Author Topic: Cheers Gentlemen  (Read 4381 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Cheers Gentlemen
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2023, 12:45:16 PM »
This^

That is long before the Vraciu thread and aftermath, that post may as well have been posted on April 1st.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2023, 12:45:33 PM »
Eagler, keep in mind that hunting and/or harassing players is not contrary to the rules, as history has proven. Neither is running multiple accounts, which provides the aggressors with the advantage of knowing your location and flight status at all times.

I am frequently targeted, sometimes by squads or posses, and often by various individuals. It's not my first choice of how to spend an evening of leisure, but I really don't mind that it happens periodically, and consider it to be a valid part of the game. I also realize that revenge is savory, and completely understand why I am hunted on occasion.

Having said that, it's quite different to log on and immediately and relentlessly be hunted by the same player, who typically flies hundreds of hours per month so is a persistent presence, regardless of the circumstances of the evening, usually using nefarious methods, and always in a late-war cannon monster. Imagine that, every single time you log on.

Even for those of us that can hold our own, and Dolby is one of them, to see edited snippets published on YouTube with demeaning commentary, is not something most would enjoy. It might be different if the defeats were also published, but we all know that would never happen.

Skyyr/Ertus/Rusyn/Starfox has continued to play this game over the years, and seems not to have changed with the exception of staying off ch200, presumably in efforts to hide his identity.

Now that he no longer needs to, we'll see how that affects his behaviour. I am hoping it's for the better, but time will tell.

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2023, 01:20:53 PM »
That is long before the Vraciu thread and aftermath, that post may as well have been posted on April 1st.

Ah sorry link to that I haven’t kept up with the novel, anywho best of luck then, I thought more Chaotic Neutral was our jam but /shrug.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2023, 03:05:02 PM »
Simon, Time will be the test to see if he has changed of not. While I am aware of all the accusations that have been made in the past,  against him, I personally never had any problems with him, of course I am not a good fighter pilot, so that may be my out. I do believe in redemption however, people do change over time, some for the better and some for the worse. Hopefully he has changed his ways.  :salute
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2023, 04:19:37 PM »
To all the people I made friends/friendly enemies with over the years, and to those that didn't make it

A great shame. Ought not be driven away from a thing you love but you must always make the evaluation if the highs outweigh the lows. <- dynamic equation so never say never again.

Until that time or otherwise all the best to you my friend  :salute
”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2023, 04:34:43 PM »

Did you play odd hours or under a different callsign?  I manage a few hours a week and never saw ya.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2023, 10:38:57 AM »
Did you play odd hours or under a different callsign?  I manage a few hours a week and never saw ya.

He’s a former player prior to this and has zero validity on this subject. I was his victim (not the only one) for 6 months, nothing innocent about him. More drama. I’m surprised we’re not charged royalty fees for using his copyrighted text/quotes in replies. He’s been banned too.

Enough.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2023, 10:40:32 AM by Animl-AW »

Offline Palace Cobra

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2023, 11:19:03 AM »
He’s a former player prior to this and has zero validity on this subject. I was his victim (not the only one) for 6 months, nothing innocent about him. More drama. I’m surprised we’re not charged royalty fees for using his copyrighted text/quotes in replies. He’s been banned too.

Enough.

I was also a victim of Dolby's abuse especially as a noob. He would verbally taunt me even when I was on his team.
He's a whackjob. But don't kid yourself. He's shading. Magnum may be one of them.
Dolby (same for Simon) is just jealous that Skyyr has bested him for years now.

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2023, 01:32:10 PM »
If you believe that a grown adult experiences jealousy based on the results of an encounter in a video game, I think you may wish to look in the mirror and recognize that you're projecting some very juvenile emotions.

If how I felt about people in this game was based on their success (or lack thereof) against me, I might carry a lot of hatred. Yet, here I am with a large squad of incredible friends, and many others for whom I carry a great respect, particularly those that I consider highly skilled. Players like Trogdor, Stepsis, Violator, Badboy, Cheroke6, Lazer, Rud3boi, Nox, Eagler... I could go on and on. The best dogfighters in this game aren't just good at it, but are respectful whether they win or lose.

Of course, there are also the haters, who usually don't know me, but make assumptions about how I feel or conduct myself. It baffles me to no end how the Vracius and 00PK/Quiets of the game can be so incredibly volatile and completely delusional at the same time. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

By the same token, using a shade account to promote yourself on the discussion forums seems, well, very skyyrish, and let's just say that it's a quick way to erode any respect that I would typically lend by default.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2023, 03:21:49 PM »
I was also a victim of Dolby's abuse especially as a noob. He would verbally taunt me even when I was on his team.
He's a whackjob. But don't kid yourself. He's shading. Magnum may be one of them.

I don't think now is the time for petty falsehoods from you and Animl. At least wait until I have lost interest in monitoring the BBS to spread your collective bile.
Animl is no victim, a whackjob is definitely a fitting description of him and very much yourself for what you have been engaged in recently.

