Author Topic: My take on MotA Frame 2  (Read 584 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
My take on MotA Frame 2
« on: February 11, 2024, 07:55:51 PM »
This is not an AAR.
First, I gotta say,.... I've been in the concert and entertainment biz for 45 yrs. now. (soon to end)
I know professional when I see it, and I know sht when I see it.

I know I talk about what I do, prolly too much for some blood, but that's my whole life, it's what I do, it's what I talk about sometimes. How these event planners conduct themselves in this event,....is exactly what I hear and see launching a concert. It's all organized chaos on comms until the last minute. Everyone is getting their ducks in a row, adrenaline is flowing, this is a no nonsense period of time. All chatter must clear comms except for the leads. It really does, and always has, sounded like everything is about to go wrong. And then it burst out of the gates, I launch the artist off the tarmac onto the stage,.. and by some miracle,... everything just runs flawless, at that point,... no matter how long you been in the biz, your hair will stand up on your arms as the lights crank up and sound starts moving air, and the crowd just goes ballistic, your adrenaline is going 240.

This event and the folks who run it,.. whether you know it or not,.... this is exactly how we launch concerts. I could barely tell the difference. I would hire these guys. I'm proud of these peeps to go through it, with probably no training but instinct,... and pull it off just like the pros. I recorded comms on this and I'm using them in a video, comms through the whole events are gold. I prolly won't put any music to it. I'm sure I speak for many when I say how much I appreciate and respect your work. That I am aware of, no other sim on this planet has a seasoned team like this. THIS IS the sht.

That said. Watching 60-70 fighters (I don't know the proper count) go at it with life-preservation restraint at 18k-25k is a sight to see,... and then the B17s roll into the picture. There are no breaks between head rushes, it's a nice steady flow from one to another, don't blink.

I'm going to have a tough time making videos, there is so much that cannot be cut out. It's going to have to be a 4-5 part movie to really show it off.

Maybe I'm still new and excite easy,...I've only been back 1 yr, haven't been in past scenarios, but I think they out did themselves on this one and can't wait to see what they do to top it. Keep it flowing,... look at the results. We went from 120-130 in the MA to 168 (175 between two arenas), and then 186 between the two arenas, since you all started the announcements, hype and then to the event. THIS is what's going to turn this ship around the most. THIS is what we have over all other sims, and it's done so well.

Just wanted to say it out loud, this is your gold. The MA is just practice for scenarios and events.

Good job from the planners to the pilots. I've gained a lot of respect, even for those I drub now and then.

This is entertainment
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 08:04:24 PM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: My take on MotA Frame 2
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2024, 02:38:51 AM »
<S> to you, pal!

And thanks for flying in it!  :aok

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2024, 08:20:40 AM »
It's been a great scenario so far! I'm glad I've been able to fly the first two frames.  Here's to hoping I get to fly the remaining 3  :cheers:
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2024, 12:37:02 AM »
It's been a great scenario so far! I'm glad I've been able to fly the first two frames.  Here's to hoping I get to fly the remaining 3  :cheers:
Eh, you were ok :furious   :rofl  Was heck of a fight, SIR   I'll get you next time :devil  mumble mumble 109s pfft :bhead
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2024, 08:48:22 AM »
Eh, you were ok :furious   :rofl  Was heck of a fight, SIR   I'll get you next time :devil  mumble mumble 109s pfft :bhead

Just make sure you don't line yourself up in front of my 30mm probe next time  :devil :cheers:
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2024, 09:19:23 AM »
Just make sure you don't line yourself up in front of my 30mm probe next time  :devil :cheers:

P-51Ds this time, you’ll have to work harder for the kills. Wasn’t diggin the Bs, but at home in a D. :)
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2024, 06:52:44 AM »
WELL? There WERE 2 109's and 3 190's involved :uhoh  I got 2 of ya :devil   I wish I had it recorded...you would get a kick out of it!  EH, I let you and Xacherof push me below "hard deck",Lefty helped too, was my fault!   It cost SKalpo his 2nd life..that is what hurt the most...I would of sworn THAT K-4 was Eagler!  :x    Thus my "He dont need no practice against me, in a K-4.." on another thread... was referring to your killing me.   Eh I missed my shot on you though. Was a hell of a fight,,,#1 experience so far!!!!  You didnt happen to record it, did you?   Lesson Learned...FILM ON....with a little better SA...we can repeat this at altitude...? :devil  EH, I am First Fighter Ace...Allied...a fact that absolutely boggles my mind.  I can only do better,   I honestly dont know how to feel about it!  I am just having fun...burning ammo. Check Logs... :furious "Banshee got me? Why that M#$%$@ F^&*$%..where is my Spitfire?  :neener::furious     🤣 Love ya Brother and wouldnt have wanted it any other way!  PURE, Palm Sweating, Dry Mouthed and Panting for Air, fight of event so far!!! :cheers:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2024, 08:27:31 AM »
WELL? There WERE 2 109's and 3 190's involved :uhoh  I got 2 of ya :devil   I wish I had it recorded...you would get a kick out of it!  EH, I let you and Xacherof push me below "hard deck",Lefty helped too, was my fault!   It cost SKalpo his 2nd life..that is what hurt the most...I would of sworn THAT K-4 was Eagler!  :x    Thus my "He dont need no practice against me, in a K-4.." on another thread... was referring to your killing me.   Eh I missed my shot on you though. Was a hell of a fight,,,#1 experience so far!!!!  You didnt happen to record it, did you?   Lesson Learned...FILM ON....with a little better SA...we can repeat this at altitude...? :devil  EH, I am First Fighter Ace...Allied...a fact that absolutely boggles my mind.  I can only do better,   I honestly dont know how to feel about it!  I am just having fun...burning ammo. Check Logs... :furious "Banshee got me? Why that M#$%$@ F^&*$%..where is my Spitfire?  :neener::furious     🤣 Love ya Brother and wouldnt have wanted it any other way!  PURE, Palm Sweating, Dry Mouthed and Panting for Air, fight of event so far!!! :cheers:

:cheers: :cheers: I have recorded every sortie thus far!  Most of my kills have come from allies just flying in front of me  :rofl

Always a great fight, BW! :salute

P-51Ds this time, you’ll have to work harder for the kills. Wasn’t diggin the Bs, but at home in a D. :)

D's explode just like B's  :D :D
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2024, 10:12:26 AM »

D's explode just like B's  :D :D

Like I said, you’ll have to work harder for it, if you don’t die first. Better guns, better performance.

Either way, I could use some axis films. :)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 10:15:06 AM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2024, 12:18:00 PM »
Either way, I could use some axis films. :)

I’m saving each sortie and labeling them by frame and sortie for ya!
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2024, 03:02:16 PM »
I’m saving each sortie and labeling them by frame and sortie for ya!

Wow, I really appreciate your generosity.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks