Author Topic: Apple TV  (Read 2738 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Apple TV
« on: January 18, 2024, 11:54:34 AM »
Well now that I had to subscribe to apple TV so I can get masters of the air later this month, does anyone have any suggestions on what else is worth watching on this platform?

Thanks

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Re: Apple TV
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2024, 11:57:40 AM »
Greyhound was on AppleTV a few years ago. Worth a watch if you haven't seen it and it's still on AppleTV.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2024, 12:10:21 PM »

Yeah and I doubt they will drop it all at once.

Their gonna make you stay subscribed for two months to catch them all.

Or have the discipline to wait until they have all aired and then subscribe and binge them in one month.  Yeah, right.   :rofl :rofl
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2024, 12:14:50 PM »
Subbed to apple back when and caught greyhound...

It was OK but could have been much better imo

I thought about waiting CptTrips but I think it is a free 3 months this go round..

There was a star wars take off on it I thought..was hoping for more ww2 air battle kind of stuff

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2024, 12:15:52 PM »
There was a star wars take off on it I thought..

Are you thinking of Disney+?
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2024, 12:27:02 PM »
Are you thinking of Disney+?

Yes maybe thanks

Eagler

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2024, 12:30:06 PM »
Eagler,

Its not WWII, but I recommend "Slow Horses" as worth watching.  Gary Oldman's performance as a put-out-to-pasture MI5 agent in charge of a group of misfit/screwup agents is terrific.  Though it sounds like a comedy its not - its really a spy thriller.   Kristin Scott Thomas is also excellent in it.

Also recommend Ted Lasso if you feel like being uplifted.   Only saw one season of that, but its well-done.  I think there are two or three seasons now, nit sure.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2024, 12:53:47 PM »
Eagler,

Its not WWII, but I recommend "Slow Horses" as worth watching.  Gary Oldman's performance as a put-out-to-pasture MI5 agent in charge of a group of misfit/screwup agents is terrific.  Though it sounds like a comedy its not - its really a spy thriller.   Kristin Scott Thomas is also excellent in it.

Also recommend Ted Lasso if you feel like being uplifted.   Only saw one season of that, but its well-done.  I think there are two or three seasons now, nit sure.

Have you seen Silo?  Any good?

Is Foundation worth watching?  I loved the books.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2024, 02:05:33 PM »
Have you seen Silo?  Any good?

Is Foundation worth watching?  I loved the books.

Have not seen Silo.  Foundation was interesting, if a little slow.  There is also a show about an alternate history space race, where the Russians win being first to the moon, so the race continues to Mars.  Can't recall its name, but it seems to be popular.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2024, 02:24:34 PM »
Have not seen Silo.  Foundation was interesting, if a little slow.  There is also a show about an alternate history space race, where the Russians win being first to the moon, so the race continues to Mars.  Can't recall its name, but it seems to be popular.

For All Mankind?

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2024, 02:52:01 PM »
For All Mankind?

Yes that's it!   

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2024, 04:15:49 PM »
Yes that's it!   

I put that on my list. For in between MotA episodes. ;)

Online Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2024, 09:21:17 PM »
Well now that I had to subscribe to apple TV so I can get masters of the air later this month, does anyone have any suggestions on what else is worth watching on this platform?

Ted Lasso, of course.  Worth the price.

The Morning Show, if you want to watch something with your wife.

Lessons in Chemistry.  Underrated, very good.

Shrinking.  I highly recommend this.

- oldman

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2024, 06:36:40 AM »

The Morning Show, if you want to watch something with your wife

- oldman

Thanks oldman

Gave that one a go and even the wife said no thanks lol

Eagler

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2024, 12:56:22 PM »

Thanks

Eagler
tpb the day after.  Looking forward to next Monday night
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute