Author Topic: Here's the hypocrisy  (Read 3461 times)

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
Here's the hypocrisy
« on: January 16, 2024, 08:44:35 AM »
I get a coordinated report mute for saying "gunbunny"

While players like this get away with masked vulgarity insulting me all the time because I'm the only one hitting .rpt

When asked if they tried to use vulgarity and bypass the filter, they straight up lied about it.   This is an alleged" child.

See, it's the blatant hypocrisy.  I should call HT and complain about this? Right.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 08:49:30 AM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: Here's the hypocrisy
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 09:02:40 AM »
I sympathize with you here, Shane. I see people say far worse every time I’m on.  Crazy how adults can’t learn to ignore or at the very minimum squelch. Too many hurt feelings in here.
Tours 86 - 296

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2024, 09:56:36 AM »
rpt abusers should get a few weeks off.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2024, 11:02:31 AM »
I've been on the fence about deleting my forum account as I've been told that I need to shut up or shove off. I figured I'd stop by and see what was gong on before I pulled the plug completely and look what I find. LOL

This is the exact reason I no longer play and people defending it and telling me to get over it and to stop complaining is why I no longer post to this forum (with this exception)

The most annoying is people saying "I've never been squelched in 20 years" who have no idea what is going on because they have not been targeted by a mod or players who have decided that anything they say deserves a mute.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2024, 11:21:13 AM »
200 is a cesspool.  Always has been, always will be...  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2024, 11:35:50 AM »
The most annoying is people saying "I've never been squelched in 20 years" who have no idea what is going on because they have not been targeted by a mod or players who have decided that anything they say deserves a mute.
Call HiTech and see what he says.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Online mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2024, 12:09:16 PM »
200 is a cesspool.  Always has been, always will be...  :aok

Consider me the Duke of 200
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations."Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s? It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns"Diaster
"Take your meds" ShadowX

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2024, 01:38:40 PM »
I've been on the fence about deleting my forum account as I've been told that I need to shut up or shove off. I figured I'd stop by and see what was gong on before I pulled the plug completely and look what I find. LOL

This is the exact reason I no longer play and people defending it and telling me to get over it and to stop complaining is why I no longer post to this forum (with this exception)

Are you sure your mic wasn't on mute. I did that last week, and for 2 hours I was giving check 6's and they just dying. I felt so bad till I was told that all they heard was beeps.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2024, 02:00:14 PM »
Are you sure your mic wasn't on mute. I did that last week, and for 2 hours I was giving check 6's and they just dying. I felt so bad till I was told that all they heard was beeps.

Is this a serious question? You get a message in text that says you have been muted. You can't even do a check 6.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2024, 09:57:08 PM »
I sure can't do anything about it. Yall have to call Dale yourselves. Not someone calling for you. You have to step up and take care of it. Posting it here does absolutely nothing. If it werte me, and I had done nothing more, I'd call. That is all I can tell you from here.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2024, 11:58:55 PM »
You're telling me to call and say that some manbabies abused the .rpt a few months ago and that the .rpt system no longer works as intended when true offense occurs?    And then what?  Nothing will change - not even the tweakable settings. "Use squelch."  Ooohhh, the irony.

I just gave HTC enough info to work with for an obvious abuse of .rpt (you even have the film.)  9/14/23 early morning. How much work to bring up the .rpt logs for that day? 

9/14/2023 fairly sure early morning, CST...  it's not the only time, but one that I was able to document.  Prior experience has taught me HTC doesn't have the resources or time to deal with this kind of trivial thing.

I'll never get that time back. Nothing will be done. 

I sure can't do anything about it. Yall have to call Dale yourselves. Not someone calling for you. You have to step up and take care of it. Posting it here does absolutely nothing. If it werte me, and I had done nothing more, I'd call. That is all I can tell you from here.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 01:39:05 AM by Shane »
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2024, 09:20:34 AM »
Shane, you HAVE to CALL Dale. Sending an e-mail WILL NOT WORK. If you do not CALL him then just drop it. :rolleyes:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2024, 09:35:01 AM »
But why?  Maybe I cannot use a phone, ever think about that? 

And if I could, I should call him every time someone uses vulgarity to insult me because .rpt doesn't work for individuals?  Oh, right... use squelch - the irony!  Squelch doesn't stop outright lies being spread or halt the vulgarity - think of "the child."

You have the same people hitting .rpt over and over on me (right around the holidays, too.)    I think HT has better things to do during the holidays than deal with a bunch of manbabies.

Shane, you HAVE to CALL Dale. Sending an e-mail WILL NOT WORK. If you do not CALL him then just drop it. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 09:57:51 AM by Shane »

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2024, 09:54:38 AM »
Don't make me defend Shane.  Just. Don't.

Seems like a bad idea to allow random players, not vetted to be responsible moderators, the power to mute other paying customers.  They can always just personally mute you.

A mass report should page a mod or text HT.  Then let them decide to mute or not.

Permasquelch would solve this.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2024, 10:28:51 AM »
Is this a serious question? You get a message in text that says you have been muted. You can't even do a check 6.
Yeah, there's a good chance Fud has never been muted because he can act like an adult. :)

Don't make me defend Shane.  Just. Don't.

Seems like a bad idea to allow random players, not vetted to be responsible moderators, the power to mute other paying customers.  They can always just personally mute you.

A mass report should page a mod or text HT.  Then let them decide to mute or not.

Permasquelch would solve this.

I mean I felt bad for Shane at first but in the screenshot, he died and decided to antagonize someone via text. Maybe it's time to not type on 200 for a while and watch how less frequently they get muted. I don't think the system is perfect but there are only 2-3 repeat offenders and once the receipts get posted, they aren't that innocent.

I died in a 262 last night to toddbobe's Mossie and typed "ooph. nice" on 200 and did not get muted. Weird.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 10:30:35 AM by Spikes »
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com