Author Topic: Sound  (Read 267 times)

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
Sound
« on: February 05, 2024, 05:37:28 PM »
I sincerely hope someone can help me with this problem.

While playing my USB hub unplugged and I lost all sound. I replaced the plug and restarted the game to no effect. I also tried the .resetv 3 command with no change.

Looking into the AH3 folder in Windows7, I found no sounds folder.

I reinstalled AH3 from the Hitech website but that did not fix the problem. Worthy of mention is that there are also no sounds on any of my saved films.

Also worthy of mention is that sound is totally normal in websites and other games that I play.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Sound
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2024, 05:41:19 PM »
Did you check the sound settings in the game? More than likely it switched to some other sound card/set trying to get you sound. It wont automatically reset to the right one. You'll have to go back in a set it for the USB set you had it on.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2024, 01:20:36 AM »
^^ That.

The most confusing option is the "Realtek Digital Audio" alongside with "Realtek Audio" which is quite common in desktop computers. At first glance everything looks as it should, the eye easily skips the word "Digital" as the entire computer is a digital device, everything it does is based on digits.

With an USB headset that's not the problem, though, as they only show as one single device. But as Fugi said the sound can be switched to another soundcard. HDMI audio (Nvidia or AMD) gets my vote.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2024, 10:44:13 AM »
I am not sure I understand where to accomplish this. Would I do this in "game sounds - advanced"?

I did do a clean install of the game after deleting all elements first. After re-installing the game, sound was normal until I imported my game settings from a saved folder. Sound failed to work after the import but returned to normal after I deleted the saved settings. Would it be a bad file or files in my old "settings" that I could delete and thereby get normal sound again? If possible, i would rather not re-load all new settings.

Thanks for the help Gents.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2024, 11:02:14 AM »
Game sounds: Speakers and Headset drop down menus. I don't know if "fmodsnd" includes the sound card info, renaming it is a safe way to test it.

Also check in Windows settings what your default sound device is.

Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2024, 01:16:52 PM »
Thanks for all the help Gents. No idea how but I have lost all my old settings and it's been so long since i logged in that my log-in info is forgotten history.

Good time to take a break and maybe create a new account downline one day.

Thanks again and best wishes to all.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2024, 01:20:24 PM »
Hopefully this gets fixed.  This isn't the first problem I've heard regarding the issue.