Author Topic: double ganged  (Read 2505 times)

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
double ganged
« on: December 19, 2023, 07:43:33 PM »
I have been back for about a month and a half now.  Every night when there are "decent" numbers on its a constant gang on one country.  Maybe its me but how can it be fun for anyone?
I mean the team being ganged up on just runs to gvs.  The teams that are ganging have solid dars of guys hunting the one or two planes that are trying to fly.  I just want to hear some reasons why cause again I just dont get it. 

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
Re: double ganged
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2023, 08:37:06 PM »
My harmless M-8 always get double, triple, even quadruple ganged. Poor little M-8 never gets any respect.

I feel your pain.

:salute

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2023, 09:35:48 PM »
Darn, I was sure expecting a link to a video...I mean...uhhhh....  :uhoh

I completely understand where you're coming from, flippz.  Every now and then you run across some really good fights, but what you described is accurate.  I would say every map needs a furball island just for the dogfighters, but even then it can be much of the same.
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2023, 09:40:28 PM »
Were you looking for another video from a senate room?

It was like that constantly when I quit playing. The higher numbers ganged the lower number country so it would be very lopsided. I resorted to just flying 262s as anything else would have been sewercide.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2023, 10:17:55 PM »
The higher numbers ganged the lower number country

It’s not even that! There’s been several times that the low number country couldn’t even find a fight.
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2023, 10:18:11 PM »
What time are you referring too flip?

Different time blocks during the day have varying gameplay.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2023, 01:02:53 AM »
I have been back for about a month and a half now.  Every night when there are "decent" numbers on its a constant gang on one country.  Maybe its me but how can it be fun for anyone?
I mean the team being ganged up on just runs to gvs.  The teams that are ganging have solid dars of guys hunting the one or two planes that are trying to fly.  I just want to hear some reasons why cause again I just dont get it.

All I know is despite the doubleteaming the Knights have faced this past week we managed to reset the map after bish were 2 bases away from a win and then last night bishops just needed 1 base from Knights and still lost to us  :aok

The double teams are rough but it is what it is :cheers:
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2023, 06:37:13 AM »
Numbers are too low for a 3 way split anymore imo...

Two sides would be better gameplay but I don't expect anything to change

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2023, 07:01:34 AM »
I think ganging up on the weaker side must be unfortunately, human nature.  Probably related to a need to fight from within the safety of a horde, but it may also be a valid strategy for a team to gain bases with the least expenditure of time and resources.   The small country is so overwhelmed and hard-pressed it can't put up an effective defense.   

It is completely within our power as players to end this.  If you're on the small side being ganged by the two larger forces, switch sides and attack the other large force.   Ignore the small country and go after the other big country.   

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2023, 07:41:40 AM »
I've made a post like this already a few months ago before you returned. It's basically the morning bish crew that rekts boths sides in the morning with their squad that neither team has enough players to defend. So for the rest of the day, the 2 teams push back the bish as the Jokers log off. This causes bish to be ganged for most of the day.

The thing is, players are going to go where the fight is. Some players switch to bish to help out and defend, while there are no fights on the rooks vs knits side, so no one goes over there to fight/play by themselves. It really takes a squad of players to attack the other side to build up a fight, however the side they are attacking may not even care and allow them to roll bases because they cannot stop attacking bish for some reason. This makes it not fun for those who like air combat.

I've even yelled at my side before who were just allowing the rooks to take their bases and win the map while they continued to fight bish for whatever reason. I cannot explain it. There is essentially nothing that can be done as this just that nature of it.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2023, 08:08:35 AM »
Heh.. yes, this, sorta...  I've covered how the game plays out over the day as well and have gotten chat muted for ragging on the ones responsible, lol.

Morning does set the tone for the day, yet players have the ability to make the needed changes, yet kind of don't.

Personally, I don't generally go against or with a horde - I find it boring and unrewarding.

<edit: it's also kind of ironic that this often sets up an overnight knit win, which can upset the morning crews.>

<edit: added screenshot 8:25am CST>    no bish/rook action, no knit/rook action, basically rooks (could easily be knits) have very little to do - not enough to attack bish and attacking knits would be double teaming a weak team, right?  My biggest peeve in mornings is how bish use those numbers to focus on one side at a time instead of spreading the action out. See 20% knit bases, 0% rook.  Bish will focus on rooks in a while but they'll unlikely win the map before numbers start to balance. This is what sets up the afternoon reclaims by knits/rooks as the locusts log leaving their afternoon brethren holding the watermelon bucket.  AND ENY IS A NONFACTOR, AMIRITE?

how to capture screen

I've made a post like this already a few months ago before you returned. It's basically the morning bish crew that rekts boths sides in the morning with their squad that neither team has enough players to defend. So for the rest of the day, the 2 teams push back the bish as the Jokers log off. This causes bish to be ganged for most of the day.

The thing is, players are going to go where the fight is. Some players switch to bish to help out and defend, while there are no fights on the rooks vs knits side, so no one goes over there to fight/play by themselves. It really takes a squad of players to attack the other side to build up a fight, however the side they are attacking may not even care and allow them to roll bases because they cannot stop attacking bish for some reason. This makes it not fun for those who like air combat.

I've even yelled at my side before who were just allowing the rooks to take their bases and win the map while they continued to fight bish for whatever reason. I cannot explain it. There is essentially nothing that can be done as this just that nature of it.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 08:37:38 AM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2023, 09:23:52 AM »
Hmmm sounds like a Bish "hate" thread, you know its "always their fault". Come on people, grow up. This is the way its always been, at least since I started playing in 2012. Not matter what arena you were in, EW, MW, or LW. I think Oboe is right for the most part, it is human nature to go after the weaker, especially in this dog eat dog world we live in.

While all 3 countries get double teamed, it seems the bish get it the most, yeah I know you "hate the bish" lol. as to everyone going gv, when you can't get off the ground because of vulching, and your trying to defend your base, that is what happens. Yes I know you can come from another base, just takeoff, fly for 6 minutes and get caught on climb out and picked.

For those wanting 2 countries, it will never work. #1 You will still have one side dominate over the other. #2 Many of the players forced to move to a "new" country setup will quit. We have players that have stated "if I am forced to change countries for balancing I will quit. I have always flown (take your choice Bish, Knit, Rook) and will not change."

IF you want this to change, YOU have to be part of the solution. The players CAN change this, we have ALWAYS been able to change it, we just don't have the WILL POWER.

As a side note, we all need to start Saluting more in country and cross country. You shoot someone down, give them a salute. don't berate their flying skills, or the lack there of. Someone shoots you down, same thing, give them a salute, don't whine about their killing you. It's a game, you win some you loose some. To send a salute, ".s playername" to return a salute ".rs" it's not hard.  :cheers:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2023, 09:35:23 AM »
Heh.. yes, this, sorta...  I've covered how the game plays out over the day as well and have gotten chat muted for ragging on the ones responsible, lol.

Morning does set the tone for the day, yet players have the ability to make the needed changes, yet kind of don't.

Personally, I don't generally go against or with a horde - I find it boring and unrewarding.

<edit: it's also kind of ironic that this often sets up an overnight knit win, which can upset the morning crews.>

<edit: added screenshot 8:25am CST>    no bish/rook action, no knit/rook action, basically rooks (could easily be knits) have very little to do - not enough to attack bish and attacking knits would be double teaming a weak team, right?  My biggest peeve in mornings is how bish use those numbers to focus on one side at a time instead of spreading the action out. See 20% knit bases, 0% rook.  Bish will focus on rooks in a while but they'll unlikely win the map before numbers start to balance. This is what sets up the afternoon reclaims by knits/rooks as the locusts log leaving their afternoon brethren holding the watermelon bucket.  AND ENY IS A NONFACTOR, AMIRITE?

how to capture screen

Pretty much sums it up. I have had few chances to log early mornings but when I do, I see bish outnumber both sides by a wide margin. (Ive seen 26 bish vs. 5 or 6 Knight).
Base defending is futile. Its like trying to get rid of a rat infestation by killing 1 or 2, but they just keep coming back OR they attack several fields. With those numbers they can do that. Once they get to the point of enough numbers to match them, they become unsuccessful and usually log off.
Best attitude to take in this situation is just forget about the map and try to get in as many easy kills as you possibly can.

With a 3 country system, the downside is most of the time, 2 will be ganging 1. The upside is that it is never for a long period of time so all 3 get it as much as they take it.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2023, 09:36:21 AM »

IF you want this to change, YOU have to be part of the solution. The players CAN change this, we have ALWAYS been able to change it, we just don't have the WILL POWER.

True, but willpower ends when after country change you are called a spy with very vulgar choice of words.

As a side note, we all need to start Saluting more in country and cross country. You shoot someone down, give them a salute. don't berate their flying skills, or the lack there of. Someone shoots you down, same thing, give them a salute, don't whine about their killing you. It's a game, you win some you loose some. To send a salute, ".s playername" to return a salute ".rs" it's not hard.  :cheers:

The end of <S> is a sign of things going too personal, too deep under the skin of killed one. Used to do it but lack of return makes it feel unnecessary.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2023, 10:09:14 AM »
Its only morning "bish hate" lol. Note that I fly mostly for bish now when I log in since that's where the fights are and they are normally being double teamed and need the help. I really don't like flying with the hoard as id prefer others have the opportunity to partake in that.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion