's.  Everything has to be a comicbook franchise with a pretty much established fan base and virtually pre-written script.  Heck, the movie is pretty much already storyboarded.  Just hand a hack director the comicbook and say, "Film this."

Also with at least half of a movie revenue coming from abroad nowadays, it is better to stick to simple, 2-dimensional plots and carboard cutout good guys and bad guys.  Complex movies with subtle dialog and or maybe culturally specific themes don't necessarily translate as easily into Mandarin.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2023, 11:36:54 AM »
The purpose of a tv show is to fill the space between commercial breaks.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2023, 01:15:45 PM »
The purpose of a tv show is to fill the space between commercial breaks.

20 minutes out of each hour at least for mind numbing ads...

Dvr is worth its weight in gold..Can't watch much stuff I can't zip thru the commercials..

Network television in the evenings is truly a waste of energy...add in every cable news show..you can plug their plugs

Now there is a climate change initiative I could get behind..lol

Eagler