Author Topic: Lost external view capability for offline fighters?  (Read 251 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Lost external view capability for offline fighters?
« on: January 18, 2024, 11:53:34 AM »
Really strange thing just happened, no idea how to fix.

I've lost offline external view capability for single engine fighters.  I need this for skinning.  I work on skins everyday, and have never had this problem before.  It behaves just like it does for online play - as soon as the wheels liftoff, I'm put in the cockpit, and none of the external view keys (F3 and F4) work.

I've restarted the game, restarted my PC, and checked that key mappings are still set up.

Is there some Arena setup view mode flags setting I can check?   Dunno how that could gotten messed up as I haven't done anything with those, but it makes sense it would be configurable somehow...

EDIT:  Just checked in VR, and the problem exists here also, and as I understand it, this is a completely separate executable from the 2D game version...although maybe both executables draw parameters from the same arena setup config files?

Pretty much dead in the water as far as skinning goes until I can get this fixed.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 11:59:52 AM by oboe »

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: Lost external view capability for offline fighters?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2024, 12:25:00 PM »
Nevermind I got it fixed.

In the Arena Environment Setup General tab, the last flag is called "ViewModeFlag".   Its value was x'000000002', and when I pressed the Default button, it changed to x'0000001FF'.   When you go into the "Change" function here, it shows what external view options are available.  '2' means Bombers only, '1FF' is pretty much everything enabled.

Just saving the change didn't take, I also had to exit and re-enter my Offline arena.

Very strange that it would change, but at least I got it working again.

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2024, 04:56:20 PM »
Glad you got it fixed.
I was gonna bring up giving the side of the PC a good knock, healing crystals, a voodoo practitioner or a some good solid cursing at an elevated volume and timbre to get it going again. These are all tactics I employ to fix computin' stuff and they work at least 13% of the time. But good on ya for trying out the whole investigating and logical thinking stuff. I'm not familiar with those notions.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2024, 04:58:09 PM »
 :rofl

Glad too, its a relief!