Author Topic: Please stop doing that  (Read 7989 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Re: Please stop doing that
« Reply #120 on: March 05, 2024, 08:02:32 AM »
you all take this side thing seriously, dont you?!!

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #121 on: March 05, 2024, 08:05:19 AM »
The last several nights, the prime time knits have been pulling out of gang banging and hit no fight zones to force the end of gang bangs, splitting up opposing forces away from a gang bang and into s new battle elsewhere.

We made this announcement on 200 Sunday night. Bish had taken enough gang bang on the north side of the map, so we’re going after Rooks in the south to force Rooks to pill out of their lust for gang bangs and defend southern bases. It worked. It worked last night too.

As mentioned we’re balancing out the map away from gang bangs. What happens before we log on is not us. We’re pulling our forces away from gang banging and starting new wars.

Yin and yang. Rooks have/had a habit of 1.5 dar bars at 20k in 109s HOing everyone, Finetime taking down factories, cities or HQs. Pick your poison.

Personally, I think 20k 109 HOing is poor sportsmanship more so than taking an HQ.

Finetime isn’t hitting the HQs in the country getting gang banged, he’s going after the bullies. And then we force them to fight a more equal battle elsewhere. Where they have no time to fly 20k hordes. By the time they get to 20k that base is ours.

If balancing out the map bothers some, I guess so be it. At some point yas got to eat your own meds, just with a different flavor. Then we eat our own meds for doing it.

If some are just going to sit there and make zero attempt to stop him then you suffer. Ya gotta get creative, more so than just HOing everyone as the easy route. Think.

As long as gang bangs are going on, even by our own earlier forces, we’re going to attempt to balance the map. Gang bangs make people log, balancing the maps keeps em fighting.

What we are doing is in good taste. Even if you don’t like the tactic.  If Rooks (or Bish) keep being opportunist for gang banging then prepare for a strike. One way or another we’re going after that habit and give you a real challenge elsewhere

Its hard for me to side with those who gang bang any country. One night we after Rooks the next night we went after Bish. Its really not rotten game play.  Yall just have negative habits being broken.

We don’t do it with coding, we do it with different tactics. IMO, thats how it should be done.

If Finetime were really a bad guy, he’d be dumping the HQ area of the gang banged country. The bad guys are the gang banging HO hordes. Take a drubbing for your cheap tactics. As long as we’re flying ruining the arena is going to be a chore. Get used to it.

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: March 05, 2024, 08:24:44 AM »
TL;DNR - there's a big difference versus having enough numbers to have fun and push back (like your screenshot) and not having enough numbers to do much of anything (like the one I just posted: 8am 2/24 fairly representative.)    

Here's more context for you to consider.  Every.. every...every... morning, Bish have a significant numbers advantage that lasts for hours (7-8am cst until about 1pm cst.)   They generally have more than both Knits and Rooks combined.  And hit one front at a time with those overwhelming numbers,  Sometimes Knits and Rooks will push back, but as often as not, Bish focus their butthurt on Knits and Rooks join in... until Bish, not always mind you, turn on Rooks and push for a win, often failing because they spent so much time on Knits and numbers start to shift in the afternoon. 

This is what starts the cycle of Knits saying, "enough" and running rampant.   Does the Bish/Rook inability to deal with pissed Knits generate butthurt on their end that they try to use to justify the behavior that got them curbstomped to begin with? Why it seems it does.

It's not really a lot of fun in the mornings because there's not enough on to spread the fun out.  You have people acknowledging your perspective of "my time, my fun" but you don't seem to recognize you're not giving the acknowledgement back that, "our time, not so much fun because weaksauce.".

The picture was "after the fact" (as posted in the quote below )and was mainly to point out that the Knights capture ridiculous percentage of bases as well as the other teams.

And this is why the Knights get hammered more often than not....
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #123 on: March 05, 2024, 08:45:25 AM »
you all take this side thing seriously, dont you?!!

Ha!, I guess this is true.
AW was very segregated. Changing countries was a form of voodoo. “Traitor!!”
I was BZ from day one to last day. IMO It adds a more competitive concept.  Plus getting a 20-30 player squad to all agree on switching could be a challenge.  Everyone was in a squad. Not as many large group squads in AH these days.

I’m stuck in old skewl same country as much as I’m not going to play another sim without the massively multiplayer arena concept. I just won’t play any ither way. Old dog, few changes. :)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #124 on: March 05, 2024, 10:20:10 AM »
Ha!, I guess this is true.
AW was very segregated. Changing countries was a form of voodoo. “Traitor!!”
I was BZ from day one to last day. IMO It adds a more competitive concept.  Plus getting a 20-30 player squad to all agree on switching could be a challenge.  Everyone was in a squad. Not as many large group squads in AH these days.

