Author Topic: Snowmen!  (Read 1109 times)

Offline Gooss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com
Re: Snowmen!
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2024, 07:46:41 PM »
It's winter, right?
CHICKS DIG GULLWINGS
flying and dying since Tour 19

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2024, 10:08:53 AM »
It's a reminder that it's the day before Hallmark Valentines day and you still haven't gotten your wife anything and reservations at decent restaurants are gone and getting a table at Applebees will be rough.

Oh crap! I gotta go!

Ahha! Thanks for getting out the crayons and the Big Chief for me :)

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2024, 10:59:56 AM »
Maybe a new thing for each month. They can be Easter bunnies in April.
:aok
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2024, 09:10:44 AM »
It's a reminder that it's the day before Hallmark Valentines day and you still haven't gotten your wife anything and reservations at decent restaurants are gone and getting a table at Applebees will be rough.

Oh crap! I gotta go!

Ha had 2 dozen long stem red roses delivered to my wife. Also bought her a nice bracelet she was admiring awhile back. Her Dad's 82 birthday is the 14th so I grilled steaks. We had dinner with her parents, her sister and her husband.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2024, 09:54:08 AM »
Ha had 2 dozen long stem red roses delivered to my wife. Also bought her a nice bracelet she was admiring awhile back. Her Dad's 82 birthday is the 14th so I grilled steaks. We had dinner with her parents, her sister and her husband.

That's doing it right without being crazy or falling for the marketing.

I promised a fine evening out on this Friday and I did the obligatory damn card. So I did not escape the Hallmark marketing war machine like I wanted to.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2024, 05:49:33 PM »
My wife has been wanting that $1,400 Samsung S24 Ultra and her birthday was Feb 12.

I bought it for her.

No flowers, no dinner, no chocolate, no card. No money left...

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2024, 07:21:50 PM »
My wife has been wanting that $1,400 Samsung S24 Ultra and her birthday was Feb 12.

I bought it for her.

No flowers, no dinner, no chocolate, no card. No money left...

But not having to pick out a card or chocolates-especially that day on the way home from work?

Priceless.....
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2024, 09:36:48 PM »
But not having to pick out a card or chocolates-especially that day on the way home from work?

Priceless.....
It would be if we had the money to afford it... I told her we could buy 10 of the phones I have for that price and we could buy them in different colors every couple months but she wouldn't go for it.

Maybe I'm old school but I would never pay that price for a phone. It's a phone...

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2024, 10:24:54 PM »
It would be if we had the money to afford it... I told her we could buy 10 of the phones I have for that price and we could buy them in different colors every couple months but she wouldn't go for it.

Maybe I'm old school but I would never pay that price for a phone. It's a phone...

Oh, I'm with you there. I didn't know what a Samsung S24 Ultra was. i figured a whirlpool or some kinda sauna thing. My Iphone is as old as dirt and it's housed in a case fabricated from Gorilla tape. I hate cell phones and blame them for the downfall of Western Civilization and poor driving.....mostly poor driving.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2024, 12:10:31 AM »
I completely agree. I now have the most expensive phone I ever bought. I think paid something around $120. I guess the difference is that I don't spend 8 hours a day on it. I guess that's what makes that's what would make somebody want to buy a phone of that cost? I guess I made a mistake marrying a millennial but all the older woman had more baggage then I could handle.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2024, 01:04:32 PM »
Well in business, I use my phone for a lot of different things. They are just small computers. I have the Samsung 23 Ultra. The 24 really has no improvements, just a few changes. The camera is said to be better on the 23. I use the stylus taking notes quite a bit.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2024, 11:45:12 AM »
What's the significance of the date? Seems I missed something. That's not surprising :P

2-17-24
AkCaine

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2024, 03:48:52 PM »

2-17-24

Utoh. Another date.  :headscratch:

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2024, 04:05:57 PM »
       2-17-24                                                                                                     Utoh. Another date.  :headscratch:

When all allied aircraft are decimated by Axis überlegen piloten... no joke :bolt: