Author Topic: 48 Hr Test Run Video  (Read 299 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
48 Hr Test Run Video
« on: January 16, 2024, 12:13:58 PM »
It's not set to public, it's unlisted.
This is just a raw unpolished version, no credits YET.
I'm just throwing it out there to be constructively critiqued before final rendering.
I did quite a bit of dynamic audio mixing. Unfortunately, Vegas scrubbed my final mix 2 times, making me start over. So that's being done at the time. Bets listened to with headphones for sure.

I'm more than likely keeping the front and back end graphics.
This is an 8-bit version, I usually post at 32-bit....so some things may clear up on final post, hoping YT doesn't trash the clarity. Which it just did. Right now it has a slight blur. It's crystal clear on my end.

What hurt me in this video is lack of Allied film footage. Lack of different POV footage as well.

Because of my monitor refresh rate topping at 60 I'm behind the 8-ball trying to produce 2560x1440 films from a 1920x1080 resolution. I can't uncork my vid card with this monitor. It make it more time consuming to get it right.

Things I am willing to changed straight out of the box.
Title
Opening B-24 formation. It's the only large buff formation I have in AHFV format, and it's got a lot of obvious issues. Any replacement would be welcome.

On the current existing editing list
Scene starting at 5:55, too much artifacts/glittery terrain sparkle when moving over it. Prolly due to my low 60 refresh rate. This snow terrain is hard for my PC to produce smoothly. The contrast between dark and light is a PITA for me and really shows the sparkle.

ANYWAY, have a look, constructive suggestions are welcome. I'm not posting it for a "that a boy Luther!!". I just found something not many are doing.
I apologize for posting on top of Kermit's great work.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: 48 Hr Test Run Video
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 12:45:17 PM »
Awesome! The soundtrack is very fitting.

I may have an .ahf or two of big bomber formations but it'd be from Fortress Europe with AI buffs. But if you want a lot of them, there's a lot of them.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2024, 01:12:35 PM »
Awesome! The soundtrack is very fitting.

I may have an .ahf or two of big bomber formations but it'd be from Fortress Europe with AI buffs. But if you want a lot of them, there's a lot of them.

Thanks, and thanks for your self-less contributions.

I think everyone by now knows I'm anti-AI. However, life is not all about me, and as long as it's authentic AH game-play I'd be glad to put it to work. If it's part of the game then I can't act like it's not, that would be dishonest on my part. I'm truly trying to be 100% authentic. "This is what you'll see upon entering the arena/event." No shinny fish hooks to setup for disappointment (over-selling).

I'll throw this in there, damn I'm glad I'm not down range from you, you're a monster gunfighter. First 2 minutes of an AHFV film you sent me on Luki you made 3-4 kills, in 2 minutes,....that's sick. lol Def in the top 10 list of monster gunfighters for sure.

Violator always give me a good ride too, which is the second to last scene from Combat Challenge over the water.

Thanks again
You can PM me the film I think. Or here.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2024, 01:18:48 PM »
I try to find music that fits the era, but has a modern technical swing to it, draw in a more modern audience.
I look for dynamics, many breaks, accents and beats makes it a lot easier to pull off lining up scenes with music. Many times they just accidentally fall right into place, only 40-50% are actually planned.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 01:27:06 PM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2024, 04:00:32 PM »
The events you captured and the editing were very enjoyable!
The transition to the P38 going through the clouds, the AAA on the field, the tons of flak, the music syncs, lots of memorable events.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2024, 10:22:58 PM »
The events you captured and the editing were very enjoyable!
The transition to the P38 going through the clouds, the AAA on the field, the tons of flak, the music syncs, lots of memorable events.

Thanks,

VR would be 4 times better. Unfortunately I didn't have one for this, and prolly not for Masters of the Air. VR is a massive difference.
To get everything I need to go full tilt AH, is about $1,200, new HOTAS, VR, new monitor, probably new headset. None of my old stuff is any good.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2024, 01:09:51 PM »
https://flykommando.com/files/b17s.ahf

Not sure how well it will come out, the B17s are a bit warpy. I think you'll need the rhnland terrain.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2024, 04:34:48 PM »
https://flykommando.com/files/b17s.ahf

Not sure how well it will come out, the B17s are a bit warpy. I think you'll need the rhnland terrain.

Thanks
Ya, same issue with the B24s (from FSO), B26s (from Paris),...pretty much any bomber formation, so far.
I don't know if you see what I see.
I don't know if it's a video card setting.
I don't know if the one filming has to actually be a part of the formation. As like other films, I'm in a fighter from a distance and jumping to another player to be in the buffs. Jumping to other planes might still be passing 2 sets of data? What you're actually in and what you jumped to.

I won't know the answer to that unless I get a film from an actual buff in the formation. I have a feeling there's not as many calculations going on filmed from the buffs. We certainly don't see that in the game/event.

Your promo for Master's the buffs are so smooth, and for a period of time.
How did you get that scene?
Were you flying one?
I can say this, your buffs were the smoothest I have seen to date in any video. I think you might have this answer somewhere.

Making my first videos I had similar problem with jumping to other fighters in chase mode. Vid Card settings seems to have cured that.

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2024, 09:08:27 PM »
No actually it was the same video I sent you...maybe I got lucky, it was a pretty short clip. I'm not sure if dialing back the playback speed helps or not.

FlyKommando.com

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2024, 10:40:48 PM »
No actually it was the same video I sent you...maybe I got lucky, it was a pretty short clip. I'm not sure if dialing back the playback speed helps or not.

Killer!
That's it!!!!! at least on this film. Turned it down to 40x (my usual) It cleaned that up a lot. Took it down to 25x. I can work and be happy with that. I can speed it up once I get a full capture.
I did that to my others, but not quite the same response.

I should be looking into my processing.

Thanks again
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks