Author Topic: Language in main arena  (Read 3419 times)

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Language in main arena
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2024, 11:26:08 AM »
1) It's not illegal in every state anymore, smoking nor growing, its 2024.
2) If you're approaching 80 then it's natural for a lot of your friends to be gone. I'm 64 and 90% of my friends are gone.

Speaking about it on 200 is probably bad taste.
It kills me about this country
The habit that kills the most (Alcohol) is legal, the habit that kills the least (Weed) is illegal S1.
A lot of weed smoking went on during the prohibition, it wasn't invented in the 60s.
Just sayin

There's a lot of garbage on 200, like spewing of political conspiracies.

Cancer kills far more and the habit is smoking. They are finding that pot and even electric ciggs are not much of any better.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2024, 11:52:07 AM »
Cancer kills far more and the habit is smoking. They are finding that pot and even electric ciggs are not much of any better.

lol pot… and no lol.

Ecigs, cigarettes and alcohol are all natural things mixed with synthetics or are completely that. Weed does not cause cancer.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2024, 11:58:50 AM »

4 pages of a thread for swearing/inappropriate language in an online game with some actually trying to justify such childish and immature behavior is just baffling...

Eagler

Agreed 101%. I agree with you in many aspects of life. Should one of us or both get worried..? 

The most common reason for death is loss of life. Said my doctor, and he's professional. I presume.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2024, 12:11:06 PM »

Ha!
All true.
That said, my mom smoked 2 packs per day until 87, my dad smoked a pipe non-stop until 87.

Mom died prematurely from a bed sore that got way out of hand.
Dad died of dementia.
Both gruesome to watch their passing.

I smoked for 45 yrs, smoked a ship full of weed in the 70s-80s.

I went to a doctor for the first visit for a physical. He says: “your breathing is excellent, your blood flow sounds great, I think your lungs were just made for smoking” <blank stare> Never went back to that quack, he was banking on profiting from being wrong. Worst advice I ever got.

A lot of things will kill you, language is not one of them. Its just not prudent. Lol

Others smoke a short while and get cancer. Its in the genes.

I’m very far from being an angle. My nickname prolly suits me. But I was just raised like Opie Taylor in Mayberry to mind my manners in public. In private I go off the book of Animl. Ha!
Do as I say, not as I do, its not for weak stomachs. I just sin differently than others. :)

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2024, 06:14:57 PM »
if we just put a stop to people talking to each other, then no one would have to worry about language or offending anyone. that would be a good start i think!

yes, thats some serious sarcasm!

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2024, 07:39:43 PM »
Weed does not cause cancer.

Not true, Not false.  It's an unanswered question... at least now.  20yrs ago it was thought that Weed (smoke) was worse than tobacco because it contains significantly more of some of the same chemicals found in tobacco smoke that are(were) thought to be carcinogenic.  Who knows, maybe it will make you live forever.  Regardless, somehow, the "Scientific" Community has managed to ignore a quickly approaching issue.  I can't imagine why when so many are focused on finding something to legally dumb themselves down. 
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2024, 08:11:42 PM »
Not true, Not false.  It's an unanswered question... at least now.  20yrs ago it was thought that Weed (smoke) was worse than tobacco because it contains significantly more of some of the same chemicals found in tobacco smoke that are(were) thought to be carcinogenic.

It does.  And yet after massive studies to find it, there is no evidence of higher incidents of cancer from cannabis exposure.

That is what started pharma looking at what was going on as far as it having anti-cancer properties.  It should have easily been showing higher cancer risk.

That only applies to the burning of the vegetable matter. Vaping the oil or tinctures or edibles produce none of those carcinogic compounds.

Only old geezer still burn it.  Kids nowadays vape or tincture or edible.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 08:14:25 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2024, 09:46:30 PM »
My mom was an LP, My wife was an RN (RIP), my last GF was an RN. I've sat in on 100s of medical/oncology and pharma convention meetings to record them. Boring as sin, but ya pick up on a lot.

There are 426 chemical entities in weed. If you have just the wrong genes, and high intake, I'm sure it can cause cancer to that one special person. Burning the vegetation THC Trichomes sits on is not much different than cigs. However cigs have chemicals added to them to keep them burning.

Smoking weed may expose you to the same type of toxic chemicals found in tobacco smoke.
People who only smoked marijuana had higher blood and urine levels of several smoke-related toxins such as naphthalene, acrylamide and acrylonitrile than nonsmokers

There are approximately 600 ingredients in cigarettes. When burned, cigarettes create more than 7,000 chemicals. At least 69 of these chemicals are known to cause cancer, and many are toxic.

That said, Tumor is correct, there is no definitive answer, Yet.

People spend a lot on things that dumb them down, it's a stress relief and endorphin release. if it makes you happy, you'll prolly do it. Everyone sins differently. I'd rather have a weed smoker around me than an alcoholic, I'd rather have a weed smoker around me at work than someone who hasn't slept in 24 hours while working.

That said, weed has some mental issues it can cause. Regular cannabis use can be linked to an increased risk of anxiety and depression. But most research seems to have a focus on the link between psychosis and weed. Using weed can increase the risk of developing psychotic illness, including schizophrenia.

YA know what it boils down to? Life is just too short. Pick your poison wisely. Live your life. Unless someone is willing to volunteer for your place in your coffin, do as you please. What you do is none of my business. I expect the same in return. I'm very busy messing up my own life to keep track of you.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 10:00:53 PM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2024, 09:52:32 PM »
if we just put a stop to people talking to each other, then no one would have to worry about language or offending anyone. that would be a good start i think!

yes, thats some serious sarcasm!

I was deeply offended by that comment
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2024, 11:06:59 PM »
Desktop scientists are my favorite kind.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2024, 01:30:23 AM »
None of us are saints. Cussing is one thing, promoting drugs is vacation worthy.

I’ve witnessed the latter unless we’re talking about weed and now that’s a slippery topic there because so many states have legalized it. Most of the promotion of it is from players with ranging disabilities. While I find it an annoying subject to continue to keep seeing interjected into the conversation, I can also choose to ignore it…

If you’re talking about Schedule 1, that’s entirely different and I agree. A joke from time to time is nothing, but a squad named Hookers n Blow… :confused:
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Online hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2024, 08:44:25 AM »
Lawyers guns and money?

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2024, 09:18:40 AM »
Lawyers guns and money?

We are soooo off the tails, I’m forced to agree with this.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2024, 09:31:37 AM »
Pretty sure I got a second hand high off the aromatic aroma of this thread.

Last word = squelch

« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 09:40:09 AM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Spitter

• Copper Member
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2024, 09:40:01 AM »
lol pot… and no lol.

Ecigs, cigarettes and alcohol are all natural things mixed with synthetics or are completely that. Weed does not cause cancer.
Just to be clear, smoking 'pure' tobacco from the plant will kill you just as quick.