Author Topic: What keeps this game alive?  (Read 2002 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Re: What keeps this game alive?
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2023, 06:52:42 PM »
Calm down little lady...  We're having an adult conversation.

Coogan

You have NO CLUE how to do that skirt boy.
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Animl's Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2023, 06:53:04 PM »
You no longer make any sense, and I'm more serious then your coming heart attack.

This sentence alone is reason enough to ignore him. He’s not a serious person.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2023, 06:53:24 PM »
You never got ONE, so sit down and shut up.

** TRIGGERED **

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2023, 06:54:53 PM »
** TRIGGERED **

Coogan

Kleenex? go fix your nylons, they have a run in them .

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2023, 07:00:13 PM »
"FISH ON!!!"

Baby seals always look cute with the shinny hook hanging out their purtty mouth.

<opens bag of popcorn to watch the baby seal go into convulsions.>

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2023, 07:20:21 PM »
Last time a game like this sold out, it closed its doors.  Is that what you are looking for?

While it's nothing like pre 2012, it's still well worth 15 a month.  I prefer it stays in dales hands.  The guy went through a rough divorce and heart surgery and still kept the lights on for us.

If you want 10 minutes of 15 dollars, go to Burger King and have it your way.

This

Love ya, man

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2023, 07:20:44 PM »
No kidding.

That said, After many years of it's life, I think the "pretty planes on pretty maps" people would stop trying to talk people into doing what they don't want to do. If people want to do that they would have already done it by now without sad used car salesman pitches and techniques and temper tantrum trash can kicking. They don't need any reason of 100s to not do what they don't want to do. Con-Man.

Seems like everyone who makes that move comes back around like they just joined a cult and everyone should do what they did or their life will end. It's kinda freakish weirdo stuff. It also smells of desperation, clue #1. It's like they break up with the GF, but keep coming around as a stalker to bash the new BF. How many times do people who do not want that have to say no? 1000? Ya'd think that after 100s of failed attempts they'd get the point on move on. If the power of suggestion doesn't work ONE TIME, nothing will. They gonna knock on my door with a bible too?

No matter how you pitch it, it would require more $$ for many to upgrade, just to pay more when they get in, to do something they don't want to do. Spend your own money, do what you like, and move on. My advice to them is quit being a pushy obsessive weirdo, they look the damn fool. Their choice is their choice, my choice is my choice. Quit being a stalking ex-bf.

After all this, I would avoid that because they give the impression that everyone there is an obsessive weirdo freak of nature. <shudders> They probably have this obsessive problem in RL too. People telling them "enough, go away". Personality Disorder.

They can't stand that big mean old Animl presents reality, calls them out, and wants to promote AH, and it messes up their agenda to con people into doing what they don't want to do. Coming around here kicking over trash cans in their neighbor's yard, to get their way. Juvenile.

The more they do it, the more I want to stay right here just to spite dense weirdos. The king of all this still flies AH in shades, after saying he quit many years ago. Actually, several of them do. One should ask themselves "why?". Dishonest Broker.

The king of the used car salesmen actually still has AH installed and flies in shade. "I quit years ago". He also uses shades on bbs. Demented.

Does anybody have an extra secret decoder ring from the cereal box? Seems I need one. I'm lost.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2023, 07:23:14 PM »
No that wasn't cool. But I as not referring to you at all. You didn't even pop in my mind. You're newish to the problem. Those I am talking about know I am talking about them.
Ah. I should have posted it in O club. My bad on that. I wasn't trying to sell IL2. I was trying to buy it.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2023, 09:48:01 PM »
I wonder how many guys at DCS or IL2 have 20+ years in the game?

Do either of those games have 20 years in the business?

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2023, 09:58:23 PM »
I wonder how many guys at DCS or IL2 have 20+ years in the game?

Do either of those games have 20 years in the business?

IL2 Sturmovik:  Released 2001. (22 years ago)
DCS: Released 2008. (15 years ago)

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2023, 09:59:11 PM »
You're one of those old folks I'm talking about.
You getting the picture yet, fly-boy.

Coogan
I guess not.. can you elaborate?

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2023, 03:57:24 AM »
"FISH ON!!!"

Baby seals always look cute with the shinny hook hanging out their purtty mouth.

<opens bag of popcorn to watch the baby seal go into convulsions.>

"SEAL's ON!!!"

Just sayin
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline KillerPops

• Zinc Member
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2023, 04:26:10 AM »
Perhaps a sloppy definition of the word alive:grin:

Even the (much older, and much more crappy looking) Warbirds is "alive". For the vast majority of simmers, none of these two sims are alive. They don't even exist. Besides, sim vs game, what's the difference? Those who want a "game" obviously flock to War Thunder. Those who want a "sim" flock to DCS/MSFS/X-Plane. Those who want a nice flight model, nice gameplay (without having to set up millions of buttons) go to IL-2 (also a game/sim). People are still playing many of the really old sim/games too. The older version of IL-2, or Falcon 4 and so on. Lots of older sims/games are "alive" and people enjoy them.

Alive in the game/simming world obviously means a game that is being actively developed. When development stops, it heads straight down into a niche for a dedicated few die hards.

Lots of discussions about this (outside the AH community at least  :lol ). War Thunder and MSFS draws people into flight sims. Lots of them stay (or quit), but lots of them move on to DCS/X-Plane/Il-2 and a few others depending on their preferences. A long time ago, Warbirds drew people in, and then AH also for some limited time. That time is long gone, we are talking 20+ years. AH III isn't that old, but it was only a new make up on the old pig. Nothing really changed regarding the game play, FM or anything else.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2023, 08:03:15 AM »
IL2 Sturmovik:  Released 2001. (22 years ago)
DCS: Released 2008. (15 years ago)

Coogan

100Coogn, another "lurker" for the ignore list. I don't recall him ever having a positive comment on the game. Not sure what Hitech may have done to make him so negative, or perhaps that is just the way he is. I feel sorry for him, sad really.  :(
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2023, 08:11:50 AM »
DCS World goes back to 2008 but Eagle Dynamics goes back to 1991. For the record. ;)
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.