Author Topic: Cheers Gentlemen  (Read 4352 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Cheers Gentlemen
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2023, 07:20:59 AM »
I would rather discuss politics

Talk about a couple of unhealthy lockable threads...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2023, 07:23:36 AM »
I don’t play here anymore! But Dolby your a legend here and ya said your goodbyes before  :bhead.  You will probably return before I do

:salute
Mols
!

I think it's safe to say that the use of the L word is a little strong for a guy like myself.

Maybe, when a certain person is rightfully banned :salute
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2023, 08:03:15 AM »
Hmmm seems this thread is no longer about Skyrr. Now I wonder why??  :rolleyes:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2023, 09:34:48 AM »
It wasn't about him to begin with.   :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hmmm seems this thread is no longer about Skyrr. Now I wonder why??  :rolleyes:
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2023, 01:00:47 PM »
I bailed out of my perfectly good 38 last night. Normally not an issue..... but this time I spilled some of my frozen margarita. Been beating myself ever since.... and not in a good way either.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Judge

• Zinc Member
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2023, 02:47:57 PM »
No let’s not. Unlike flying your Dora in the MA, here you don’t get to egress every conflict for which you don’t hold the advantage. Let’s stand toe-to-toe and slug it out both getting bloody noses and sore knuckles because that’s the nature of fighting.

No he was not. Stig was criticising your gameplay and asking why you have to join every fight you see going on so you can pick - which you do (not smack-talking and not slander). You weren’t sticking up for yourself, you were pr!ckling over the criticism of your exploitative gameplay - which is all you do (not slander). Stig likely apologised for causing what he perceives as an unnecessary argument, for which he felt bad about (not uncivilised).

I similarly seldom criticise systematically without provocation, hence… Secondly if you think flying the way you do isn't going to court criticism then you're deluded.

None of what you said has any resemblence to what transpired. Is this what they call Gas-lighting? Shane and I were not winging together, you only got your kill through your dodgy connection, no shot on my end whatsoever, you launched a 20-min tirade of egotistical vitriol in response to your ‘magnificent kill’ especially after being called out on the forum, if there was any frustration my end it was when you refused to have it out in the MPA, PPK was telling me to stop saying that because he's similarly allergic to duelling to settle arguments, and to that point I was moslty laughing at your outburst and Googling your American-centric insults like soy-boy and libtard.

I don't know if you're clinging to some fond fantasy of either driving me out of the game with your dominant and awesome flying or equally causing me to shade since then for the same reason. Err no. I’m stuck on CET. The fighting got particularly scarce at the hours I'm able to fly at a point my subscription ran out and real life got busy. I pop in and out when I feel like it most especially for the occasional foray into the MPA. Simple as that.

I’m back temporarily for three reasons and none of them have to do with a systematic picker and runner (like a man) with a suspiciously-advantageous internet connection.

Your turn.  :D

Blablabla..

Bring it to the MA! To much talk for me...

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2023, 02:56:18 PM »
It's been a good few years and a long history.

To all the people I made friends/friendly enemies with over the years, and to those that didn't make it

Good Luck Good fortune and Good Hunting

:salute

Was always a pleasure chatting on dicsord and flying alongside you, mate. Don't be a stranger, you know where to find us.

:cheers:
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2023, 03:54:59 PM »
Blablabla..

Especially for your intellect. Dolby leaves and dinglebarries like this stay. Priceless.
”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2023, 10:58:07 PM »
Talk about a couple of unhealthy lockable threads...

Controversy > silence? Am I the only one struck by the ironic parallel of Judge's attempting arguing only to leave the scene when no obvious win was on the table. Do hope he landed safely. Must be challenging to land at 380-m.p.h.

I do understand Dolby's decision but I don't like it. Handy 109 sticks and professional-standard movie-makers are hard to replace.
”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline PopJanko

• Zinc Member
« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2023, 11:25:27 PM »
Blablabla..

The "MA" is no longer...

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2023, 12:01:41 AM »
The "MA" is no longer...

Welcome back pop?

The MA now refers to the central “Melee Arena” not quite the MA of the old days.  :salute

I too long for the days of Midwar! :cheers:
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2023, 12:19:21 AM »
I bailed out of my perfectly good 38 last night. Normally not an issue..... but this time I spilled some of my frozen margarita. Been beating myself ever since.... and not in a good way either.
:rofl
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline PopJanko

• Zinc Member
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2023, 12:27:05 AM »
Welcome back pop?

The MA now refers to the central “Melee Arena” not quite the MA of the old days.  :salute

I too long for the days of Midwar! :cheers:

the years now of mw,lw, but sorry, "Melee", do any of you understand, even from a basic dictionary understanding about what that means?

a confused fight, skirmish, or scuffle.

A Pink Floyd Moment here....

We don't need no education
We don't need no thought control

Melee, a fracas, brawl, disorder, tumultuous firght, fray, breach of the peace, and "Free-for-all"
 :bhead :bhead :bhead :rock :rock :rock :bhead :bhead :bhead

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2023, 07:10:05 AM »
the years now of mw,lw, but sorry, "Melee", do any of you understand, even from a basic dictionary understanding about what that means?

a confused fight, skirmish, or scuffle.

A Pink Floyd Moment here....

We don't need no education
We don't need no thought control

Melee, a fracas, brawl, disorder, tumultuous firght, fray, breach of the peace, and "Free-for-all"
 :bhead :bhead :bhead :rock :rock :rock :bhead :bhead :bhead

Thanks for your brilliant posts pop

You can go now

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2023, 08:18:56 AM »
The "MA" is no longer...

MA is an abbreviation which stands for Melee Arena