Author Topic: Snowmen!  (Read 1110 times)

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
Snowmen!
« on: February 12, 2024, 07:04:58 PM »
I honestly don't care what my troops look like when they are inbound a maproom.
But snowmen in February?
New players will either be confused or off-put. Simple fix. Right?

This advertisement that the game managers are disconnected to "reality" and are letting things go on their own can't help build or retain numbers.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 07:06:48 PM by molybdenum »

Online hazmatt

• Silver Member
Re: Snowmen!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2024, 10:29:34 PM »
LOL. Seems that HT was a week late on resetting the camp and you expect the snowmen to be gone too?!

From my experience with HT he's more interested in playing poker then people paying their subscriptions or people getting muted without a reason which I'm sure you know is why I pulled the plug. (I've mentioned it enough that most people who don't care don't want to hear it again but I mention it just in case you missed it)

I think you might be setting your expectations a bit high if you expect them to be gone before July!

« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 10:34:18 PM by hazmatt »

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2024, 12:15:09 AM »
Can I play him for coding?
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2024, 01:34:05 AM »
Yepp, you can't build snowmen in February. Plenty of snow here, up to the crack but it's feathery. You can't roll big snowballs when it's -25C or -13F. So definitely no snowmen until late March!
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2024, 01:42:28 AM »
Would it help if snowmen were dressed in camo?
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2024, 07:10:45 AM »
(I've mentioned it enough that most people who don't care don't want to hear it again but I mention it just in case you missed it)
Oh yeah, pretty much every post you make.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2024, 08:35:00 AM »
LOL. Seems that HT was a week late on resetting the camp and you expect the snowmen to be gone too?!

From my experience with HT he's more interested in playing poker then people paying their subscriptions or people getting muted without a reason which I'm sure you know is why I pulled the plug. (I've mentioned it enough that most people who don't care don't want to hear it again but I mention it just in case you missed it)

I think you might be setting your expectations a bit high if you expect them to be gone before July!

The part I cant figure out is if your so pissed and "pulled the plug" over something you didnt even want to follow up on,......

WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE??

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2024, 08:47:25 AM »
The part I cant figure out is if your so pissed and "pulled the plug" over something you didnt even want to follow up on,......

WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE??

One simple word... attention.  Just like a few other frequent flyers that don't play anymore.
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2024, 10:19:04 AM »

2-13-24
                                                :neener:
AkCaine

Online hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2024, 11:02:35 AM »
It seems that whenever I get an email that I have a PM I come back to check and then get interested in all the drama going on again. Lolz

It is fun to come out from under the bridge from time to time and stir the pot.

I'm sure I'll lose interest at some point and go away. I have found that I'm spending more and more time on the IL2 boards and less and less time here. Then you guys can continue to bicker among yourselves. lol

Sometimes I think the drama on the boards is more entertaining then the game. Seems some of you must feel the same or maybe are just a bit too thin skinned.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 11:27:10 AM by hazmatt »

Offline ZE

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2024, 03:21:29 PM »
Would it help if snowmen were dressed in camo?
Or with underwear

:rofl :rofl

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2024, 05:37:49 PM »
you're pissed off over snowmen? wow, how petty a society do we live in. laugh at it and move on. its not like they are real soldiers. Geez!! i wish Hitech would change them to sheep!!

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2024, 06:03:51 PM »
you're pissed off over snowmen? wow, how petty a society do we live in. laugh at it and move on. its not like they are real soldiers. Geez!! i wish Hitech would change them to sheep!!

Maybe a new thing for each month. They can be Easter bunnies in April.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Online hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2024, 06:06:21 PM »

2-13-24
                                                :neener:
What's the significance of the date? Seems I missed something. That's not surprising :P

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2024, 07:11:54 PM »
What's the significance of the date? Seems I missed something. That's not surprising :P

It's a reminder that it's the day before Hallmark Valentines day and you still haven't gotten your wife anything and reservations at decent restaurants are gone and getting a table at Applebees will be rough.

Oh crap! I gotta go!
The Damned
Founded 1988