Author Topic: Event Sharing Thread: Where and When?  (Read 390 times)

Online Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Event Sharing Thread: Where and When?
« on: January 12, 2024, 01:40:10 PM »
Thought it might be a good idea to consolidate where we have been sharing the event details so we don’t double up or seem like we are spamming the world.

For those of you on Reddit here is where I have shared so far, how long ago, and how many views. Share, comment and upvote if you can. I’ve been using Spikes video and the AHevents page mostly as the main links.

r/flightsim - 6 days - 2.3K
r/hotas - 6 days - 2.2K
r/aceshigh - 6 days- 58
r/RCplanes - 5 days - 797
r/flightsim - 4 days - 1.5K (separate post for the event google doc)
r/WWIIplanes - 4 days - 792
r/pcgaming - 2 days - 32.7K

IL2 forum - 8 days - 349

Of course some of those people are the same people but 40K is not terrible for free advertising in less than a week lol. Hopefully it translates to something but who knows. Still working my way up to be able to post in r/gaming with 39M members. Other subs as well that I am holding off on as not to be spammy.

I will do another round as we get closer to the event. That’s the only social media I use but feel free to use these posts if you need copy.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Online Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Re: Event Sharing Thread: Where and When?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2024, 12:29:13 PM »
lol well guess I’m the only one!  :aok

As I was scrolling the masters of the air sub reddit there was a post by someone who was now fondly remembering Aces High II because of the lead up to the show. Was kind of neat to see. We told him to come on back in!

https://www.reddit.com/r/WWIIplanes/s/xzOSC9DXeQ

Anyway I am still sharing it around the interweb. I have been sharing pictures of me flying the planes we have and others don’t. Probably hitting about 75k views with my posts but not much response otherwise. The conversations I have had about AH are mostly positive. Hoping I can make a frame or two of the big shindig.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2024, 03:16:02 PM »
Thanks for that you are doing.  A big <S> to you!  :aok

Online Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2024, 03:40:32 PM »
Thanks I like to talk up AH where I can.

Online Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2024, 09:43:26 AM »
Jason at Combat Pilot let me put a post in their forum about it. Should be a similar group to AH players for those not already here.

https://forum.combatpilot.com/topic/774-aces-high-iii-masters-of-the-air-scenario-feb-3rd-mar-2nd/

Offline jinx_c

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2024, 01:16:54 AM »
lol well guess I’m the only one!  :aok

I checked with a DCS server I regularly fly on, but they didn't want me to advertise another game's events there.

As Brooke said: thank you for doing all of that work!  I'm sure your "marketing work" is a huge part of why there are twice the usual number of players in this scenario!

Online Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2024, 08:18:31 AM »
Hope it helped. I will keep at it. Looked like wet one had fun.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2024, 05:35:44 PM »
Hope it helped. I will keep at it. Looked like wet one had fun.

You're starting to sound like me. :)
I don't join social media sites (except FB) <eye roll> and don't play any other games, so I'm glad and appreciate that someone is doing it. It's amazing what making an effort can do. <S>

DCS won't let anyone post anything that is not DCS. They threatened to boot me because I posted "I never had these problems in Aces High III" BAM!!! But I expected it, to prove a point. They reached their peak and are now experiencing number drops. -2k on Steam. Hence, skimmers protecting investment.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Online Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2024, 08:48:17 AM »
Had a busy week but was able to do some sharing today. I used the video steely for an Axis POV.