Author Topic: Frame scores  (Read 1120 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Frame scores
« on: February 19, 2024, 11:56:12 PM »
Hello, all.

We have scoring for the frames so far.

At first, we had a scoring system with adjustments for a large overabundance of bombers relative to axis fighters (compared to past scenarios).  However, we got a lot of walkons -- which is GREAT!  :aok.  As a result, we so far have a normal-ish ratio of bombers to axis fighters.  And our adjustments to scoring for overabundance are not needed.

Thus we are scoring so far without that overabundance adjustment.  With luck, we will continue to have large attendance, similar ratios to what we've been having, and not need any adjustment.

The following are the frame scores so far.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Frame scores
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2024, 11:57:57 PM »
Score for frame 1:

allied kills = 60
successful drops = 40
total points = 60 + 2.2 x 40 = 148

axis kills = 208
total points = 208

Axis victory

This one is a major victory by the axis.  Well done, Luftwaffe!

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2024, 12:00:24 AM »
Master of the Air, frame 2

allies
---------
kills = 50
successful drops = 19+18+18 = 55
total = 50 + 2.2x55 = 171

axis
---------
kills = 170
total = 170

Allied victory by the slimmest of margins.

Man, that is close!  Basically a draw.  Well done both sides!

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2024, 12:01:57 AM »
Master of the Air, frame 3, score

allies
---------
kills = 58
successful drops = 56
total = 58 + 2.2x56 = 181

axis
---------
kills = 167
total = 167

Allied victory.

Congratulations, allies.

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2024, 11:47:08 AM »
If I didn't have so much fun I'd demand a recount!

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2024, 12:01:35 PM »

I did already.  :aok

However, folks can double check things.  The kill numbers are what the log says as total kills for each side.

The Successful Drops work like this.  If a BG pilot launched in a B-17, then destroyed one or more of following targets, it counts as one Successful Drop.  It doesn't matter if the pilot destroys one structure or 100 structures -- one or more is one Successful Drop. The acceptable targets are:  hangars (bomber, fighter, vehicle), bunkers (ammo, fuel, radar, barracks), city buildings, town buildings, factory buildings (refinery, AAA, ammo, radar, troop).

Each Successful Drop is worth 2.2 points.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2024, 03:53:54 AM »
:rofl :aok :furious :bolt:   I didnt even know we kept "SCORE"!  Well, not like Score-Score...says first 56th FG ACE :rofl      I have wished for an AH2...ish....Field order type thing. Like Combat Flight Sim 3 format. A changing Front, Targets ever changing, depending upon Success/Failures of missions.  Static Quo..we will hit here or here, our spawns are here...eh? Random/Effect related, would be way more chaotic/fun?   Eh...this one is a HOOT....like you, I would complain if I wasn't having so much fun!!!! :devil   I don't get to fly with DLO52,Rebel59,Goodbye,BSB or Hlywd all that often anymore. This has been GREAT!!!!! :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline HollyWood750

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2024, 08:49:34 PM »
Narrator (after compensating for BW1stpar's Tennessean vernacular): "BW had fun."

:banana:

:salute

HW

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2024, 06:51:41 AM »
Narrator (after compensating for BW1stpar's Tennessean vernacular): "BW had fun."

:banana:

:salute

HW
:rofl   Now where did I put those Goal Posts?  HLYWD...just ashamed TN river runs through his state?  Just spitballing here..I ain't happy about it either!   WAIT...WE threw Goal Posts into the TN River 2022.....2024 Coach Saban announces retirement???????????    Thats some LSU VOODOO stuff...I do NOT CONDONE!   Now where did my Chicken Wings disappear too? Drumsticks too?  All I found were bones!  EEK :bolt:           :rofl     You dang right, this has been fun!   DLO, BSB and even you...GREEN GUYS?  More picking for me...ya'll turn 'em I'll burn 'em?  :devil   We need to hound(Get'em Smokey), THESTIG to join us Sat., as DLO will not make it.and that is another of you "Love ya when Green Clan"  :kiss: :rock         
EDIT: TN.. RUNS THROUGH....every couple of decades...still happens though....1982: first memory of Goal Posts...Fer the streets!!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 07:20:42 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2024, 04:19:28 PM »
1stpar, where in TN do you live?  I'm in Franklin.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2024, 08:07:00 AM »
1stpar, where in TN do you live?  I'm in Franklin.
I had to move to WV, in 2018.Born Knoxville, 1972...UT Hospital..had Jaundice...spent 2 weeks under those Big Orange grow lights---thus my Volunteers till death hehehe Hlywd will never understand :rofl     I was in Soddy Daisy, a suburb of Chattanooga, thanks to The TVA. Dad was Nuclear Engineer and was transferred to On Site in 1984/ 1985-2018. Except for a stint when I lived in Scottsboro/Hollywood, AL 1996-2005(I try to block out those memories lol), was medically retired(Multiple Sclerosis) and had to move home 2005. 2018 The parents and I, moved to Ancestral Home Place in WV.  I sure do miss my Rocky Top, but Almost Heaven isn't all that bad. 

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2024, 01:56:32 PM »
I had to move to WV, in 2018.Born Knoxville, 1972...UT Hospital..had Jaundice...spent 2 weeks under those Big Orange grow lights---thus my Volunteers till death hehehe Hlywd will never understand :rofl     I was in Soddy Daisy, a suburb of Chattanooga, thanks to The TVA. Dad was Nuclear Engineer and was transferred to On Site in 1984/ 1985-2018. Except for a stint when I lived in Scottsboro/Hollywood, AL 1996-2005(I try to block out those memories lol), was medically retired(Multiple Sclerosis) and had to move home 2005. 2018 The parents and I, moved to Ancestral Home Place in WV.  I sure do miss my Rocky Top, but Almost Heaven isn't all that bad.

Go Vols!  :aok

If you are ever in the Nashville area and want me to take you out to lunch or dinner, just let me know.  :aok

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2024, 01:43:36 PM »
Masters of the Air, frame 4, score

allies
---------
kills = 75
successful drops = 50
total = 75 + 2.2x50 = 185

axis
---------
kills = 117
total = 117

Allied victory frame 4.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2024, 04:14:19 AM »
Masters of the Air, frame 4, score

allies
---------
kills = 75
successful drops = 50
total = 75 + 2.2x50 = 185

axis
---------
kills = 117
total = 117

Allied victory frame 4.
:rock Allies win  :devil    Question...what is the 2.2x50 in score tally?

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2024, 11:00:33 AM »
2.2 points per successful drop.