I’m stuck in old skewl same country as much as I’m not going to play another sim without the massively multiplayer arena concept. I just won’t play any ither way. Old dog, few changes. :)

monday night madness has 0time to change sides. i suppose you tend to get loyal after awhile. when JG54 flew the MA as a squad we would pick the lowest side and try to rattle the hornets nest. was always great fun!!

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #125 on: March 05, 2024, 11:15:29 AM »
Just for the record, no one has a patent on this game except Hitech. :devil
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #126 on: March 05, 2024, 12:24:06 PM »
Just for the record, no one has a patent on this game except Hitech. :devil
+1
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations."Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s? It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns"Diaster
"Take your meds" ShadowX

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #127 on: March 05, 2024, 03:00:49 PM »
Knights with the hat trick  :neener: :cheers: :rock

3 for 3 on map wins

Bish HQ down for last 30 minutes of the map

Will be a rook for the next 5hrs to prevent any double teaming of Knghts
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations."Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s? It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns"Diaster
"Take your meds" ShadowX

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: March 06, 2024, 09:02:09 AM »
The problem is you're not around when things are like this - every day.  The immediate base count is irrelevant to the overarching situation of daily numbers imbalance.

9am cst  lots of fun to be found, right, or should I just let boredom win out and log until later when you're around to provide some fun?   

So your saying that the Knights are fighting on 2 front with less than 19 vs 10. So lets say 15 vs 10 due to "minimal bish/rook action". So we are talking 5 on the rook front, 10 on the Bish front. If you can all work together fight the Bish (10 vs 10). If you have a few off doing their own thing, fight the Rooks (5 vs 5).

Other than low numbers, whats the problem?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 09:39:28 AM by Shane »
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: March 06, 2024, 11:07:44 AM »
Yet, you seem to be giving Bish a free pass for their daily swarming...

Looks like the swarm just won a reset (admittedly the craptastic Buzzsaw map).. how do they do it?!?  I guess it's nice to have the luxury to send a few defenders.... 

Perhaps you can show us how to take a base with 5 people vs 3 defenders...

11am cst...   

The picture was "after the fact" (as posted in the quote below )and was mainly to point out that the Knights capture ridiculous percentage of bases as well as the other teams.

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #130 on: March 06, 2024, 07:44:24 PM »
Yet, you seem to be giving Bish a free pass for their daily swarming...

Looks like the swarm just won a reset (admittedly the craptastic Buzzsaw map).. how do they do it?!?  I guess it's nice to have the luxury to send a few defenders.... 

Perhaps you can show us how to take a base with 5 people vs 3 defenders...

11am cst...   

Bish have been stoomped all day in response Shane and their HQ has been down full time at 54 minutes no resup. Total campaign Knits and myself on Rooks have acquired 28% of Bishop bases since I logged around 11am cst.

All I Know is if I can change status quo by myself whenever I log on with just 2 accounts then so can anybody :old:
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 07:49:37 PM by mERv »
"Take your meds" ShadowX

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #131 on: March 06, 2024, 08:16:40 PM »
Well, now that you're not with Rooks, it's back to the usual minor rook/bish action (zero, in this case.)

8:15pm cst

Bish have been stoomped all day in response Shane and their HQ has been down full time at 54 minutes no resup. Total campaign Knits and myself on Rooks have acquired 28% of Bishop bases since I logged around 11am cst.

All I Know is if I can change status quo by myself whenever I log on with just 2 accounts then so can anybody :old:

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #132 on: March 06, 2024, 09:32:55 PM »
Its clear that "Brew time started and ended early tonight! :aok
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: March 07, 2024, 08:52:19 AM »
Back that free pass you're giving the Bish swarm (and their Rook enablers.)  Maybe low numbers has something to do with Rooks hitting Knits... maybe because there's no fun to be found going up against the daily swarm.

Only 1 or two Bish attacking Rooks at the moment, Rooks just took a Knit base.  8:45am cst

Come show us how to have fun.  Or maybe the fun comes later re-educating these locusts by curb stomping them.  Just bear in mind, many of these morning players fade away by afternoon/evening.  They put evening Bish/Rooks in the revenge bucket - gotta take back bases, right?

quick update 9:15am cst:  Bish have turned on their pet Rooks.  So much fun to be found!  What even are eny and "side balancing" ? 

Knits have too few numbers to even try and take back some bases from Bish who can easily, and will, spare a few for some spot defense.  I guess Knits could attack Rooks for "fun" right?

update 10:45am cst   I ran some errands and this is what I came back to.  Numbers aren't as lopsided as earlier, but still... how long have Bish had overwhleming numbers - 3 hrs or so, with another 2 hrs to go.

Seems Knits are having fun taking back some bases from... Rooks... some small effort to take back a Port from Bish.  Will Bish win before afternoon nappy time?

upload pics free

« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 10:51:33 AM by Shane »

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: March 07, 2024, 02:01:49 PM »
Thanks for helping today Shane!

Oh wait.. you were in the tower taking pictures of excuses.