Author Topic: asked to post this re: collision message  (Read 414 times)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
asked to post this re: collision message
« on: December 16, 2023, 11:21:48 AM »
This is just to show the system message on the collision.

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
Re: asked to post this re: collision message
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2023, 01:29:22 PM »
I wish the collision model in AH was like IL2. Would cut down on it happening a lot!

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2023, 01:37:23 PM »
 It's not often to see a one-sided message. I think the modeling in AH works well with the shortcomings of internet latency. 

You see it you eat it...  sometimes it is really unavoidable, and often it's still mutual where both take some damage.

I wish the collision model in AH was like IL2. Would cut down on it happening a lot!
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2023, 03:57:30 PM »
The one sided message indicates that you took no damage from the collision because it did not happen on your end of the connection. When you receive the “You have Collided.” Message that means the collision has occurred on your end and you have taken damage.
Ingame: StepSis

Needs help with homework!

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2023, 10:33:21 PM »
He got a collision message, too. He posted the screenshot in the FB group, and I pointed it out. The kill feed was cluttered on his, so it was easy to miss.
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2023, 10:50:52 AM »
Some of this is true. Some not.
A certain player took up the #1 acm tactic of constant ramming and ho.
4-5 encounters he rammed me every time. Every time I took the damage, he got the kill. Even while I try to avoid a HO he turns right into me and scores a kill.  Is it more of a connection issue? 
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2023, 11:32:59 AM »
In the collision model it's as if you plane has a ghost directly behind it and if they enemy plane hits that ghost they will die and you will take no damage. You could pull up directly in front of a bomber for example and if you time it right they will hit this ghost and die. I have experienced this when I've made some poorly lined up passes on bombers and was trying to avoid a collision. Some exploit this.

I've also heard that if you look behind you when you are about to collide that it will mitigate your taking damage. I have not been able to verify that this is in fact true as I have not tried this.

Either way the collision model isn't the best I've seen.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2023, 12:15:39 PM »
Its so simple. If your FE shows a collision, You collide. If it doesnt, you dont.

If both you and your opponents FE shows a collision, both collide. Your opponents FE has nothing to do with your collision. Only your FE.

nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2023, 05:23:46 PM »
Some of this is true. Some not.
A certain player took up the #1 acm tactic of constant ramming and ho.
4-5 encounters he rammed me every time. Every time I took the damage, he got the kill. Even while I try to avoid a HO he turns right into me and scores a kill.  Is it more of a connection issue?

If you get the message "so and so has collided with you" HE takes damage from the collision
If you get the message "YOU have collided with so and so" then YOU take the damage from the collision.
If you see BOTH messages you BOTH take damage from the collision.

On the other hand if you avoid the collision and he is firing a couple hundred rounds of cannon at you as you pass you WILL take damage from the cannon rounds. Avoiding the collision doesnt stop the rounds from hit you.

In the collision model it's as if you plane has a ghost directly behind it and if they enemy plane hits that ghost they will die and you will take no damage. You could pull up directly in front of a bomber for example and if you time it right they will hit this ghost and die. I have experienced this when I've made some poorly lined up passes on bombers and was trying to avoid a collision. Some exploit this.

I've also heard that if you look behind you when you are about to collide that it will mitigate your taking damage. I have not been able to verify that this is in fact true as I have not tried this.

Either way the collision model isn't the best I've seen.

This is BS. It comes from the way people explain the collision model. Most say if you "SEE" a collision you take damage. The right phrase is if your COMPUTER detects (sees) a collision you take damage. So "looking away so you dont "see" the collision doesnt save you from damage.

The damage moel works very well. If you maneuver your plane and avoid hitting the other plane there is no reason you should take damage. So all you have to do is avoid hitting other planes and you wont take damage. Very easy to understan, but very tough for some players to do as all they want to do is HO  :(