Author Topic: Masters of the Air Trailer 2  (Read 1820 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Masters of the Air Trailer 2
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2024, 11:22:45 AM »
:rofl 20 minute nap every half an hour is better Shuff!

I'm only 41, but I'm feeling the time zone differences more than when I started AH at 17

41? Dang I was just hitting my stride at 41. LOL
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2024, 12:39:27 PM »
:rofl 20 minute nap every half an hour is better Shuff!

I'm only 41, but I'm feeling the time zone differences more than when I started AH at 17

Holy crap I had to read that twice man we're getting old.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2024, 10:42:59 AM »
You youngsters squeaking about getting old is funny. I'm 70
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Prayer

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2024, 11:16:42 AM »
 Turn 40 next month, started AH at 17. When I started flying it seemed most were in there 30 or 40s. I have really been contemplating getting Apple TV just to watch this series. From the trailer and youtube clips it looks like a worth wild watch.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2024, 11:48:52 AM »
Turn 40 next month, started AH at 17. When I started flying it seemed most were in there 30 or 40s. I have really been contemplating getting Apple TV just to watch this series. From the trailer and youtube clips it looks like a worth wild watch.

Everything else aside it's worth the $$$ to Apple...

I was one of those that started flying in AH in my early 40's...retired last October and turn 65 this April but a youngster compared to some here

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2024, 01:11:54 PM »
I just turned 50 this month. I thought I was one of the young ones seeing here!  :old:
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2024, 06:55:51 AM »
So...  A friend was wondering if we're going to talk about episode 8...

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2024, 12:58:59 PM »
Guess not...

:dunno

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2024, 01:06:05 PM »
Guess not...

:dunno

We kinda did… not much to say about it anymore really. The show is kinda meh. I’m more looking forward to the 100th BG documentary.

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,408816.45.html
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2024, 07:15:46 AM »
Why did they not take the 100th documentary and put cutups in the series, similar to BOB. Would've set up the series so much better.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2024, 07:21:18 AM »
Why did they not take the 100th documentary and put cutups in the series, similar to BOB. Would've set up the series so much better.

I thought the same thing...

The last 10 minutes of recap was some of the best of the series imo

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2024, 09:55:49 AM »
I thought they ended it well. Wife liked it. Told her it was no Band of Brothers. It's been 23 years? Might be time to watch it again.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2024, 10:29:11 PM »

As I watched the bloody hundredth tonight I thought the same thing.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2024, 10:59:08 PM »

It was OK.  Uneven.  It took so long to make, it could have never lived up to the hype.
It could have been better. 
It could have been worse.

It didn't suck.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2024, 08:18:35 PM »
I originally posted this in the MOTA scenario general, but probably better here:

I read the MOTA book twice, last time being close to 10 years ago. Based on my memory of it, I was surprised that it seemed to follow other sources pretty heavily like Crosby’s A Wing and a Prayer. Felt like a lot of MOTA was left undeveloped, like the political challenges and the strategic choices made by the likes of Eaker, Arnold and Doolittle. They should have used a different title to the series more in line with the focus on the 100th BG instead of the broader 8th AAF that the book MOTA really develops.

I have been eager to see this since they first announced it over a decade ago. While not as good as Band of Brothers, I could definitely re-watch it more times than the Pacific (which I have only seen three times as compared to like 12-15 times for BoB). I did not have any problem with the CGI. It will take another to really get to know the many faces and be able to better link characters off-mission with their faces unobscured as compared to when they are flying with oxygen masks. I don’t know, the Schweinfurt-Regensburg mission was depicted a bit more muted than what I expected it to be - like the results were on target, balanced out the losses, and didn’t setback the 8ths strength as much.

My first introduction to AH was flying with the 100th BG. Miss you guys - Irish, Hooch, Malak, Chewi, Coogan, Bull and all the others <S> 100
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 10:18:43 PM by shotgunneeley »
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG