Author Topic: Santa Run?  (Read 1379 times)

Offline KCDitto

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Santa Run?
« on: December 22, 2023, 11:13:47 AM »
I have been in this game since 2003, and I used to fly with my kids on my lap chasing Santa around the arena.

Now I have grandkids and am wondering if Dale is up for doing that?

I know he has a lot going on this year and if he does not, I fully understand.

My grand kids are going to be here Christmas Eve, and I now live in Central (Dallas) time, so if you are Dale, please give a heads up.

Thank You

Ditto     :salute
Ditto  "WHITE 11"
"Masters of the Air" Scenario -JG54

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Santa Run?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2023, 12:02:19 PM »
Santa ran last year. Hoping he stops buy again this year. Though it would appear we haven't been good little boys and girls this year.  :devil
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Trav02

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2023, 12:26:01 PM »
From what I've read on this game's history, hasn't virtue always been a secondary consideration? :D

" and yes, by force of will and the virtue of their many good deeds...er, by force of will alone, wouldst they changeth the very face of Warbirds."
The Book of Dweeb - The Dweebs of Christmas

Whole writeup is very entertaining
http://www.virtualpilots.fi/feature/articles/bookofdweeb/
TCH in-game

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2023, 12:38:29 PM »
Whoever wrote all that appears to have too much free time...

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2023, 03:34:32 PM »
Whoever wrote all that appears to have too much free time...

Not really. It was written in a time when the people/players were more important to everyone than the "game" was. There was lots of cartoons, stories, camaraderie, smack talk in fun (not this abusive BS we have these days), and we even had a news letter called "The Furball". They had an editor and a bunch of players contributing stories, help tips for the game, interviews of well known players and so on.It was a great time where everyone had fun being part of this group.

Today to most its a game to play just to smack down any and all players both in the game a personally. They kinda took the heart out of it over the years. Don't get me wrong, its still a great game, just not the personality it had years ago.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2023, 03:59:25 PM »
Has he ever missed a Xmas eve since it started?
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2023, 04:24:58 PM »

I have not seen the Snowman paratroopers or the Christmas trees on the base yet.... just saying.

CAV
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2023, 06:33:32 PM »
Saw santa last year. Are we suppose to shoot him down ??
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2023, 06:49:54 PM »

Well they didn't forget their players over in World War II online... they're having a White Christmas,  it's snowing in game.

CAV   :cheers:
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2023, 09:53:02 PM »
Saw santa last year. Are we suppose to shoot him down ??

Yup… does anyone know what plane the sleigh mimics?

For further reference check here: https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,408319.0.html
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2023, 02:47:27 AM »
Santa might be bit hard to even spot this year, let alone to intercept. These are paparazzi spy shots from Lapland, Rovaniemi Airport. There's one hangar which is guarded 24/7/365 with heavily armed reindeers.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2023, 10:43:28 AM »
Not really. It was written in a time when the people/players were more important to everyone than the "game" was. There was lots of cartoons, stories, camaraderie, smack talk in fun (not this abusive BS we have these days), and we even had a news letter called "The Furball". They had an editor and a bunch of players contributing stories, help tips for the game, interviews of well known players and so on.It was a great time where everyone had fun being part of this group.

Today to most its a game to play just to smack down any and all players both in the game a personally. They kinda took the heart out of it over the years. Don't get me wrong, its still a great game, just not the personality it had years ago.

Indeed!
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2023, 12:13:53 PM »
Is there a predicted time for this event? Some of us aren't in America.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2023, 12:21:27 PM »
Now you all go home and write " I am sorry for what I said on 200" a hundred zillion times , and then maybe, just maybe mind you"ll find something in your stocking tomorrow morning.

Santa
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2023, 01:05:58 PM »
Of all the years I’ve played I’ve never seen the Santa sleigh. I was close last year and the message said he was near. But I only saw the icon 5-6K away and didn’t see anything else. Someone shot him before I got anywhere close enough.

Can some old timers point me to some pics or vids? Does Santa shoot back lol?