Yes I am/was shading, but alas my usage of any nom-de-plume is not to draw attention to myself, but to enjoy the game for the game by myself.

Jealousy is a incredible delusion/projection, there are players out there that have actually bested me for years and I hold no jealousy for those; Bruv, DrBone, Krupnski, Joachim, Irishone, Pervert, et al I have very rarely bested in game/duels if ever, and my interactions with them are positive and friendly.

They certainly wouldn't be engaged in the current Skyyr action of going to a Russian tube site opening a fresh account posing as another player, lifting pictures from social media, in order to get around a YouTube copyright strike, proudly promoting the actions that got Skyyr banned from AH in the first place just weeks before HiTech took leave of his senses allowing Skyyr back in. It's a miscarriage of justice that slaps every member of the community in the face, not just myself. He's been rewarded after perpetrating the most nefarious actions I think I have ever seen within AcesHigh.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2023, 09:04:45 PM »
I don't think now is the time for petty falsehoods from you and Animl. At least wait until I have lost interest in monitoring the BBS to spread your collective bile.
Animl is no victim, a whackjob is definitely a fitting description of him and very much yourself for what you have been engaged in recently.

Yes I am/was shading, but alas my usage of any nom-de-plume is not to draw attention to myself, but to enjoy the game for the game by myself.

Jealousy is a incredible delusion/projection, there are players out there that have actually bested me for years and I hold no jealousy for those; Bruv, DrBone, Krupnski, Joachim, Irishone, Pervert, et al I have very rarely bested in game/duels if ever, and my interactions with them are positive and friendly.

They certainly wouldn't be engaged in the current Skyyr action of going to a Russian tube site opening a fresh account posing as another player, lifting pictures from social media, in order to get around a YouTube copyright strike, proudly promoting the actions that got Skyyr banned from AH in the first place just weeks before HiTech took leave of his senses allowing Skyyr back in. It's a miscarriage of justice that slaps every member of the community in the face, not just myself. He's been rewarded after perpetrating the most nefarious actions I think I have ever seen within AcesHigh.

What I said is exactly right, and I don't need to prove what is splattered all over these boards. You project yourself onto me and then play victim when I bite back.  I've heard of the problems you've caused here and still cause here, drama after drama, usually contains the words copyright. I only have problems with 2-3 people, these same people seem to have issues with many. Its not me, it's you 3. You spent a lot of time trying to ruin my reputation with your pet dog Gilligan in your tag team on me. You even called HT and "WARNED HIM" about me advertising and I would sink AH". Pathetic and beyond childish JEALOUSY. The only thing wrong with me I allowed you 3 to drag me into your name calling drama pits of professional victims. You 3 attacked me for 6 months,.. starting over a video which was instantly removed. Ya just can't get anymore immature than that. Be gone.

Offline Palace Cobra

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2023, 09:35:09 PM »

What I read is a previously perma-banned player who was forgiven [Dolby] is acting holier-than-thou, stating another perma-banned player [Skyyr] shouldn't be forgiven. You are a hypocrite of the **highest** order.

Offline Wolf

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2023, 09:43:30 PM »
what is apparent to me (from reading these discussions) is that skyrr has been pardoned. Dolbie was also permabanned but was also forgiven. he doesnt think skyrr should be forgiven. I dont know either player but this seems odd. glass houses and all that.

if youre going to quit, quit. this negativity and hypocrisy isnt good for anyone.
The one who cries the loudest are the alpha wannabees. They cry out because they aren't good enough to get the kills they feel they deserve unless delivered on a silver platter.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2023, 09:52:14 PM »

What I read is a previously perma-banned player who was forgiven [Dolby] is acting holier-than-thou, stating another perma-banned player [Skyyr] shouldn't be forgiven. You are a hypocrite of the **highest** order.

The difference is in what Dolby was banned for. He voiced his displeasure with a business deal between himself and HiTech and pitched a fit about it in the public forum. Nothing about this involved or affected any other players at all. They eventually made amends and Dolby came back. End of story.

On the other hand, Skyyr's deplorable actions in the game have directly affected the experience of dozens, if not hundreds, of players. All of that is exacerbated by his repeated circumvention of the ban against him and quickly having his shade accounts discovered by his continuing with the awful behavior that got him banned in the first place.

These are not even close to being the same.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Palace Cobra

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2023, 09:54:40 PM »
The difference is in what Dolby was banned for. He voiced his displeasure with a business deal between himself and HiTech and pitched a fit about it in the public forum. Nothing about this involved or affected any other players at all. They eventually made amends and Dolby came back. End of story.

On the other hand, Skyyr's deplorable actions in the game have directly affected the experience of dozens, if not hundreds, of players. All of that is exacerbated by his repeated circumvention of the ban against him and quickly having his shade accounts discovered by his continuing with the awful behavior that got him banned in the first place.

These are not even close to being the same.

Straining those gnats is gonna blow out your O-ring.