Author Topic: MOTA Review Thread. Keep It Civil!  (Read 2342 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Re: MOTA Review Thread. Keep It Civil!
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2024, 11:22:34 AM »
Episode 3 was, it was ok.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2024, 08:55:15 AM »
Just wondering as I don't fly bombers, do they experience damage from friendly fire from other bombers?

Will they tonight in the scenario?

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Baloo

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2024, 09:58:05 AM »
That's a great question, Eagler! I also noticed some of the shots the gunners took would have another bomber right in their line of sight lol I'm sure if there are accidental discharges on the ground...there definitely were in the air, and many mistake discharges too lol
Squadron: Arabian Knights

In Game Name: AKBaloo

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2024, 04:07:50 PM »
I think friendly fire is on for special events

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2024, 10:37:50 PM »
I think friendly fire is on for special events

Brooke likes to keep Killshooter on for scenarios.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2024, 08:21:27 AM »
I liked it.

There are some things here and there that aren't perfect, of course.  (I dearly wish Hollywood people would take 10 minutes to learn how bombs dropping from bombers really looks and works, for example.  And some of the other things already mentioned.)

But overall, I think they're doing a good job.  I feel like the characters are more distinct than The Pacific, and we'll see how it goes over time.  I like the casting so far.

We super enthusiasts can find fault with most things that aren't historical footage.  But I try to not let my pickiness ruin things for me.

My wife, who knows more than the average person on this but isn't at the enthusiast level of us here, had some things she liked about it that didn't occur to me.  She liked that many actors look much closer in age to real WWII pilots, crew, etc., not 35 year olds playing 20 year olds as is typical in so many movies and shows.  She liked that they portrayed the stupid crap those young people did at times in real WWII -- picking fights over nothing, bike racing around columns that could cause big problems if you smacked into one, various ways things go wrong (not everyone was the greatest expert), showing what it was like inside the aircraft for various crew.

I'm looking forward to more.
SCUTTLEBUTT was 'POPSMAN' and 'POWERDUCK' were Sire of 'Brooke' and one of twin daughters of 'Brooke'?   I am gonna go ALL IN.....to get my Niece, ULBLIZZ in here for frames 2,3,4 and 5....fingers crossed!!!   Only issue I had with series so far....the vomiting XO and Navigator!!!!   MS(multiple sclerosis) has my Gag Reflex all jacked up. First 2 episodes messed the living room up!!!!! :furious  EH...if that is the worst that MS has on me....we doing OK..right? Episode 3 was clear sailing  :rofl
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2024, 03:28:30 PM »
Yep, Popsman is my dad.  Starlz and PowrDuck are my daughters.  TheKenzr and Dove are my nephews.  Killyjim is my college buddy and best man from my wedding.  Jinx is my buddy from a former job.

My other buddies Tudza and Hartman can't make it this one (or might be able to fly a frame -- we'll see).

I'm pressing to get another pal or two to fly bombers in this one.  They are hesitant, because they never flew any air sims before and aren't pilots.  But I'm working on 'em and will get them trained up if they will go for it.  I'm hopeful I'll get at least one of them to fly with us once.

Basically, if I meet anyone anywhere who admits to any particle of interest in airplanes or WWII, I am on them right away, seeing if I can recruit them into AH scenarios.

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2024, 05:01:20 PM »
Yep, Popsman is my dad.  Starlz and PowrDuck are my daughters.  TheKenzr and Dove are my nephews.  Killyjim is my college buddy and best man from my wedding.  Jinx is my buddy from a former job.

Ha! PowrDuck and especially Killyjim are classic cpid's.

I have a nephew who will walk-on next frame if he's home in time. I can probably make the one after that and the last one for sure.
No interest from the wife or friends. I'd ask colleagues from work but I'm already missing 2 stages due to covering a "sabbatical" (AKA slow quit) and I don't want to ask anyone else for fear they'd call off from work and I'd have to cover!

I wish I could "hear" the action at work somehow. I log in here but everyone is over there enjoying the scenario!
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2024, 04:19:36 PM »
The real story of Lt. Biddick. https://www.nationalww2museum.org/war/articles/what-happened-lieutenant-curtis-r-biddick

I wish the show had just done the real story.

Also another 40 min episode. They sure did miss the mark with not adding some historical context cards.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Baloo

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2024, 09:47:02 PM »
The real story of Lt. Biddick. https://www.nationalww2museum.org/war/articles/what-happened-lieutenant-curtis-r-biddick

I wish the show had just done the real story.

Also another 40 min episode. They sure did miss the mark with not adding some historical context cards.

Great read, thanks for sharing! I suppose they wanted the more dramatized version for TV entertainment purposes. Doesn't change the fact the man had gigantic balls of steel  :salute

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2024, 07:54:55 AM »
Well this thread quieted down. Did the show go south?

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2024, 08:08:46 AM »
Meh…

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2024, 08:21:54 AM »
Well this thread quieted down. Did the show go south?

Deep south..

Last episode was the worst yet imo...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Baloo

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2024, 09:13:07 AM »
That's a bummer lol wife and I were saving episodes so we could binge 2 in a row

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2024, 09:27:06 AM »
It has been great. I think they are doing a great job of balancing the storytelling aspect with action.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com