Author Topic: double ganged  (Read 2509 times)

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
Re: double ganged
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2023, 10:11:27 AM »
Sad thing is one country has 40% of another countries bases but continues to attack them. Duce time!

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2023, 10:25:00 AM »
Its only morning "bish hate" lol. Note that I fly mostly for bish now when I log in since that's where the fights are and they are normally being double teamed and need the help. I really don't like flying with the hoard as id prefer others have the opportunity to partake in that.

“Find a fight” is a very subjective thing. I’ve never had trouble and when numbers are low or unbalanced I just go do my own thing. Usually that starts a fight somewhere. Some people only fly or only drive etc, that will certainly limit your choices if you don’t do utilize what the game gives you.

Bish had the Dweeds last night so they were inflated and when I was playing us Rooks had the lowest numbers but we still were out there starting fights. The game is what you make it, it’s not always going to be what you want.

This is also a time zone controlled complaint. Too bad there isn’t a good way to recruit more non-US players.

Stop it with the two country nonsense… that will only exacerbate this issue. You think more people grouped together won’t do the same thing? What happens when it’s two countries and it’s repeatedly 20-2 numbers? I will be excited for those BBS threads. Three countries ensures the options that all players can play the game as they desire at any time of the day. There is also room to go off and do your own thing.

Also, you can’t fix human nature with codes.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2023, 10:40:29 AM »
I am not personally a proponent for a 2 sided system in the MA. I never mentioned that.

I'm glad that you can find entertainment whenever, but it doesn't work like that for me. I roll when I have an opportunity to partake in a battle. I'm not going to fly to a base by myself and see if anyone rolls. Just not my cup of tea and don't have the time for it. For newer players or guys who like doing that, I'm all for it, but it's not what most want to do. They want to be in the action with others and if it's taking bish bases when you already have 30%, that's what they are going to do...for me, it's all about the maps, and smaller maps bring bigger battles that most want to partake in.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2023, 10:55:44 AM »
Not enough pilots for any sort of balance.  It's sad to see.  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline ZE

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2023, 10:58:50 AM »
As a side note, we all need to start Saluting more in country and cross country. You shoot someone down, give them a salute. don't berate their flying skills, or the lack there of. Someone shoots you down, same thing, give them a salute, don't whine about their killing you. It's a game, you win some you loose some. To send a salute, ".s playername" to return a salute ".rs" it's not hard.  :cheers:

Amen....  :salute
Looks like friendship in the game is gone...

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2023, 11:01:22 AM »
I am not personally a proponent for a 2 sided system in the MA. I never mentioned that.

I'm glad that you can find entertainment whenever, but it doesn't work like that for me. I roll when I have an opportunity to partake in a battle. I'm not going to fly to a base by myself and see if anyone rolls. Just not my cup of tea and don't have the time for it. For newer players or guys who like doing that, I'm all for it, but it's not what most want to do. They want to be in the action with others and if it's taking bish bases when you already have 30%, that's what they are going to do...for me, it's all about the maps, and smaller maps bring bigger battles that most want to partake in.

That wasn’t directed at you, was calling to the two country proponents et al.

This is the beauty of AH’s secret sauce. We can both play the game our way at the same time together or on opposing sides.

If Lusche is lurking… can we infer from pilot stats the breakdown of gv only vs. plane only vs. mixed? Would go a long way in helping to put some context to this evergreen topic.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2023, 11:03:03 AM »
Amen....  :salute
Looks like friendship in the game is gone...

Maybe I am spoiled by time zone but our rook country chat is always light hearted goofball stuff and is full of WTG’s and <S> all night long. What are you all talking about in the other country channels lol

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2023, 11:21:19 AM »
As a side note, we all need to start Saluting more in country and cross country. You shoot someone down, give them a salute. don't berate their flying skills, or the lack there of. Someone shoots you down, same thing, give them a salute, don't whine about their killing you. It's a game, you win some you loose some. To send a salute, ".s playername" to return a salute ".rs" it's not hard.  :cheers:

We will have to agree to disagree on this. If I'm in a 1vs1 that has been going on for some time and we're both down on the deck stallfighting trying to gain an inch in a close fight and some dweeb in a rocket plane comes out of orbit to bounce me he's not gonna get an .rs if he salutes me.

Seems some people will do anything for a kill, including clearing your 12 and then extending for a sector, leaving you alone with a bunch of enemy. These people would never get a salute from me.

On the other hand a good 1vs1 or even a good kill in a furball would get a salute from me.

I think the reason that the salutes have died down is because the lack of good fights and sportsmanship has died down.

Offline ZE

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2023, 11:42:37 AM »
Maybe I am spoiled by time zone but our rook country chat is always light hearted goofball stuff and is full of WTG’s and <S> all night long. What are you all talking about in the other country channels lol
You’re correct…I shouldn't generalize; friendship is gone for some players. 

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2023, 12:11:59 PM »
When on the double teamed side, you always have plenty of targets. That is not really a bad thing.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Palace Cobra

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2023, 02:07:54 PM »
When on the double teamed side, you always have plenty of targets. That is not really a bad thing.

Not when you can't get there without five drop tanks.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2023, 03:56:03 PM »
First, lets get back to the topic. the OP I think was talking about "fights". not land grabbing.

There are two types of "fighters" in the game, those that like to fight for the fun of the fight. Shida, flippz, MARK4, Simon, Yucca and so on. You know these guys as they come in mid alt, and will fight to the death on the deck in what ever plane they are in. The second group are the score potatos. While many will say "I dont play for score" they are also the ones that seem to be the guys who point out how many times they have been ranked #1. You can also spot them by how they fly. In groups at high alt. Only engaging when the other player is busy (picking, clearing your 12 oclock...), and then running like they have 100 guys chasing them until they can get back to that high horse they were perched on.

The problem is there are not that many "fighter" guys that really want to fight. Id say it about 1 in 5 are real fighter guys. Of the guys that fly fighters in these groups there may not be more than 400 total, so thats less than 100 fighter guys. The other 400-600 players are split between bombers, attack planes and GVs and their objective isnt to fight, its to aid in the capture of bases and sometimes the defense of those bases.

So out of the 1000-800 player we have playing the game less than 100 are fighter types looking for a fight. Add in time of day/population locations IE euro, asian/fire rim, west coast, east coast that gives you a dozen fighter types playing in prime time. Its not going to change until/unless the numbers go up. This is the hardest hit group of players in the game due to numbers.

Most players are doing what they want in the game and can still do it as the numbers still support their type of play. 6-8 players for a base take, 4-6 for defense, gvs 4-5 per side makes a great battle, but with only a few fighter type out there they have a hard time finding other fighter types and for whats left, most of those guys dont want to fight.

Someone said you cant change human behaviour with code. Change the code so when a team takes two bases against one opponent all other bases against that opponent are locked until the team takes a base from the other opponent.  Bish take 2 from the knights so they have to switch fronts to take at least one from the Rooks, but not more than 2 because they would have to switch to the other front again. This way you wont see a night long run of pushing one team down to 10% of their fields. With the force from the code players have to fight other enemies instead of rolling just one. The double gang would almost disappear because we know most of the action in the game is generated by the base capture guys.

I know we need more numbers. Half of the complaints in the games would disappear if we had double the numbers we have now.

I also believe that a few minor changes in the code could add spice to the game and negate some of the minuses to help with the numbers.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2023, 04:07:20 PM »

Someone said you cant change human behaviour with code. Change the code so when a team takes two bases against one opponent all other bases against that opponent are locked until the team takes a base from the other opponent.  Bish take 2 from the knights so they have to switch fronts to take at least one from the Rooks, but not more than 2 because they would have to switch to the other front again. This way you wont see a night long run of pushing one team down to 10% of their fields. With the force from the code players have to fight other enemies instead of rolling just one. The double gang would almost disappear because we know most of the action in the game is generated by the base capture guys.

Was me… those are good ideas . I also think some ENY tweaks should happen too. Several other tweaks could happen but I’m guessing there will always be someone short sided. Hoping Lusche sees my other message to provide the context that might answer some of these questions. 

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2023, 04:37:18 PM »
Just takes one or two good fights to make a good AH evening imo

I usually get that and more
 :cheers:

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2023, 04:41:15 PM »
Especially on Monday Nights.   :joystick: :airplane:

Just takes one or two good fights to make a good AH evening imo

I usually get that and more
 :cheers:

Eagler
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798